• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspicious Batman #1 on Ebay
5 5

149 posts in this topic

You may want to put why YOU feel it is suspicious rather than just linking the auction. Also, just the fact that the seller is openly putting his contact info and willing to sell off eBay is an eBay violation and that auction can easily be pulled by eBay if its reported.

(thumbs u

the same wording is popping up in many auctions --

"want to sell it for 2500 - email me at this address"

for books worth WAY more than 2500

scams all around.............

While we're at it let's please get this one shut down... this is owned by a boardie who has confirmed (in the GA section) that this is not for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1941-WWII-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-No-1-Nazi-HITLER-comic-book-COVER-ONLY-/291711935434?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Reported

I've seen countless auctions like this for AF 15s.

Do people really think they can get away with it?? (shrug)

It must be lucrative, otherwise it wouldn't be such a prolific practice. Think about it, all you need is a sucker to fall for it every 6 months, and you'll gross more than most people in the USA make after taxes.

And never underestimate the greed of people. I can totally see someone falling for it.

-Terry

I fell for it once on a Facebook group. I had just joined and didn't know that you're supposed to use goods and services through PayPal. Seller said I had to pay using friends and family because he had bank problems. I was too hypnotized by the deal to recognize the scam. And I had zero PayPal experience to understand the difference and the consequences. The Group admin contacted me seconds after I sent payment. Tried to cancel but couldn't. I got scammed. It sucked and still burns me to this day that I could be so stupid.

So yeah, there are people out there who might not be experienced online buyers who get taken. that people do that to one another. A bad side to the Internet.