• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

Quick question for my EBay peeps.  I don’t have combined shipping set up, but I just accepted 4 offers from the same buyer.   What’s the easiest way to give them the shipping discount?  Do I send a separate invoice with adjusted charges? Any help would be appreciated.  :foryou:

On 11/12/2022 at 6:08 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Quick question for my EBay peeps.  I don’t have combined shipping set up, but I just accepted 4 offers from the same buyer.   What’s the easiest way to give them the shipping discount?  Do I send a separate invoice with adjusted charges? Any help would be appreciated.  :foryou:

Good Morning! I'm assuming you have 4 separate invoices/receipts as they were Buy It Now's and not auctions so you'll have to manually issue a refund after they pay. If you haven't already shipped you can travel to "Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment' and locate the items in question. They will all appear as separate transactions there. Click on one of the down arrows to the left of the item title and select 'Send Refund' which will take you to the refund page (see below). Once you have determined the amount you wish to refund you'll input that amount into the 'Refund' field. The system will ask you for a reason and you should select 'Shipping Discount' and then proceed with the refund. It should be smooth sailing for you (thumbsu

Let me know if this best describes the situation for you or if I misunderstood.

image.png.3df3b73354e1d8168e3086b09bfaead6.png image.png.6fc352f64a377e03ddc4ac9c0d150c49.pngimage.png.0b3ea3e0555490bec961dc7a78053d49.png

On 11/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, Kramerica said:

Good Morning! I'm assuming you have 4 separate invoices/receipts as they were Buy It Now's and not auctions so you'll have to manually issue a refund after they pay. If you haven't already shipped you can travel to "Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment' and locate the items in question. They will all appear as separate transactions there. Click on one of the down arrows to the left of the item title and select 'Send Refund' which will take you to the refund page (see below). Once you have determined the amount you wish to refund you'll input that amount into the 'Refund' field. The system will ask you for a reason and you should select 'Shipping Discount' and then proceed with the refund. It should be smooth sailing for you (thumbsu

Let me know if this best describes the situation for you or if I misunderstood.

image.png.3df3b73354e1d8168e3086b09bfaead6.png image.png.6fc352f64a377e03ddc4ac9c0d150c49.pngimage.png.0b3ea3e0555490bec961dc7a78053d49.png

This is awesome, thank you.  I sent the buyer a message telling them I’ll refund shipping once the books ship, but I’ll go through the process you outlined.  Cheers :cheers:

Wanna walk me thru setting up combined shipping?:shy:

Edited by THE_BEYONDER

On 11/12/2022 at 6:49 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I added a question:shy:

oops! My apologies.

Firstly, note that the instructions will be incorrect if you refund AFTER shipping them as they will have moved out of "Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment' and into your "Manage Paid and Shipped" area. Same idea though.

Are these different Buy It Now listings? Or one item with multiple copies available?

I might be wrong (and they just changed the entire listing experience) but since these are individual Buy It Now listings you are unable to set up combined shipping charges. The reason being is that when a Buyer purchases a Buy It Now listing they must make payment immediately. Since the system won't know how many other Buy It Now listings they plan on purchasing after this it won't know what to charge them for shipping based upon future transactions that haven't been made yet. I hope that makes sense. It's early.....still on my first Cup O' Joe.

On 11/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, Kramerica said:

oops! My apologies.

Firstly, note that the instructions will be incorrect if you refund AFTER shipping them as they will have moved out of "Manage Orders Awaiting Shipment' and into your "Manage Paid and Shipped" area. Same idea though.

Are these different Buy It Now listings? Or one item with multiple copies available?

I might be wrong (and they just changed the entire listing experience) but since these are individual Buy It Now listings you are unable to set up combined shipping charges. The reason being is that when a Buyer purchases a Buy It Now listing they must make payment immediately. Since the system won't know how many other Buy It Now listings they plan on purchasing after this it won't know what to charge them for shipping based upon future transactions that haven't been made yet. I hope that makes sense. It's early.....still on my first Cup O' Joe.

Thanks for the clarification.  I won’t mess with my settings, and take your earlier approach to addressing it after. 
A649790F-5A74-4654-99A0-7740880C46BD.gif.5766e2430947a61a6eaf5f528402f6a9.gif

On 11/12/2022 at 7:15 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Thanks for the clarification.  I won’t mess with my settings, and take your earlier approach to addressing it after. 
A649790F-5A74-4654-99A0-7740880C46BD.gif.5766e2430947a61a6eaf5f528402f6a9.gif

Sounds good. This also will allow you to charge what you need to charge to get the carrier pigeon off the ground! Sometimes you might list .50 for each additional item but then realize that the next item is a TPB or GN and you don't charge enough.

Hey fellow sellers - just want to see if my assumption is correct about how this situation SHOULD play out. 
Sold a small lot of books to a guy which I shipped to him though eBay’s Global Shipping. Printed the label online per usual. 
Got email confirming it left Kentucky en route to the destination. 
Got email confirming it was delivered (it was to Canada BTW) 

Buyer messaged me that day saying he didn’t receive it. 
I asked him to check with neighbors, around his property, ask his postman, go to his PO with the tracking number… all the typical stuff. He claims after a few days he tried all of that and it’s just lost and can I just refund him.  

I told him to open a case for a missing item as that’s protocol and that absolutely he will get his money back, but my expectation is that eBay will reimburse him… and while they’ve put a hold on the funds, since they see the tracking and it was their program… they will eat it.  I shouldn’t need to escalate this, right?

On 11/15/2022 at 2:01 AM, fmaz said:

Hey fellow sellers - just want to see if my assumption is correct about how this situation SHOULD play out. 
Sold a small lot of books to a guy which I shipped to him though eBay’s Global Shipping. Printed the label online per usual. 

I asked him to check with neighbors, around his property, ask his postman, go to his PO with the tracking number… all the typical stuff. He claims after a few days he tried all of that and it’s just lost and can I just refund him.  

I told him to open a case for a missing item as that’s protocol and that absolutely he will get his money back, but my expectation is that eBay will reimburse him… and while they’ve put a hold on the funds, since they see the tracking and it was their program… they will eat it.  I shouldn’t need to escalate this, right?

If you sell through the GSP once your item makes it to Kentucky any problem that arises is no longer YOUR problem. You'll still have to wait for the case to resolve itself due to eBay's stupidity but you won't lose your case. 

On 11/15/2022 at 3:01 AM, fmaz said:

As mentioned , it’s on global shipping now.  You shouldn’t have to do anything further...

On 11/15/2022 at 3:43 PM, fmaz said:

It’s what I assumed, thanks.

Wasn’t a fan of the Global shipping program until a book arrived damaged.  Contacted the seller, and he contacted EBay.  Seller kept my money and EBay refunded my total purchase price & let me keep the book.:cloud9:

On 11/15/2022 at 3:48 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Wasn’t a fan of the Global shipping program until a book arrived damaged.  Contacted the seller, and he contacted EBay.  Seller kept my money and EBay refunded my total purchase price & let me keep the book.:cloud9:

I don’t love the charges ebay throws on the buyers … but as a seller, it’s nice to know I just get it to KY and don’t have to worry about it. Otherwise I don’t think I’d ship internationally.  I mean it’s one thing shipping internationally to folks here, who we know on some level… I’ve never had any issue doing that.  But in the earlier ebay days of international shipping I did have issues so yes I’m a GSP fan too.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:18 PM, Junkdrawer said:

Anyone else getting persistent messages from cgcmarvel on eBay? A seller from 2004 with no items listed for sale. The first message came last week and I kindly replied not interested. Another attempt today and all different books. Spidey senses tingling.

E5337E12-2D90-4FB6-BEE1-0DA314878E01.jpeg

53F15C77-029B-48B4-A622-0B818CAC3658.jpeg

That sounds more like a seller you've followed way back when, sending offers to his followers or watchers, that eBay allows, but sounds more like that than him singling you out?

On 11/15/2022 at 6:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That sounds more like a seller you've followed way back when, sending offers to his followers or watchers, that eBay allows, but sounds more like that than him singling you out?

I don’t follow this seller. Although I just now added them to my list to follow

On 11/15/2022 at 5:27 PM, Junkdrawer said:

I don’t follow this seller. Although I just now added them to my list to follow

It did sound a bit odd! I still would assume it's through ebay somehow rather than singling you out at random, as that would be creepy. Even when I haven't specifically clicked to watch a book, if I've looked at it, ebay or their sellers will still be able to send offers.

Past that idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM