• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,124 posts in this topic

On 12/14/2021 at 7:18 PM, Bird said:

symbol looks very social media-y...perhaps a special event of some sort? (shrug) I got nothin' but speculation here.

See post above, it was for a charity, I gave the link and a screenshot 

On 12/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, frozentundraguy said:

Wondering how to deal with a buyer who wants me to wait 2 weeks for payment. This buyer had bought a book from me this summer and paid promptly.  In addition to the long wait he has made bids on several other books I currently have up for auction.

Is my best course of action to cancel the order and relist, or to wait it out and hope he pays?

Any thoughts on what to do with the current items I have up for auction that he has bid on?

I'd ask him about his intention with the other items he's bid on. Since he's been a customer before I'd cut him some slack, but tell him you weren't really prepared to wait for payment on several items. Sadly, in my experience ebayers who want more than just a few days to pay tend to be deadbeats who never end up paying, the opposite of on the boards when those who ask for time have always honored the purchase in my experience.

I was wondering if refunding a buyer now takes days with the advent of Managed Payments. I bought a cheap comic ($16) from some guy. After a week, he tells me that he no longer has it and that he'll refund me. It's been 5 days ... is this a legitimate amount of time now that Managed Payments is here?

On 12/15/2021 at 5:10 AM, Gaard said:

I was wondering if refunding a buyer now takes days with the advent of Managed Payments. I bought a cheap comic ($16) from some guy. After a week, he tells me that he no longer has it and that he'll refund me. It's been 5 days ... is this a legitimate amount of time now that Managed Payments is here?

That doesn't sound correct.

On 12/15/2021 at 5:10 AM, Gaard said:

No. A refund is as fast as a button click. Last week I refunded a buyer for overpayment of shipping. It took me maybe 15 seconds. I received notification from ebay at 8:04 it was being processed, and another at 8:13 that the buyer had been refunded. Two days ago, same scenario. It was being processed at 10:19 and the refund issued at 11:11. File for your refund through ebay. That will light a fire under his can.

On 12/15/2021 at 1:48 PM, Pontoon said:

No. A refund is as fast as a button click. Last week I refunded a buyer for overpayment of shipping. It took me maybe 15 seconds. I received notification from ebay at 8:04 it was being processed, and another at 8:13 that the buyer had been refunded. Two days ago, same scenario. It was being processed at 10:19 and the refund issued at 11:11. File for your refund through ebay. That will light a fire under his can.

Yep, you were right. I sent him a message asking where my refund was. Ten minutes later, I get an email from Paypal, "You've got a refund".

I had something new happen to me as a buyer a week or two back.  Curious if it's actually new, or just new to me.  I won two auctions from the same seller, within minutes of each other.  There was nothing in the listing about combined shipping, and I didn't ask in advance, so that's on me, and I have zero beef with the seller.  After winning I drafted a quick message asking about combined shipping, (I was very specific to add that I'd pay either way).  Ebay refused to send the message, saying that the seller had 'disallowed combined shipping'.  I looked back through the listing (and the sellers other listings) and no mention about this at all.  My beef here is that ebay knows there is no combined shipping, but is not telling you.  I'm only out $5.XX, so not going to spend much time on it, but this could lead to bad things on other listings.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:30 AM, littledoom said:

A buyer is messaging me about a defective DVD I sold. The DVD was purchased on Oct 15 and delivered Oct 22nd. I’m not sure it’s possible to send a partial refund thru eBay to get some of the fees back. It’s been so long 

Unless something has changed, when you select refund, it will give you the option to put in a partial amount and then refund that portion of fees back to you. Have done it in the past but they do change things up every once in a while. 

On 12/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, rexinnih said:

Unless something has changed, when you select refund, it will give you the option to put in a partial amount and then refund that portion of fees back to you. Have done it in the past but they do change things up every once in a while. 

yes, I'm very familiar with that but I can't even find a log back to 2+ months ago. don't items close after 30 days?

On 12/27/2021 at 11:02 PM, littledoom said:

yes, I'm very familiar with that but I can't even find a log back to 2+ months ago. don't items close after 30 days?

It’s 90 days now since I last checked. If you log in to your account on a desktop instead of the app, you can browse your history further back