• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Finals: Dark Knight #1-4 vs Watchmen #1-12

84 posts in this topic

This one will Tug on the Soul for a bit might have to go reread them both - when is shilling, er I mean voting up? Kudos to Alex for taking the voting to PM.

Has is really been 20 years 893whatthe.gif man so thats what Pov, Hook and Burnt feel like. stooges.gif My impression is that I think DKR had more exposure, it was certainly hyped more, especially after the 2nd issue. The story and art on both are excellent, it truly is a juggle.gif

No it's not, just vote for DKR and be done with it. makepoint.gif

I'm almost certain FFB meant to say Watchmen just then jbud.

Remember Moore is more!!!! So don't vote for the upstart Miller. sumo.gif

Watchmen was BORING. Just in case you missed it the first time, I'll say it again -- Watchmen was BORING. sleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gif

DKR kicked serious butt and redefined a character that people STILL care about today. yay.gif

I totally agree. 893applaud-thumb.gif

ummm, you know Alex is not counting your vote if you are telling who you voted for, right??? makepoint.gif

Not a single person in this thread has said who he voted for. We're just each ripping one side apart, that's all. yay.gif

ummm, you know Alex is not counting your vote if you are telling who you voted for, right??? makepoint.gif

Not a single person in this thread has said who he voted for. We're just each ripping one side apart, that's all. yay.gif

Alex is only accepting PMs, anyway. So you can broadcast your vote, it makes no difference.

So who're you voting for, FFB? confused.gif

Alex is only accepting PMs, anyway. So you can broadcast your vote, it makes no difference.

So who're you voting for, FFB? confused.gif

Senator Vinick!!!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Dork Knight Returns

Duck Knight Returns

Dumb Knight Returns

Dark Overweight could find a way to fit it in contunuity Knight

We all know the better story

Watchmen #1-12

I am not voting, but if I did, I'd vote for the most influential book of the past 20 years. Here's a hint, it doesn't have more than 4 issues.

Not voting how un-democratic of you FD. Nice comback by Illy tonight great game. Finally cast my vote, tough choice felt like Charlie Sheen in Platoon.

Before I announce the winner, I would like to say thanks to everyone who enjoyed the contest. It has been a wild ride, and I hope you guys had fun. Now on to the good stuff:

The winner and grand champion, beating out 80+ other contestants:

Dark Knight #1-4

22 votes 67%

Watchmen #1-12

11 votes 33%

Its now over... acclaim.gif

Damn Miller shills. sumo.gifwink.gif

C'mon, Goldy! Get your dolls. We're outta here. smile.gif

Yeah, leave the heathens to their upstart false Gods - we'll set up our own contest where the winner is guaranteed from the outset. sumo.gif

It'll be totally different to this one. tongue.gifblush.gif

Damn Miller shills. sumo.gifwink.gif

C'mon, Goldy! Get your dolls. We're outta here. smile.gif

Yeah, leave the heathens to their upstart false Gods - we'll set up our own contest where the winner is guaranteed from the outset. sumo.gif

It'll be totally different to this one. tongue.gifblush.gif

Are you implying something Captain red pants? poke2.gif