• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,140 posts in this topic

It just seems like his goal was to run up the final price.

It's not the dollar amount, it's the principle. I may very well be wrong, but it just seems like this bidder's sole intention was to get me ta pay the max. IMO, that's BS. (shrug)

But you don't know, so it isn't the principle. You are assuming something.

It's not the dollar amount, it's the principle. I may very well be wrong, but it just seems like this bidder's sole intention was to get me ta pay the max. IMO, that's BS. (shrug)

Are you out of your mind? "Principle" lol

1 - Don't bid so high then.

2 - How is this the seller's fault?

3 - You had best run from any auction that you are competing with me on then. I have no problem trying to guess how my competition (because that is what you are) is bidding so I can gauge early on whether I want to outbid you at the close, whether I want to hit the BIN on another listing, or whether it is for another two reasons I will not publicly discuss that both benefit me in trying to secure the item I am looking for.

You kind of said it right there. No matter what the bidder's intentions were, the seller probably didn't have anything to do with it. So because of a random bidder, you're causing the seller to lose out on a sale. He can't control how people bid on his auctions.

When this mystery bidder put his last bid in, couldn't he see that my max was $44.41? And then he knows to stop bidding?

nope.

he'd see that you outbid him, and that the lot was now bid up to ___(whatever)___.

He wouldnt/couldnt know that the amount was the top of your bid.

When this mystery bidder put his last bid in, couldn't he see that my max was $44.41? And then he knows to stop bidding?

nope.

he'd see that you outbid him, and that the lot was now bid up to ___(whatever)___.

Not entirely true.

If he bid $44 then saw that the winning bidder was leading by 41¢ he knows what the top bid is and then has the option of outbidding the top bidder or walking away.

I have done this as recently as this past weekend. I bid a certain amount. Turned out I pushed the winning bidder to his max and then I walked away to hit the BIN on the same item from another seller. The BIN was cheaper than what the top bidder was willing to pay apparently. This meant the top bidder in the auction paid more than what I did for the other BIN listing. (This was an action figure).

nope.

Not entirely true.

If he bid $44 then saw that the winning bidder was leading by 41¢ he knows what the top bid is and then has the option of outbidding the top bidder or walking away.

I have done this as recently as this past weekend. I bid a certain amount. Turned out I pushed the winning bidder to his max and then I walked away to hit the BIN on the same item from another seller. The BIN was cheaper than what the top bidder was willing to pay apparently. This meant the top bidder in the auction paid more than what I did for the other BIN listing. (This was an action figure).

I used to bid that that all the time when I first started on eBay.

nope.

Not entirely true.

hm What if he ended up retracting his bid? That's happened to me more than a few times.

At minimum that should a requirement to post in this thread

All cards on the table

Post your eBayID along with your post

I requested my first cancellation this morning. Nothing to do with buyer's remorse (you don't get much of that when dealing with low-grade books), it just seemed like the bidding was a little on the suspicious side. As I said, this is my first time - do I have to do anything besides sending the buyer a (nice)email? (which I already did) Do I get some kind of notification?

ebay ID: mwarner8kma

I am not sure if this is the correct spot for this. Someone on Ebay is running a comic grab bag listing.

I know Ebay has rules against them.

This guy has been lucky to have not been busted yet. Plus he hasnt gotten a negative yet which is surprising to me . I checked his feedback and not one person has said of any good books by name , title or number . That to me right there says no one is getting any of the books he is showing .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POPULAR-Comic-Book-Lot-Grab-Bag-Check-Feedback-Surprises-With-Every-Purchase/182053602818?_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042&_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D36972%26meid%3D2397e4f6ec2741cea41dc0f9cbcbcc09%26pid%3D100033%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D121989046992

Go to report item, then choose listing practices , then other listing practices , then chance listings. Submit .

I made a mistake. I paid for a ebay buy it now with PP with creditcard as funds. Then realized it's a scam.

I already called CC company and they said they can't dispute charge until it's posted.

Should I talk to ebay or paypal next?

I ask this because they both work differently and once you file a case on one, the other tries to wash it's hands of the situation.

So...

Call ebay try to explain it's a scam?

File a return online through ebay? (seller offers this)

or

Call Paypal and try to explain it's a scam?

File a claim Online (not sure which one) through paypal?

I think the collector gods are trying to tell me something because I'm going through a whole other issue as a seller....

At least this one was my mistake.

The old saying wins again:

"If it's too good to be true, it's not."

Here's the item:

link

Thanks everyone.

Here's the item:

link

Zero-feedback seller in the Russian Federation, offering a high-value item for under $200. No red flags there! (Just messin' with you; sorry for the sucky situation and I hope you get your money back.)

Ok, made a sale on Sat, buyer paid today and I see that it is All Things Comics. I know that name has come up on the boards before but I can't remember if it was a for an Ebayer trying to scam a boardie.

Everything will be fine with the sale

They will take the comic they bought from you, trim the living sheet out of it, and offer it up at more money, and a higher grade.

Ok, made a sale on Sat, buyer paid today and I see that it is All Things Comics. I know that name has come up on the boards before but I can't remember if it was a for an Ebayer trying to scam a boardie.

Everything will be fine with the sale

They will take the comic they bought from you, trim the living sheet out of it, and offer it up at more money, and a higher grade.

Ha! They are in for rude awakening if that is their plan, its a .5 missing two wraps and the centerfold is loose.

Here's the item:

link

Zero-feedback seller in the Russian Federation, offering a high-value item for under $200. No red flags there! (Just messin' with you; sorry for the sucky situation and I hope you get your money back.)

Haha! I know.... I was too busy being greedy to notice.