• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WARNING, WARNING, posted by Best2u

4 posts in this topic

Centered covers a must

The first 15 covers of the Ghosts series are very difficult to find without some portion of the cover design cut off. I even think there may some cover that cannot be found complete. I just found the #5 cover in the ComicLink auction with a full cover. I had to pay a bunch for it but it's the first one I've seen. Check out my Ghosts collection in the Registry to see some other full covers and some almost full covers with just a bit of the design missing.

17357.jpg

See more journals by Best2u

What's up Best2u!

Hey thanks for posting a scan of this beautifully centered rarity!

I understand your OCD 100%! Like you, I'd rather wait for my opportunity to bid on that "perfect" to "near-perfect" looking copy, and when I see and KNOW a particular copy is the ONE that needs to be featured in my personal collection...till this day I have NOT been outbid!! Spending a little more for top-of-the-line aesthetic quality that is not accounted for in a book's overall CGC grade is WORTH it to me at the end of the day...after all...it's meant to be stared at right...? So why not invest in the BEST "possible" copy you can possibly afford!

On that note; You did GREAT! Congrats!!

This cover is reminiscent (and almost a direct depiction) of the biblical passage found in Revelation 6:8 (NIV):

"I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth."

Cool stuff! Happy Collecting bro!

-Professor Pecora