• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspicious Batman #1 on Ebay
5 5

149 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, kav said:

jesus christ.  lets all report it and get auction pulled guys.  GM8 you can report for  'avoiding ebay fees' , 'offers outside ebay'

Just reported it 

7 hours ago, kav said:

that is odd.  maybe they really have the book, just want to deal outside ebay.

No idea if the book is legit but after he sent me the photos already in the auction, he sent me new pics with his ebay name on it.   So he has whatever is in the pictures.

31 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

The copy for sale lacks the (red) silhouetted buildings that the original has, bottom left hand corner (front cover, obviously).

Famous First Edition reprints have that detail. No idea what this is - except that it is not the real deal.

You're right.  The red tower in the left bottom corner is missing.  I'm reporting this now.

36 minutes ago, Duffman_Comics said:

The copy for sale lacks the (red) silhouetted buildings that the original has, bottom left hand corner (front cover, obviously).

Famous First Edition reprints have that detail. No idea what this is - except that it is not the real deal.

Possibly a 'Museum edition" reprinted in modern times?

Regardless, it's fake. They weren't that glossy in the 1940's. That's modern day gloss.

6 minutes ago, stock_rotation said:

Don't sweat it, it's me. I'm curious if the seller will try and do an off-ebay deal.

I know some on here get really heated by any selling off ebay, but to me selling a counterfeit item as "possibly real" is much more severe.

36 minutes ago, Barth said:

Good eye.  Same problem as before: no red tower in bottom left corner.  Not authentic 1940 book and reported.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:20 AM, Barth said:

Come on guys, report this listing.  Some poor sod is going to spend 2100 on a reprint.