• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,164 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2021 at 3:15 PM, Buzzetta said:

Shut down my eBay stores last night... yep both accounts.  Told my customers in advance that this was happening.  Apparently some did not believe me.   Told people that owed me money that if they did not pay by a certain time (three people) I was going to cancel their orders.  (You can do that if you message someone and invoice them by selecting the option "Cancel Order at Buyer's Request" regardless of whether or not they requested it and do not have to wait the time that eBay says you have to wait.). Of those three, one person still never responded and that item was sold and shipped out this morning.  The second person all of a sudden awoke from their slumber complaining.  They got nothing and I sold that item immediately to someone else at the same price.  The third person was a little more apologetic.  I relisted the item and he bought it immediately. 

I really cleaned a lot out of this house this year.  It's time after 30 years to take a break.   I remember selling comics to the teachers in my HS when they could not get a death of Superman issue. lol   It's been a while... time to take a break. 

I want to take a break also.. this can't be the life 

Edited by littledoom

It has been forever since I did an auction on eBay and now I remember why. Did a simple 7 day auction starting at 99 cents to get attention. Went way higher than it should have. Reason...... a brand new account with 0 feedback bid really high and won. Of course they have not paid and I don't even want them to at this point. How many days must pass before I can just relist it with a BIN?

On 1/3/2022 at 11:28 AM, Ride the Tiger said:

It has been forever since I did an auction on eBay and now I remember why. Did a simple 7 day auction starting at 99 cents to get attention. Went way higher than it should have. Reason...... a brand new account with 0 feedback bid really high and won. Of course they have not paid and I don't even want them to at this point. How many days must pass before I can just relist it with a BIN?

If they haven’t paid within 4 days you can cancel the win and relist if I remember correctly 

@Buzzetta seems like you've reached the end of your collecting journey!  Congrats on reaching the end of a long road  :)  
I'm putting the finishing touches on my collection as well.  Though there are new books I'm currently reading, soon I may be finished with collecting the back issues I'm interested in, as I will own them all :)  

On 1/19/2022 at 5:43 PM, HuddyBee said:

Would highly recommend not purchasing from this eBay user: benjly-15

It's partially on me considering he only had 1 feedback, but I purchased a fairly nice Jumbo Comics issue from him, and when it arrived it was found out to be missing 2 centerfolds. This isn't the main problem as often with golden age books people forget to count pages and page counts do tend to differ a lot. This has happened before and always the seller is apologetic and I get my money back in no time. The same cannot be said for Mr. Benjly

After initiating a return and waiting a couple days, I was eventually forced to message him. He finally responded by offering me a $15 partial refund. As if that would rectify the drop from a 5.0 to a 0.5. I quickly declined this and messaged him again telling him that I only want a full refund, considering a 0.5 has no place in my collection and he obviously lied about the book being complete. It's been 4 days since them and I've sent him multiple more messages and have gotten no response. So now I will just have to wait for eBay to step in until I can get my money back. The whole thing has just been beyond frustrating considering he still has my money and refuses to respond to anything. I will certainly relish evening out his 1 positive feedback with a very negative one. I can't imagine a 50% seller rating will go well with him.

Probably Dylan's new account.

Just had a weird one - I put in a last-second bid on a lot, and got the confirmation "congratulations, you're the high bidder" or whatever is says, and then it redirected to the ended auction page and the banner at the top said "you won this auction." A few seconds later, I got a push notification on my phone that says "Auction ended; got away." I checked, and sure enough, it said I was outbid.

I've gotten sniped plenty of times, but I've never seen it where it says I won the auction and then it changes after the fact. Anyone else?

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/22/2022 at 1:50 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Just had a weird one - I put in a last-second bid on a lot, and got the confirmation "congratulations, you're the high bidder" or whatever is says, and then it redirected to the ended auction page and the banner at the top said "you won this auction." A few seconds later, I got a push notification on my phone that says "Auction ended; got away." I checked, and sure enough, it said I was outbid.

I've gotten sniped plenty of times, but I've never seen it where it says I won the auction and then it changes after the fact. Anyone else?

Yes this happens.  Even here on the boards you can post a :takeit: and it appears you have the first one, then reload the page and there are others that show up before yours. 

It doesn't happen as often, but when it does , it sucks. 

On 1/22/2022 at 1:56 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yes this happens.  Even here on the boards you can post a :takeit: and it appears you have the first one, then reload the page and there are others that show up before yours. 

It doesn't happen as often, but when it does , it sucks. 

It definitely sucks! This one wasn't as big a deal for me, I kind of bid on a whim - but I've gotten sniped before on a few that really bummed me out. Still, it was a kick in the pants thinking I'd won and then seeing I didn't.

On 1/22/2022 at 2:36 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

It definitely sucks! This one wasn't as big a deal for me, I kind of bid on a whim - but I've gotten sniped before on a few that really bummed me out. Still, it was a kick in the pants thinking I'd won and then seeing I didn't.

I have also had the opposite happen. Where I see something last minute, think ok I will bid. I bid on it, it says I have been outbid. Get notification that the Item got away. Reload and it is in my purchases as won. 

On 1/22/2022 at 4:00 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have also had the opposite happen. Where I see something last minute, think ok I will bid. I bid on it, it says I have been outbid. Get notification that the Item got away. Reload and it is in my purchases as won. 

Same happened to me this past summer. Got the “Sorry, you missed out on this item” message only to see the “pay now” message later that day when I logged back in to check on another auction I was watching 

A recent response when I told an ebayer I wasn't interested in his lowball offer for an item I didn't even include a best offer option on:

I understand that nice book should check out the auction I go to he was selling on for only 650 and in better shape look him up on YouTube

What does that even mean?

On 1/26/2022 at 10:56 AM, rjpb said:

A recent response when I told an ebayer I wasn't interested in his lowball offer for an item I didn't even include a best offer option on:

I understand that nice book should check out the auction I go to he was selling on for only 650 and in better shape look him up on YouTube

Dunno, my response would be, F him, F YouTube and F you too

On 1/26/2022 at 12:56 PM, rjpb said:

I'll take a stab at it.

He says in response to your passing on his offer:

"I understand that. (It's a) nice book. Check out the (online) auction I go to. He (the fellow running the auction) was selling one (same book as yours) for only $650 and (it was) in better shape. Look him up on YouTube. (And you will see that your price is obviously out of wack and you should accept my lowball offer.)"

Parentheses are my words, attempting to fill in what he left out.

On 1/26/2022 at 1:17 PM, Pontoon said:

I'll take a stab at it.

"I understand that. (It's a) nice book. Check out the (online) auction I go to. He (the fellow running the auction) was selling one (same book as yours) for only $650 and (it was) in better shape. Look him up on YouTube. (And you will see that your price is obviously out of wack and you should accept my lowball offer.)"

Are you like...a wizard or something?

On 1/26/2022 at 10:17 AM, Pontoon said:

I'll take a stab at it.

I think you are probably right. Of course there is no clue as to who or what I should look up, and my guess is it's probably some youtube video from a couple years ago where someone was selling a copy.