• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

On 11/30/2021 at 10:38 AM, ramrodcar said:

This book helped my kids, maybe it could help you too! :)

91N82EPkrGL.jpg

I like to share with other people who have my best interests in mind. People stealin' my money ain't them.

Elmo better watch out, though. His last name is "Monster" for a reason.

Ebay has taken to making me log in like twice a day.  Used to stay logged in for months.  Missed out on sniping a book I have been seeking for years.  warning warning warning.

Ebay, paypal, venmo whatever-any platform with more than 50 employees will be sending data to the IRS on transactions over $600 per year.

On 12/1/2021 at 10:59 PM, kav said:

Ebay has taken to making me log in like twice a day.  Used to stay logged in for months.  Missed out on sniping a book I have been seeking for years.  warning warning warning.

That sucks - I haven't had that so far, either on my phone or my laptop. Sorry you missed out on that NM+ Dazzler #1.

On 12/1/2021 at 9:03 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That sucks - I haven't had that so far, either on my phone or my laptop. Sorry you missed out on that NM+ Dazzler #1.

:pullhair:

if you wanna snipe go to place bid 5 min early, log in then snipe.

On 12/2/2021 at 12:02 AM, kav said:

Ebay, paypal, venmo whatever-any platform with more than 50 employees will be sending data to the IRS on transactions over $600 per year.

Single transactions or total transactions?

On 12/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, Gaard said:

Total Transactions, 1 2 or 3 or more, once your total "earnings" total more than $600 starting Jan 1st, will be reported to the IRS :) 

On 12/2/2021 at 8:32 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 12/2/2021 at 2:16 AM, Gaard said:

Total Transactions, 1 2 or 3 or more, once your total "earnings" total more than $600 starting Jan 1st, will be reported to the IRS :) 

Per platform, so $600 on ebay, $600 on PayPal, $600 on something else etc, then ebay will report the above $600 and so will PayPal and etc :foryou: 

I feel like such a jerk - I had 2 buyers, one bought a $10 spiderman book and the other bought a Tomb of Dracula 19. I've never made this mistake before, but somehow I got the labels mixed up and sent the wrong packages to the wrong buyers. Total mistake on my part and I know I'll never make it again after this learning experience. The guy who was supposed to get ToD contacted me right away yesterday when it was delivered and asked for a return - that's how I learned of the mistake. Of course I approved the return and sent a label right away.

I also immediately sent a message to the other guy yesterday explaining the situation and asking him to initiate a return when he got the book, and I'd square it all away (it was out for delivery still when the first guy did his return). Last night, the book showed as delivered to him, but I didn't hear back. This afternoon I sent another message apologizing again, saying I saw it was delivered and asking him to start a return so I could send him a label. Nothing so far.

ToD 19 isn't a crazy expensive book, but it is more than $10. I just hope the guy isn't ghosting me and keeping it - especially since the actual buyer of it has been so awesome and understanding. I hate losing money due to my own incompetence, but I'm more just embarrassed that I made the mistake, and I feel awful for the original ToD buyer because he seemed excited about the book.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:18 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I feel like such a jerk - I had 2 buyers, one bought a $10 spiderman book and the other bought a Tomb of Dracula 19. I've never made this mistake before, but somehow I got the labels mixed up and sent the wrong packages to the wrong buyers. Total mistake on my part and I know I'll never make it again after this learning experience. The guy who was supposed to get ToD contacted me right away yesterday when it was delivered and asked for a return - that's how I learned of the mistake. Of course I approved the return and sent a label right away.

I also immediately sent a message to the other guy yesterday explaining the situation and asking him to initiate a return when he got the book, and I'd square it all away (it was out for delivery still when the first guy did his return). Last night, the book showed as delivered to him, but I didn't hear back. This afternoon I sent another message apologizing again, saying I saw it was delivered and asking him to start a return so I could send him a label. Nothing so far.

ToD 19 isn't a crazy expensive book, but it is more than $10. I just hope the guy isn't ghosting me and keeping it - especially since the actual buyer of it has been so awesome and understanding. I hate losing money due to my own incompetence, but I'm more just embarrassed that I made the mistake, and I feel awful for the original ToD buyer because he seemed excited about the book.

Everyone makes mistakes. Years ago, I made a similar mistake. When the 2nd person did not answer, I just bought the first buyer a similar copy and sent it for free.

I don't know how expensive a $tod 19 is though. My error was maybe $40, but more than 15 years ago, books are more expensive now.

On 12/7/2021 at 6:18 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I always triple check my auctions when shipping multiple items. I always feared this scenario.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:18 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That sucks. I always process 1 sale at a time to avoid issues such as this, but as has been mentioned, everyone makes mistakes; It's how we learn.

Ugh - I really hate putting up auction on E-Bay.  I was out of town for awhile so I put up some books in set price 10 day auctions and did pretty well in terms of books selling.  But of course the one book that had a bidding war was never paid for and now I have to relist it for about half what it went for in the auction.  I can't leave the guy a negative so now I just have to eat the $30 in profits.  Very, very few issues with the BIN crowd.

Edited by 1Cool