• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MAN OF STEEL appreciation thread
2 2

398 posts in this topic

I watched MOS again. Nearly 3 years ago I gave this film a 7.0. I feel the same today. It is a good movie, but missed opportunities for greatness I suppose. Too dark, no fun, no color, excessive and gratuitous building demolitions, etc. Superman is more a supporting actor than a lead. The hand-held "shaky" photography still irritates me as does Superman's ridiculously long CGI cape. I need to see BvS again but I think less hand-held and a shorter cape in BvS. Zod, Jor, Lara, Faora and Martha are excellent. And the "death is its own reward" US Army dude. The opening Krypton scene is really good.

I watched MOS again earlier today (as a tuneup for BvS) and was surprised how much I thoroughly enjoyed the film this time around. It was almost like seeing it for the first time hm

Pretty much NO complaints from me...

So I'm watching the Elektra Director's Cut Blu-Ray...

:o

From the chap who's just watched the Green Lantern: Extended Cut Blu-Ray ;)

lol

Actually, I'd give the Elektra Director's Cut a 6.0/10.0 with the extra scenes, as they add a level of spiritualism and mysticism I never picked up on before with the Theatrical Cut.

What I didn't realize was the film was based on the Wolverine-Elektra: The Redeemer by Greg Rucka.

They missed a real opportunity for a crossover there. Maybe with rights all worked out Wolverine could pop up in Netflix?

They missed a real opportunity for a crossover there. Maybe with rights all worked out Wolverine could pop up in Netflix?

I thought the same exact thing now that they pointed out what book it was based on. Having him appear with Elektra would have been interesting.

How Superman has made $170million without even selling a ticket

Almost 100 companies have inked deals with Warner Brothers for their brands to appear in the film. From a marketing perspective, what company wouldn't clammer to be associated with the world's hardest, and nicest, man?

The deals have earned the film-makers $170million (£107m).

Product placement generates more profit for a movie than some would assume.

I watched MOS again. Nearly 3 years ago I gave this film a 7.0. I feel the same today. It is a good movie, but missed opportunities for greatness I suppose. Too dark, no fun, no color, excessive and gratuitous building demolitions, etc. Superman is more a supporting actor than a lead. The hand-held "shaky" photography still irritates me as does Superman's ridiculously long CGI cape. I need to see BvS again but I think less hand-held and a shorter cape in BvS. Zod, Jor, Lara, Faora and Martha are excellent. And the "death is its own reward" US Army dude. The opening Krypton scene is really good.

I watched MOS again earlier today (as a tuneup for BvS) and was surprised how much I thoroughly enjoyed the film this time around. It was almost like seeing it for the first time hm

Pretty much NO complaints from me...

I really liked general zod. He so looks like he has some chew in his mouth when he is speaking though(work with a lot of guys who chew).

I really liked general zod. He so looks like he has some chew in his mouth when he is speaking though(work with a lot of guys who chew).

Check out another one of Michael Shannon's baddie roles in "Premium Rush."

"I'm chasing a bicycle."

He's wicked funny in it.

really liked general zod. He so looks like he has some chew in his mouth when he is speaking though(work with a lot of guys who chew).

He was fantastic on HBO's Boardwalk Empire.

:whee:

Man of Steel gets better with every viewing.

This is probably my favourite scene from the movie with a great Hans Zimmer theme.

I was just watching Superman II (Lester Cut) to see how I like that compared to the Donner Cut. But now you have me wanting to put this in.

:cloud9:

I like Christopher Nolan even more.

‘Man of Steel’ producer got banned by Christopher Nolan, still made $50+ million

Peters was a producer on 2006’s Superman Returns and received an executive producer credit on Man of Steel. As part of his original deal, he gets 7.5% of the total box office gross. So between the two latest Superman movies, Peters told The Hollywood Reporter that he made between $80 and $85 million.

In the case of Man of Steel, Peters made over $50 million for doing absolutely nothing! He told THR that Man of Steel producer Christopher Nolan had him banned from the set. “My reputation scares these guys,” he said.

Crazy that this fellow owns the movie rights to Superman.

Looking back at this movie now we've seen BvS and Suicide Squad from the DCU, I have to say how good Man of Steel was.

It clearly stands top of the pile of the 3 movies which is why I worry about DC.

The films have dropped in quality, BvS extended is enjoyable enough but too much going on that the theatrical cut fell short and Suicide Squad was just a dreadful mess of a movie.

Looking back at this movie now we've seen BvS and Suicide Squad from the DCU, I have to say how good Man of Steel was.

It clearly stands top of the pile of the 3 movies which is why I worry about DC.

The films have dropped in quality, BvS extended is enjoyable enough but too much going on that the theatrical cut fell short and Suicide Squad was just a dreadful mess of a movie.

The key date is November 17, 2017 when the Justice League movie debuts. That has to do very good at the box office.

I hope so as I like an alternative to Marvel movies,as competition is good.

:wishluck:

The key date is November 17, 2017 when the Justice League movie debuts. That has to do very good at the box office.

I would say all hopes hinge on Wonder Woman to be honest.

What if this scenario happens which I could see.

Both Wonder Women and JLA are critically acclaimed hits,but don`t beat the box offices off BvS,Man of Steel and Suicide Squad?

hm

Latest rumours are that both movies are a mess.

Honestly, I am much more looking forward to the next round after them in Aquaman and Shazam. For some reason I like superhero solo movies much better than team-ups.

I would have preferred a Man of Steel 2 and 3 before BvS and JLA.

2c

Honestly, I am much more looking forward to the next round after them in Aquaman and Shazam. For some reason I like superhero solo movies much better than team-ups.

I would have preferred a Man of Steel 2 and 3 before BvS and JLA.

2c

absolutely BvS should have been MOS2. Replace Batman with Lex Luthor slowly going crazy, having darkseid/evil superman dreams, working out and building his Power Armor and kryptonite weapons and framing superman for crimes. You could cut the movie down to a manageable length, still have Wonder Woman (and maybe feature her a bit more, as she was the most favorable part of the movie to most people). The only real loss would be the cool batman fight scenes where he's fighting criminals. But the movie would have flowed better, people would have less questions, and people would STILL be anticipating Superman and Batman together for the first time.

After the success of Suicide Squad I stopped listening to rumors.

After the success of Suicide Squad I stopped listening to rumors.

success rhymes with mess, otherwise they've got little in common when it comes to box office performance. SS and BVS both short-listed for Razzie Worst Movies of the Year for a reason.