• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

On 3/27/2023 at 6:54 PM, B2D327 said:

There’s a possibility that if you add all items to cart, eBay may automatically combine the shipping of all the items from the same seller. I’ve done this with sports cards and the discount shows before any payment is made. If not, I’ve sent a screenshot of the invoice to the seller to show them the error and they’ve always refunded me the difference. I think most sellers with substantial feedback will do the right thing to maintain their reputation 

I send a combined shipping refund even if the buyer buys items separately and doesn't even ask. Some buyers just seem to have trouble with the put it in a cart and ask for an invoice process, and I'm not sure why all the time.

One thing ebay won't let you do is combine an invoice if you have different shipping methods listed. So if you have a slab which you've listed as shipping priority and a raw book you've listed as standard shipping or some other method, the invoice can't be combined.

On 4/8/2023 at 2:56 PM, rjpb said:

Some buyers just seem to have trouble with the put it in a cart and ask for an invoice process, and I'm not sure why all the time.

The only issue I have with this is that putting it in the cart doesn't secure the item - so if you checkout to make sure you're the buyer, eBay will force payment. It would be nice if there were an in-between step on BIN listings like there are on auctions. For example, I've won multiple auctions from the same buyer, so I know I'm the winner and the item is mine, but I don't have to make payment until I get the revised invoice.

What the… when did eBay start charging $1 for every relisting? Is there a way to avoid this? Lost $3 so far. It’ll be $13 in 3 days time, unless all my books sell, which is unlikely.

IMG_9425.jpeg

On 4/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, Kerdese said:

What the… when did eBay start charging $1 for every relisting? Is there a way to avoid this? Lost $3 so far. It’ll be $13 in 3 days time, unless all my books sell, which is unlikely.

IMG_9425.jpeg

Looks like it's for 1-3 day auctions:

"Sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listing durations will be charged a $1 special duration feature fee per listing. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful."

On 4/11/2023 at 9:27 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Looks like it's for 1-3 day auctions:

"Sellers who choose 1- or 3-day auction-style listing durations will be charged a $1 special duration feature fee per listing. Charging this fee will help discourage the use of shorter durations where they are least successful."

Yeah, see, eBay is actually helping YOU out.

Heads up - ebay Australia is absolutely rooted AGAIN.

Stores get the worst of it again as combined postage, accept offers and messaging systems crash and burn.

Customer service have turned the phones off (I kid you not)

Sick of it - and when you do get through - no mea culpa, nothing.

Now I know why I sold nothing for the last 3 days.

They do not give a cane-toads slime-gland about store holders.

Where oh where is any competition for this shitty company

Online chat.

"Please report this via phone"

Now?

'Yes"

It says I cannot be connected.

"Yes, customer service do not operate on saturday or Sunday"

How can I call them?

"Call the number Sir"

But they are closed

"Correct"

I have reported it - to you Abdul?

"Abdul has left the chat................."

What a bunch of wankers

On 4/13/2023 at 1:45 PM, ThothAmon said:

IF I were the seller I’d be doubtful of payment. Thought I might be going to Sizzler with my 5.5. 

7E949777-18C8-420C-8AB1-9BBCB999068F.jpeg

A341A082-574B-4461-B029-8211EC6CFFDE.jpeg

Re-listed

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285245540540?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11011.m43.l1123&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=b48caaee5eb64dfaaa0c2e93f6a96432&bu=43198683262&osub=-1~1&crd=20230421055810&segname=11011

When a buyer does a search for a particular comic, how does ebay determine the order of listings shown in the list of results? I understand you can manipulate this order by choosing highest/lowest price, ending first, etc ... but I believe "BEST MATCH" is the default.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:54 AM, Stefan_W said:

Ebay really is like a ghost town right now. It kind of makes me miss the comic boom days.

It’s been really hit or miss.  One week it will be nothing and then the following week I’ll sell 30 books.  Could be when people get paid.

I bought from crown_point_toys getting some batman books.

the packaging was solid and the 19 books were wrapped secure, yet usps struck and a bunch of books got corner crunches. It really must have struck hard as I’m not sure how it happened with all the padding on the books.

anyway, we worked out a compromise.  I would totally buy from them again.

from what I gather reading online, they have a physical store in IN as well as their ebay store.

So what’s the consensus on this new International Shipping program that eBay is automatically signing every seller into?

From the puff email I received it actually does sound appealing to me…almost too good to be true. 

I immediately opted out for now because of the fact that 1) it’s eBay and 2) they’re auto-enrolling which makes me suspicious that it may not be as great as it sounds. 

I’d be interested to hear what your guy’s take on this is before signing back up for it. 

On 5/4/2023 at 2:52 PM, Number 6 said:

So what’s the consensus on this new International Shipping program that eBay is automatically signing every seller into?

From the puff email I received it actually does sound appealing to me…almost too good to be true. 

I immediately opted out for now because of the fact that 1) it’s eBay and 2) they’re auto-enrolling which makes me suspicious that it may not be as great as it sounds. 

I’d be interested to hear what your guy’s take on this is before signing back up for it. 

I've sold 3-4 things now to international buyers through the program. Honestly, I never even realize it's an international buyer until I go to print the label and see the funky coding on the address. The process is exactly the same as any other sale, and I ship them to an address in Illinois - from there, eBay handles the rest.

On 5/4/2023 at 1:22 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I've sold 3-4 things now to international buyers through the program. Honestly, I never even realize it's an international buyer until I go to print the label and see the funky coding on the address. The process is exactly the same as any other sale, and I ship them to an address in Illinois - from there, eBay handles the rest.

That was my initial reaction, that it just Global Shipping Program 2.0. 

I had considered signing up for GSP a couple years ago based on favorable remarks from sellers here. 

But then I talked to an eBay rep and asked if I would have to pay for round-trip shipping on an International return and she said “yes”. So that scared me off that. 

But now with this program they’re promising “no cost returns” for the seller. So it’s piqued my interest again.