• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 March Madness Comic Grading Tournament - Round of 32

88 posts in this topic

:acclaim: Welcome March Madness Grading Tournament - Round of 32 :acclaim:

Rules for this and future rounds:

1. Do not talk about the books in this thread or any other thread. Do not talk to your wife about these books. Do not talk to your friends about these books. Do not talk to your dog about these books.

2. Four books will be posted. PM me all grades in the order they are listed. Use the template I provided to send the grades

3. Submit your grades in standard CGC recognized increments.

4. Due date for grades for this round is Sunday, March 20th at 10:00p (EST) or when the last team submits its grades. All grade submissions are final.

5. No conditional grades will be accepted. Please ask questions to seek clarification before submitting grades.

6. The following is a list of things I will always disclose when posting the scans.

A. Any defects not clearly visible. (ie. NCB creases)

B. Moisture Stains not apparent on the scan.

C. Damage to a book which was not present at the time of grading.

D. Any damage/ scratches on the CGC case which may appear as flaws on the book.

7. Your score will be tallied based on the sum of the points awarded for the grades assigned each book based on the chart below:

Spot on= 20 points

.2 or closer = 18 points

.5 or closer= 15 points

.7 or closer= 10 points

1 or closer = 7 points.

1.2 or closer= 5 points.

1.5 or closer= 2 points

2 or closer = 0 points

Over 2 grades off= Technical Foul -5 points

Bonus (cumulative):

2 books spot on= 5 points

3 books spot on=10 points

The Team with the highest score wins the game and advances. There will be an overtime book posted in the event of a tie.

Good Luck to everyone.

The Brackets:

March-Madness-3A.png

March-Madness-3B.png

Large scans:

AF

BsvgaI.jpg

8Wq7L7.jpg

DCP

4rM2hg.jpg

FL6n2g.jpg

MIS

179gtg.jpg

9sHMgY.jpg

Warlock

50iyPi.jpg

Ax2fzu.jpg

More large scans (click the image a couple of times to get the maximum size):

AF

2015_11_16_0023.jpg

2015_11_16_0024.jpg

DCP

2015_11_16_0071.jpg

2015_11_16_0072.jpg

MIS

2015_11_16_0101.jpg

2015_11_16_0102.jpg

Warlock

2015_11_16_0090.jpg

2015_11_16_0091.jpg

I've had a couple of questions about picking prizes.

After the Tournament is over, the winner picks first. The runner up picks second, etc. sckao will determine the prize picking order.

Since there are over 32 prizes, everyone still in the Tournament is guaranteed a prize.

RANDOM COMMENTARY

As we enter the Sweet Sixteen for each bracket, some things hold true. Three out of four Number 1 Seeds continue to advance in Bracket A (spidermanbeyond, canickus, and WI16227). We had a 12-5 upset with Toro's perfect round during the Round of 64 over Jeffro. Amazingly, toro had a SECOND perfect showing in the Round of 32 against Paddy_McShillihan. :applause:

Which brings us to the current marquee match-up of

Cinderella story and Number 12 Seed toro - 2015 Green Eggs Grading Contest Champion

versus

Number 1 Seed Canickus - 2014 Green Eggs Grading Contest Champion :acclaim:

Two men enter... One man leaves! :sumo::acclaim:

Coming out of Bracket B, three out of four Number 1 Seeds continue to advance (TheGeneral, jhutton, and boatfund). Another 12-5 upset happened in the South during the Round of 64 when 01TheDude edged out BlackLantern 78-68.

Meanwhile, the lowest seed still alive in both Brackets, Number 14 Seed IncredibleHauck moves on barely surviving his OT match against Dark Knight! (thumbs u

Two Overtime games in the Round of 64... One OT game in the Round of 32. Past Champions Comicdey and Warlord are both out. The Sweet Sixteen is set in both brackets.

Both Brackets now battle to see who joins the Elite 8! Good luck everyone!

Always wondered the win percentage of comic shop owners versus the average collector. Pretty sure they dominate.

Yup. some amazing stuff has walked in my buddy's store. Including an R Crumb page that the seller wouldn't take more than $200 for. Mad 1-22. Stuff like that. My buddy always tells them it's worth considerably more but this is what I'm willing to pay for it. Except for the Crumb page. The Mad's were 2.0 condition he picked em up for $500 sold for $1500.