• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I AM A COMIC APPRECIATOR. PART 1 posted by Ronnylama

8 posts in this topic

IT is not Religion...It is COMICS

This has been a long time coming. My life has been changed by a large handful of books. Mad, Marvel, DC, Aircel, Comico, Eclipse, Warp (I loved the Elfquest books), First (that was a doozey)...Ther were more but I must further my mind now.

When I started submitting my books I realized my grading was VERY off. These were books I read and now I know better.

Between 1984 and 1988 I got extremely serious. I began buying multiples ( I still do to this day...but now it is VARIANTS). Some multiple books make me giggle and I know why...They were Infinite crossovers or Secret Wars crossovers.

My point being, I am a fan of COMICS.

Now, as I have matured, am more interested in undervalued books. DC is now my favorite unless a 9.8 Marvel pops up. I am so intrigued by DC books and the composition of the covers.

As for me, I will always stick with CGC to grade as this is a standard for which I can contain my CONTENT...I am so happy as well that they are getting NEW SLABS and CHEERS TO COLLECTING

17360.jpg

See more journals by Ronnylama

Nice post Ronny!!

What a pristine CGC 9.9 MINT book you have there! It's definitely a "creepy" cover! It reminds me of the ancient Mayan sacrifices atop their famous temples!

I am also very excited to see my books slabbed / re-holdered in the new CGC cases!

Yes brother - CHEERS TO COLLECTING!!

-Professor Pecora

Wow, a magazine almost 50 years old and in that condition. Nice!

Keep posting, I'll read.

James

Magazines are naturally easier to get higher grades than comic books. I got 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8 with Neal Adams' signatures.

What! They( magazines) are actually harder to find high grade examples.

Wow, a magazine almost 50 years old and in that condition. Nice!

Keep posting, I'll read.

James

Magazines are naturally easier to get higher grades than comic books. I got 9.4, 9.6 and 9.8 with Neal Adams' signatures.

What! They( magazines) are actually harder to find high grade examples.

Have to agree with Oakey here, in my experience finding good quality magazines is extremely difficult