• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

On 12/4/2022 at 5:17 PM, Beyonder123 said:

Has anyone had any problems with looking up terms like, "Subscription Copy, Subscription Cover, etc". Every time I look something up with the word "subscription" it turns up no results.

Like these?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2334524.m570.l1313&_nkw=subscription+copy&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&_odkw=subscription+copy+comic&_osacat=0

On 12/4/2022 at 7:29 PM, steveinthecity said:

No results when I click the link. Must be some sort of bug.

Edit: it only seems to do it on the app

Edited by Beyonder123

On 12/4/2022 at 7:38 PM, Beyonder123 said:

No results when I click the link. Must be some sort of bug.

Edit: it only seems to do it on the app

Just tried it myself. That's weird. It's the word "subscription".

Edited by Tnexus

On 12/6/2022 at 10:23 AM, Badlands said:

Has anyone else been getting non-paying buyers more than usual lately? I mean I'll get one here and there but lately I've gotten a few.

I know it's the cost of doing business but how annoying!

I guess if you keep your “blocked bidders/buyers” up to date with the list here it might help some. Choosing BIN instead of auctions for your listings drops the number of non-payers to 0. Depends on how fast you need to move merchandise too

On 12/6/2022 at 11:21 AM, B2D327 said:

Choosing BIN instead of auctions for your listings drops the number of non-payers to 0.

Thanks but not sure what you mean here? All mine are BIN and the buyer can still choose not to pay. We negotiate a price, they accept, an invoice is sent (or several), they don't pay.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:28 AM, Badlands said:

Thanks but not sure what you mean here? All mine are BIN and the buyer can still choose not to pay. We negotiate a price, they accept, an invoice is sent (or several), they don't pay.

Really? Used to be an item remained in one’s inventory until payment was made as even some of my purchases would have a disclaimer saying “you’ve committed to buy this item but another buyer may purchase the item until payment is made” or something to that effect. With the way eBay policies change, I’m not surprised though

On 12/6/2022 at 2:43 PM, jjfversion1 said:

The best way to avoid this with BIN listings is to choose the option that requires the buyer to pay upon clicking "BIN". I believe you can choose this option as a listing preference as a seller.

Nice! I'll try this, thank you!

Shipping cost have quickly become quite the issue.  Shipping 1 book via First Class has crept up to be $4.15 - $4.50 depending on how far away the buyer is but let's average it to $4.25 for one book.  Gemini mailers have gone up and I'm having no luck finding anyone who is selling them in bulk (300 and more) any longer so they are $0.75 a piece.  Bubble wrap will cost $0.05 for each package so it's $5.05 even before you factor in fees issued by E-Bay on mailing cost (12%).  So it's quickly approaching $5.50 to ship one book and shipping prices seem to be going up quite quickly when you ship a couple books (especially to CA).  I charge $5.00 currently and feel I have to go up to $5.50 especially since the prices realized are dropping fast.  I refuse to go the media mail route since shipping times go up so fast (especially around the Holidays) and the post office can screw with the package.  My price to ship one book was $4.00 for the longest time and $5.50 just seems prohibitive especially for sub $15 books.

Edited by 1Cool

On 12/8/2022 at 11:05 AM, 1Cool said:

Shipping cost have quickly become quite the issue.  Shipping 1 book via First Class has crept up to be $4.15 - $4.50 depending on how far away the buyer is but let's average it to $4.25 for one book.  Gemini mailers have gone up and I'm having no luck finding anyone who is selling them in bulk (300 and more) any longer so they are $0.75 a piece.  Bubble wrap will cost $0.05 for each package so it's $5.05 even before you factor in fees issued by E-Bay on mailing cost (12%).  So it's quickly approaching $5.50 to ship one book and shipping prices seem to be going up quite quickly when you ship a couple books (especially to CA).  I charge $5.00 currently and feel I have to go up to $5.50 especially since the prices realized are dropping fast.  I refuse to go the media mail route since shipping times go up so fast (especially around the Holidays) and the post office can screw with the package.  My price to ship one book was $4.00 for the longest time and $5.50 just seems prohibitive especially for sub $15 books.

Umm do you know Gemini sells them directly in bulk?

https://geminicomicsupply.com/products/comic-flash-mailers-1?variant=39942187942079

On 12/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, Tnexus said:

They use to sell bulk batches of I believe 650 for about $0.50 a piece.  The 270 for $200 is the best I've seen right now which equates to $0.75 a piece.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:39 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

How do you guys get the best offer sales prices on EBay again? I’m looking at a book that sold Nov 14th, but hasn’t been added to GPA yet 

130point.com

On 12/9/2022 at 5:16 AM, 1Cool said:

They use to sell bulk batches of I believe 650 for about $0.50 a piece.  The 270 for $200 is the best I've seen right now which equates to $0.75 a piece.

Have you tried contacting them? I know bulk sales they say to contact them directly.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:05 PM, 1Cool said:

I've been charging $6 shipping on eBay since I started selling again in the last 18 months or so. I do the same as you, first class or better on a Gemini with plenty of tape, extra backing boards and packing material - I won't ship Media Mail. I can often send 2 books if they buy and ask for combined shipping in one Gemini for just under $6, depending on the book size/thickness. I've never had anyone complain about the $6 shipping, and I don't really make any money on shipping when you factor all costs (maybe a quarter or two here and there), but I've gotten plenty of good feedback on the security of my packing. I say directly in my listings that I use fresh Geminis and will only ship first class or better.

As a buyer, if I find a book I want from 2 different sellers, all other things being equal, I'll pay an extra buck or two for the shipping if I see that's it's coming first class and they specify their packaging.

On 12/10/2022 at 2:54 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I've been charging $6 shipping on eBay since I started selling again in the last 18 months or so. I do the same as you, first class or better on a Gemini with plenty of tape, extra backing boards and packing material - I won't ship Media Mail. I can often send 2 books if they buy and ask for combined shipping in one Gemini for just under $6, depending on the book size/thickness. I've never had anyone complain about the $6 shipping, and I don't really make any money on shipping when you factor all costs (maybe a quarter or two here and there), but I've gotten plenty of good feedback on the security of my packing. I say directly in my listings that I use fresh Geminis and will only ship first class or better.

As a buyer, if I find a book I want from 2 different sellers, all other things being equal, I'll pay an extra buck or two for the shipping if I see that's it's coming first class and they specify their packaging.

How much does first class mail cost these days? I didn't know that gemini mailers could be shipped first class...

On 12/11/2022 at 3:56 PM, jjfversion1 said:

How much does first class mail cost these days? I didn't know that gemini mailers could be shipped first class...

Using first class is really only dictated by weight.  Over 1 lb you have to go Priority but I can usually get 5 books in the package before exceeding the 1lb weight limit.