• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,158 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2021 at 10:01 AM, Gaard said:

Just something I've noticed...

A couple of times a year, a comic I bought off Ebay will arrive with a price sticker attached (to the bag) for at least twice what I bought it for. I'll just roll my eyes and remove it. The cynical side of me also demands that I mutter something like, "Yeah, right. person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed."

likely bought at a half off sale ... or even 60% off

On 10/20/2021 at 8:17 PM, batmiesta said:

Surely this is a wind up . O.o

Silver Surfer #4 9.6 for peanuts

It's a scam. I've seen a bunch of high value books listed for BINs at 10% of value, always from zero feedback Canadian sellers.

Greggy is probably on PTO and bored. 

Edited by october

On 10/21/2021 at 2:30 AM, october said:

It's a scam. I've seen a bunch of high value books listed for BINs at 10% of value, always from zero feedback Canadian sellers.

Greggy is probably on PTO and bored. 

Apparently some mug has bought it, and no, it wasn't me. meh

my messaging to some bozo who has a listing for ASM #69 with the description Kingpin First Appearance ......

impression?mkevt=4&mkpid=0&emsid=e11051&

New message to: mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2

LOL
disputed by who
issue 50 is his first appearance and he is on the cover of issues 51 and 60 which both obviously pre-date issue 69
69 isn't even one of his first 5 appearances

and no I'm not interested in this or other offerings from someone that either incorrectly or maliciously posts false info even after being corrected

good luck with your sale and likely impending return

mxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx2

69 its disputed that 69 is tne first Appearance, but thank you,are you interested i have alot more i am currently posting (Green Lantern #30,King Size Special #1 w/daredevil ,#1's.of Machine Man Sea devils punisher
silver surfer ect

mxxxxxx3:

Are you selling Amazing Spider-Man #50 or #69?
because Amazing Spider-Man #50 is the first appearance of Kingpin
Edited by StillOnly25Cents

odd thing just happened, anyone have any ideas WTF? Usually these are one off oddities but it is so interesting

Tried to end a listing and it responded "listing cannot be ended". :whatthe: I have no offers out on the item...it is some Batgirl issues. They just announced Batgirl and I got "make an offer" on 2 of my items, both Batgirl issues. So I decided to offer one to the watcher and end one to hold just in case. Ebay say NO SOUP FOR YOU!  So I went out and tried again, listing cannot be ended. So I raised the price to $100 from $10, which it allowed of course. So why can't I end it? It relists in 6 days and some hours.

In fact I cannot end any of my listings. :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: Is there now a limit on how many listings you can end in a given period?

On 10/25/2021 at 7:24 PM, Bird said:

odd thing just happened, anyone have any ideas WTF? Usually these are one off oddities but it is so interesting

Tried to end a listing and it responded "listing cannot be ended". :whatthe: I have no offers out on the item...it is some Batgirl issues. They just announced Batgirl and I got "make an offer" on 2 of my items, both Batgirl issues. So I decided to offer one to the watcher and end one to hold just in case. Ebay say NO SOUP FOR YOU!  So I went out and tried again, listing cannot be ended. So I raised the price to $100 from $10, which it allowed of course. So why can't I end it? It relists in 6 days and some hours.

In fact I cannot end any of my listings. :whatthe: :whatthe: :whatthe: Is there now a limit on how many listings you can end in a given period?

I'm not sure if this is the issue with you, but you can't end a listing that has a pending offer (from either end). You or the buyer need to definitively decline the offer, and then you should be able to end it.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:52 PM, stock_rotation said:

I'm not sure if this is the issue with you, but you can't end a listing that has a pending offer (from either end). You or the buyer need to definitively decline the offer, and then you should be able to end it.

that wasn't it, it was weird. I could not end any of my listings, not a one. Just ended the Batgirl now, so I guess it is cleared up. I could change the price to 99.99 but could not end the listing.

Do due diligence folks...

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghh!!!

My Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe cgc 9.4 for $55 shipped is out for delivery today BUT....

I searched for it again.

Annnnnnd.

Here is some person that forgot to put in the issues number... So it didn't come up in the search results

And for like only $10 more for a cgc 9.6 .....

Screenshot_20211029-130242.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/29/2021 at 2:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Do due diligence folks...

Aaaaaarrrrrrgggghh!!!

My Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe cgc 9.4 for $55 shipped is out for delivery today BUT....

I searched for it again.

Annnnnnd.

Here is some person that forgot to put in the issues number... So it didn't come up in the search results

And for like only $10 more for a cgc 9.6 .....

Screenshot_20211029-130242.png

just return it...then we can block you in the ebay blocked bidders thread!

That does indeed suck.

On 10/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bird said:

That does indeed suck.

nooooo.....nooooooo.....

but lol seriously doh! even I've had enough of me lol I ain't afraid of no post :banana:  who I gonna call?

Ghostbusters Clipart Symbol - Ghostbusters Logo PNG – Stunning free  transparent png clipart images free download

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/29/2021 at 1:53 PM, Bird said:

That does indeed suck.

if I really wanted to up the ante on the dislike of my post, I should point out that it is like a 100 point difference in the registry! Am I burned :pullhair: :boo:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 10/29/2021 at 6:31 PM, Taylor G said:

I just sold something and, although the buyer selected Media Mail, Ebay says it isn't eligible.

The item is just under the weight limit for First Class, otherwise I would have to mail Priority Mail and take a big hit.

WTF?  Did I miss a memo or something?

they eliminate the option for some listings, but not all. At least not yet. use usps or paypal shipping