• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL appreciation thread
2 2

398 posts in this topic

I just wanted big, massive battles, and I got them, so I loved it. Before this film, the best Superman fight in movie history was Neo vs. Agent Smith in "Matrix: Revolutions," so this film finally gave us great Superman battles that were actually in a Superman movie. :taptaptap:

That definitely came through with Man of Steel. A massive fight that could easily have gone either way - if not for the need for future Superman movies.

(:

I can watch Faora taking on Superman repeatedly, and it never gets boring. The same for when she takes on the Special Operations soldiers and Guardian/Colonel Hardy.

:whee:

They need to bring her back.

I also thought that the scenes on Krypton at the start of the movie were exceptionally well done. DC/Warners should think about doing a Krypton Chronicles set of movies or TV show.

I also thought that the scenes on Krypton at the start of the movie were exceptionally well done. DC/Warners should think about doing a Krypton Chronicles set of movies or TV show.

There was talk of this after the movie came out. Russell Crowe was even encouraging Warner to consider this.

I think it would be interesting as a prequel.

So where did all of the stuff that got sucked into the "singularity" at the end of MoS end up? The Phantom Zone?

I was just looking that up to confirm after reading what Comicopolis posted about Faora.

The military then crashes Kal-El's spacecraft into Zod's ship, sending it back into the Phantom Zone along with Zod's crew. Avoiding their fate, Zod survives and vows to annihilate the human race in revenge.

So rather than having to kill them off, the other Kryptonians were sent back to the Phantom Zone.

:ohnoez:

That means Faora could show up again in future movies.

:whee:

Interesting that Gal Gadot was offered the Faora role, and turned it down.

General Zod's sub-commander and a commander of the Kryptonian military, who is completely devoted and loyal to Zod. Gal Gadot was offered the role, but refused because she was pregnant at that time. This allowed her to be later cast as Wonder Woman in the film's sequel.

Watch Man of Steel right now...I'm at the climatic final battle and was thinking "How cool would it have been if they snuck Ben Affleck in there?"

We know by the trailers that BvS will show a flashback to Bruce being in Metropolis and witnessing the destruction during Zod and Superman's battle. It would have been amazing is WB had the foresight to put him in there as a cameo in MoS...at least for most of us to ask why Affleck was in MoS, and then reveal that he has been casted as Bruce.

That would have rivaled the things Marvel is doing with their movies.

I dont think 4 years ago when they filmed MOS they had plans on Affleck as being Batman.

I don't think they had any plans at all at that time.

It was right after Man of Steel had been released in theaters as of June 2013 that Zack Snyder proposed Batman and Superman together in the next movie. But it wasn't like there was a roadmap leading up to this.

Comic-Con 2013: ‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

I'm looking at in the screen grab and I still don't see it. All I see is a blurry mess that honestly could be anything.
"Zoom and enhance. Zoom and enhance."

I've just re-watched Man of Steel and have to say it's an excellent film (thumbs u My wife watched it (for the first time) and agrees.

The plan is to go back and re-watch Batman v Superman in the week!

I'm on such a DC high right now... tomorrow night I'm going to watch Green Lantern :banana:

I've just re-watched Man of Steel and have to say it's an excellent film (thumbs u My wife watched it (for the first time) and agrees.

The plan is to go back and re-watch Batman v Superman in the week!

I'm on such a DC high right now... tomorrow night I'm going to watch Green Lantern :banana:

:o