• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,140 posts in this topic

So what’s the catch here? Eight or so slabbed DD #1s posted at once with a starting bid of $1. No BIN option, but BIN price listed in description. All pics have diff backgrounds. UK-based seller, but ships from Santa Monica. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1-cgc-6-0-First-Appearance-Of-Matt-Murdock-Karen-Paige-N-Foggy-/175134059709?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

5A7F467F-43AD-4D8F-8E51-70BC876DC5C5.thumb.png.9e59ff37edca7751b7152994dd463003.png

2FB2F743-9913-4BDF-934F-DA7704992DA9.png

Edited by alexanderjk

On 1/29/2022 at 12:00 PM, alexanderjk said:

So what’s the catch here? Eight or so slabbed DD #1s posted at once with a starting bid of $1. No BIN option, but BIN price listed in description. All pics have diff backgrounds. UK-based seller, but ships from Santa Monica. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Daredevil-1-cgc-6-0-First-Appearance-Of-Matt-Murdock-Karen-Paige-N-Foggy-/175134059709?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

5A7F467F-43AD-4D8F-8E51-70BC876DC5C5.thumb.png.9e59ff37edca7751b7152994dd463003.png

2FB2F743-9913-4BDF-934F-DA7704992DA9.png

It’s a scam to get you to “buy” it outside of eBay by contacting the seller. I see similar posts for rare audio equipment all the time and just report it. Done correctly, the auction disappears and the account is shut down

On 1/29/2022 at 11:42 AM, B2D327 said:

It’s a scam to get you to “buy” it outside of eBay by contacting the seller. I see similar posts for rare audio equipment all the time and just report it. Done correctly, the auction disappears and the account is shut down

You’re right. All of the listings disappeared within minutes of my post. Also remembered that a couple of the pics were from other auctions that I’d been following. 

On 1/29/2022 at 1:42 PM, B2D327 said:

I've seen several of these accounts lately, all using the same lifted pics/scans and the same language in the listing. Here's the latest one. I report them when I see them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-OF-SUSPENSE-39-Marvel-STAN-LEE-Signed-CGC-3-0-IRON-MAN-1st-Appearance-/294800004425?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Edited by october

On 2/6/2022 at 7:17 PM, october said:

I've seen several of these accounts lately, all using the same lifted pics/scans and the same language in the listing. Here's the latest one. I report them when I see them.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TALES-OF-SUSPENSE-39-Marvel-STAN-LEE-Signed-CGC-3-0-IRON-MAN-1st-Appearance-/294800004425?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Never seen anything like this. Over 17,000 listings all same format high dollar slabs. Look at second pic showing direct contact info. And the "offline" direct BIN price is listed in the description. Allot of the prices are actually not too unbelievably low. As I type this over 9000 listings have been pulled.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/bakclk1/m.html?item=154833335196&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

Edited by 70s80sTimeMachine

Does anybody have a quicker way to list individual comics on ebay? Ive been wanting to discuss this for a while..Id like to share what I do and get your feedback.

1. First a take a pile of books that are already separated by title and number, for example, 15 actions comics random #s, 15 batman etc.
  2. I have an master excel where I create a title | character count column for 80 characters | custom label (Batman 525) | and BIN price
  3. As I create the title I also do my grading, so its all in the same step.
  4. After Im done with 50-60 books, I take pictures | label the file the same as the custom label (Batman 525.jpg)
  5. I then crop and fix the images.
  6. Then I put them in new bags and boards and put them in an inventory location like Box #5, and add that to the custom label (Batman 525 Box#5), so I can find it when i make the sale.
  7. Last step now that everything is stored away, I list the books on ebay using the excel sheet for copy and paste into each ebay listing, one by one

The last step is the killer. Years ago, when I sold jewelry, I used to use Turbo Lister , but I keep hearing its not supported anymore. Can I just use it for listing? Im kind of scared to sync it with my store and screw something up.

Any other services or ideas?

Edited by cigars&comix

On 2/13/2022 at 5:32 AM, cigars&comix said:

Does anybody have a quicker way to list individual comics on ebay? Ive been wanting to discuss this for a while..Id like to share what I do and get your feedback.

1. First a take a pile of books that are already separated by title and number, for example, 15 actions comics random #s, 15 batman etc.
  2. I have an master excel where I create a title | character count column for 80 characters | custom label (Batman 525) | and BIN price
  3. As I create the title I also do my grading, so its all in the same step.
  4. After Im done with 50-60 books, I take pictures | label the file the same as the custom label (Batman 525.jpg)
  5. I then crop and fix the images.
  6. Then I put them in new bags and boards and put them in an inventory location like Box #5, and add that to the custom label (Batman 525 Box#5), so I can find it when i make the sale.
  7. Last step now that everything is stored away, I list the books on ebay using the excel sheet for copy and paste into each ebay listing, one by one

The last step is the killer. Years ago, when I sold jewelry, I used to use Turbo Lister , but I keep hearing its not supported anymore. Can I just use it for listing? Im kind of scared to sync it with my store and screw something up.

Any other services or ideas?

This is pretty much exactly my workflow when listing - I do look at sold comps and use the "sell one like this" function where appropriate to save a little time, but there's still cleanup involved to make sure the listing is unique. I've thought about trying to find a faster way, but I feel like this way cuts down on potential errors which can mean fewer headaches down the road.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/payment/2.0/terms.html

Fees are going up - varies region to region.

Ones I have noticed:

Store monthly fee, fixed fee per sale, % fee per sale, chargeback fee....

Many more.

Not great timing - but again, there is zero competition. If I want to reach the most buyers in Australia, there is no other format that comes close.

On 3/27/2022 at 4:57 PM, wombat said:

Ran across this gem on ebay. This is the pic they posted of the back of the comic. 

Image 2 - VAMPIRELLA #1 2001 1969 Reprint Harris Frank Frazetta RARE Magazine

Ultra rare blank backer board front Variant! Never open or read! 

sorry if this has been covered

did ebay make it so you can't snipe auctions anymore

when you enter a bid during the countdown it kicks you out of the bid screen if you sit on it too long without submitting the bid

when was this implemented?

Edited by StillOnly25Cents

On 4/1/2022 at 6:45 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

sorry if this has been covered

did ebay make it so you can't snipe auctions anymore

when you enter a bid during the countdown it kicks you out of the bid screen if you sit on it too long without submitting the bid

when was this implemented?

Always done that for me, so I don't click the button to bid until I figure timer is down enough.

Since 2016 at least I don't know if they've shortened it. After the beginning I plan the bid, know how long it might take and calculate that into when I click to snipe. (thumbsu

Unsure if this post is correct for the topic but...has anyone encountered this before?

Purchased an item from via Best Offer, paid promptly, received feedback, received purchased item in two days via UPS, and then seller cancels the listing THUS no record of the sale when filtering for sold.
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
In checking this weekend the seller (XXX,XXX feedback) does this with every CGC listing.

What could be a justifiable reason?
Also, does GPA capture these successful but 'ended' sales?

On 4/9/2022 at 10:17 AM, Troy Division said:

Unsure if this post is correct for the topic but...has anyone encountered this before?

Purchased an item from via Best Offer, paid promptly, received feedback, received purchased item in two days via UPS, and then seller cancels the listing THUS no record of the sale when filtering for sold.
"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."
In checking this weekend the seller (XXX,XXX feedback) does this with every CGC listing.

What could be a justifiable reason?
Also, does GPA capture these successful but 'ended' sales?

I wonder if it's a way to avoid fees? or try to avoid fees.  For a long time, if a bidder canceled more than a few bids, they would be sanctioned by eBay, they seem to have stopped that a few years ago. So I wonder if they don't have a mechanism to check if someone is avoiding fees.

Either that, or they have more of the same item and don't want people to know that best offer works.

In any case, I would call eBay and talk to someone, while it might be perfectly fine, eBay  should get a heads up so they can look into it.