• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,140 posts in this topic

On 12/8/2021 at 8:57 AM, 1Cool said:

Ugh - I really hate putting up auction on E-Bay.  I was out of town for awhile so I put up some books in set price 10 day auctions and did pretty well in terms of books selling.  But of course the one book that had a bidding war was never paid for and now I have to relist it for about half what it went for in the auction.  I can't leave the guy a negative so now I just have to eat the $30 in profits.  Very, very few issues with the BIN crowd.

Yeah, I'm done with auctions - I have a couple left that need to finish, and then I'll stick with BINs. Had a guy win one the other day, and he messaged me within an hour or so and said, "I don't need this book, can you cancel it?" Canceled, blocked and sent a message saying if you don't need something don't commit to buying it.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

Wondering how to deal with a buyer who wants me to wait 2 weeks for payment. This buyer had bought a book from me this summer and paid promptly.  In addition to the long wait he has made bids on several other books I currently have up for auction.

Is my best course of action to cancel the order and relist, or to wait it out and hope he pays?

Any thoughts on what to do with the current items I have up for auction that he has bid on?

On 12/13/2021 at 6:59 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Wondering how to deal with a buyer who wants me to wait 2 weeks for payment. This buyer had bought a book from me this summer and paid promptly.  In addition to the long wait he has made bids on several other books I currently have up for auction.

Is my best course of action to cancel the order and relist, or to wait it out and hope he pays?

Any thoughts on what to do with the current items I have up for auction that he has bid on?

How much conversation have you had with him? I had a buyer reach out and ask about a book he really wanted, but he had a sale pending in a week or so that was going to fund the purchase of my book, among others. We messaged back and forth, and like me, he sells stuff he doesn't want/need to fund stuff he does. He didn't want to miss out on my item (it was a BIN and the only one on eBay), and he asked if I'd be willing to wait for payment until a set date a week later when his sale was final if he claimed the item now. I agreed, and on that date, he paid.

This sounds a little different, with the additional bids and such, but messaging a bit could go a long way to discovering what's behind it, and could potentially either lead to a new customer or uncover any red flags.

We have sent several messages. His first message was to wait for payment until the 4th day after the auction ended. Then a day after that he said he would not have money until he is paid on the 23rd of this month. If he knew he didnt have money to pay for the current books, why would he bid on even more books.   

Edited by frozentundraguy

On 12/13/2021 at 9:15 PM, frozentundraguy said:

We have sent several messages. His first message was to wait for payment until the 4th day after the auction ended. Then a day after that he said he would not have money until he is paid on the 23rd of this month. If he knew he didnt have money to pay for the current books, why would he bin on even more books.   

Yeah, that's a totally different situation. If it were me, I think I'd wait until the auctions ended and then deal with those and the other item. I only say that because I wouldn't want to cancel and then have them pull some shenanigans if they win the other auctions, knowing I canceled the first sale. Sorry that happened!

On 12/13/2021 at 9:18 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Yeah, that's a totally different situation. If it were me, I think I'd wait until the auctions ended and then deal with those and the other item. I only say that because I wouldn't want to cancel and then have them pull some shenanigans if they win the other auctions, knowing I canceled the first sale. Sorry that happened!

I added him to my blocked bidder list and then cancelled his bids on my other 3 items.  I did send him a polite message stating that was too long to wait and I was cancelling his order.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:39 PM, frozentundraguy said:

I added him to my blocked bidder list and then cancelled his bids on my other 3 items.  I did send him a polite message stating that was too long to wait and I was cancelling his order.

Probably the best call - I probably tend to be too lenient on some of the eBay stuff. I wish they'd go back to the days of a more equal playing ground, when you could leave negative feedback for buyers, it wasn't as easy to scam, etc.

On 12/13/2021 at 9:41 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Probably the best call - I probably tend to be too lenient on some of the eBay stuff. I wish they'd go back to the days of a more equal playing ground, when you could leave negative feedback for buyers, it wasn't as easy to scam, etc.

Thanks for chipping in with advice. I didn't like having to cancel his order, but I didn't want to be tied down until the 23rd, and then he still might not have paid. 

Ok so my question has probably been answered before in this thread but 174 pgs. to go thru 

How long after you buy something can you file a disput about what you received?

Here is why I bought a 9.6 CGC SS book and the seller sent me 4 autographed baseball pictures PSA DNA grade 10

have been in contact with him and he said he sent the wrong thing and has asked for me to send them back to him on what appears to be my dime.

He did say he would refund my mailing money and send the book I bought as soon as he got the pictures back.

So I am kinda concerned time will run out on a claim if I need to file one.

On 12/14/2021 at 9:09 AM, topcat54 said:

Ok so my question has probably been answered before in this thread but 174 pgs. to go thru 

Here is why I bought a 9.6 CGC SS book and the seller sent me 4 autographed baseball pictures PSA DNA grade 10

have been in contact with him and he said he sent the wrong thing and has asked for me to send them back to him on what appears to be my dime.

He did say he would refund my mailing money and send the book I bought as soon as he got the pictures back.

eBay's money-back guarantee is 30 days, but the seller is supposed to print/send (email) a return label for you.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:09 AM, topcat54 said:

On 12/14/2021 at 6:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

eBay's money-back guarantee is 30 days, but the seller is supposed to print/send (email) a return label for you.

I mean, if the seller is a long time eBayer and has a lot of feedback, it was probably just a mistake. I would assume, in good faith he would refund back from a Paypal payment? I could be wrong (shrug)

I thought the same thing too, once you start the return process within eBay, it generates a label on their dime.

On 12/14/2021 at 6:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have a 14-return policy and so do most people who sell a lot of CGC  and raw comics on eBay.  Even that is too high IMO.  7-days should be the norm.   I ship quick and I expect if there is a return I get my item back quick. 

On 12/14/2021 at 11:02 AM, BigLeagueCHEW said:

I mean, if the seller is a long time eBayer and has a lot of feedback, it was probably just a mistake. I would assume, in good faith he would refund back from a Paypal payment? I could be wrong (shrug)

I thought the same thing too, once you start the return process within eBay, it generates a label on their dime.

He just refunded me for shipping and he has 1501 feedback with 100% positive 

I did send his things back today with a tracking # now I hope he mails mine out asap

will post more when this ends

On 12/14/2021 at 12:26 PM, topcat54 said:

He just refunded me for shipping and he has 1501 feedback with 100% positive 

I did send his things back today with a tracking # now I hope he mails mine out asap

will post more when this ends

Awesome, glad it worked out

On 12/14/2021 at 7:10 PM, wombat said:

I saw this on ebay. What kind of label is this?

Image 1 - Frank Frazetta, Death Dealer 03/2007 Cover A CGC 9.2

It's a charity for autism  I think, it was posted about recently. 

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/9366/kulturecity-label/

Screenshot_20211214-191742_Samsung Internet.jpg