• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
32 32

4,139 posts in this topic

Made my first international sale today (not comics) :cool:

It was a week of back and forth with the customer and then the sale. Let's hope it arrives safe in Australia :wishluck:

More work than usual for $10-13 profit.

Edited by FN-2199

Anyone else just get $25 from ebay to use in their shipping store?

That was unexpected and appreciated! I always have trouble finding boxes for off size (non-comic) things, so I bought 50 boxes (25 each of two smaller sizes) and after using my coupon it ended up costing me about $6. I could have gotten 50 of either one for free, but I wanted the variety so I had to go in my pocket a bit.

According to the message this will be a "quarterly" coupon... so... if that's the case? Thanks ebay!

Anyone else just get $25 from ebay to use in their shipping store?

That was unexpected and appreciated! I always have trouble finding boxes for off size (non-comic) things, so I bought 50 boxes (25 each of two smaller sizes) and after using my coupon it ended up costing me about $6. I could have gotten 50 of either one for free, but I wanted the variety so I had to go in my pocket a bit.

According to the message this will be a "quarterly" coupon... so... if that's the case? Thanks ebay!

I just received those emails, I thought it was awesome.

I have two stores, I got a $25 for one, and a $50 coupon for the other. I needed some larger boxes and almost bought some this week from uline, nice surprise this morning.

The old saying wins again:

"If it's too good to be true, it's not."

Here's the item:

link

Zero-feedback seller in the Russian Federation, offering a high-value item for under $200. No red flags there! (Just messin' with you; sorry for the sucky situation and I hope you get your money back.)

:facepalm:

Had someone make a Best Offer of $3 on a comic with free shipping :facepalm:

Did you have the Best Offer option listed? If so, I would expect people to make you an offer.

I had the Best Offer option, but why would I expect somebody to make an offer where I'd actually have a negative total sale after shipping, which is $3.45?

Did you have the Best Offer option listed? If so, I would expect people to make you an offer.

I had the Best Offer option, but why would I expect somebody to make an offer where I'd actually have a negative total sale after shipping, which is $3.45?

Why not? The better question is why would you not have auto decline setup for an offer that low.

Why not? The better question is why would you not have auto decline setup for an offer that low.

I like responding to all offers. The cha-ching notification on my phone makes me happy. lol

I like responding to all offers. The cha-ching notification on my phone makes me happy. lol

I had a shop owner basically tell me the same thing. Always complained about low ball offers and I told him to set to auto decline and he said he liked seeing all offers that came in.

Can't have it both ways. (shrug)

I had a shop owner basically tell me the same thing. Always complained about low ball offers and I told him to set to auto decline and he said he liked seeing all offers that came in.

Can't have it both ways. (shrug)

I've never had an offer that low on a book with free shipping.

I've had some problems with the duration of new listings. Whenever I set up a new item to sell, and then get down to the "Duration" dropbox, it ALWAYS switches to a 30 day listing. I'll change it to a 7 day, the little circle comes up like the page is loading, and then it jumps back to 30 days. I have to keep changing it up to ten or more times before it finally stays on 7 days. Has anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it?

I've had some problems with the duration of new listings. Whenever I set up a new item to sell, and then get down to the "Duration" dropbox, it ALWAYS switches to a 30 day listing. I'll change it to a 7 day, the little circle comes up like the page is loading, and then it jumps back to 30 days. I have to keep changing it up to ten or more times before it finally stays on 7 days. Has anybody else experienced this or know how to fix it?

i think it's a browser issue, i keep at it and after a few attempts it gets fixed

i think it's a browser issue, i keep at it and after a few attempts it gets fixed

Ah okay. I didn't know if I was the only one experiencing the issue. Thanks!

What are the advantages of using the "print label" option from ebay ... other than saving the 30 seconds it takes to write the address?

Discounted shipping price, automatically loads tracking information.

I can't prove it imerically, but I'm pretty sure when I switched to printing the shipping labels through eBay - as apposed to hand writing the address - my packages moved through the postal system a tad faster.