• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
11 11

2,178 posts in this topic

Ezra Miller As The Flash: How The Origin Of Barry Can Be Different From 'The Flash' CW Series

http://images-cdn.moviepilot.com/images/c_limit,h_1180,w_640/t_mp_quality/hecwxdcqdulekvsw7jhn/ezra-miller-as-the-flash-how-the-origin-of-barry-can-be-different-from-the-flash-cw-ser-865040.jpg

Back in the 20th century, Barry's origin was simple. He had a normal childhood with two ordinary parents and naturally became a forensic scientist.

All of that changed when Geoff Johns wrote The Flash: Rebirth in which Eobard Thawne/Reverse-Flash travelled back in time to murder Nora Allen (Barry's mother) and frame Henry Allen (Barry's father). This was what the TV show has used for the story of Barry Allen. Johns then wrote Flashpoint, to illustrate the butterfly effect, in which Barry's mother had to die in order for Barry to become The Flash and the world to stay normal.

A More Mysterious Death Of Barry's Mother

Nora and Henry Allen had a tough relationship in the most recent origin story. Unlike John Wesley-Shipp's Henry Allen, the comic book version was full of anger. The two are on the verge of divorce. One afternoon, Barry's parents tell him to go to the comic shop and when Barry comes home his mother has been murdered. The rocky relationship between Nora and Henry made it seem possible that Barry's father actually murdered Nora.

Barry Allen never believed his father committed the crime, and just like in the show, his motivation of being a forensic scientist was showing his father was innocent.

Independently Becoming The Flash

Without Harrison Wells, Cisco, and Caitlin, Barry would experiment with his powers on his own — which is fine by me. The Flash film would be his time to shine and he does not need as many supporting characters as he does on the show.

When he fails, he learns from his mistakes. He makes it up as he goes along. He has fun in the process of doing it. The red suit, the gold wings, and the lightning bolt symbol are all his own ideas. He is the hero and chooses his own path.

zzVKubr.png

Deborah Snyder Hints At 'Cyborg' Appearing In THE FLASH

Batman v Superman has had both fans and critics questioning if the rest of the DC Film Universe would have the same dark tone. In a recent interview with Forbes, producer Deborah Snyder spoke about the introduction of a more lighthearted tone and levity with certain characters like the Flash (Ezra Miller) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher). Snyder also hinted at the relationship between the two heroes and how that might lead them to pop up in each other's standalone films. "As you can imagine, when we get to the Flash movie, Ezra Miller and Ray Fisher — who plays Cyborg — are kind of our youngest characters, and they have a really nice comradery with each other. Ezra is super funny, so the tone of that film will be very different than the rest of them."

meh.

Double meh.

I love the Grant Gustin Flash. But even he sounds open to the movie version.

Grant Gustin’s Reaction To ‘The Flash’ Movie Starring Ezra Miller Is Very Barry Allen

8EKLnJB.png

I thought it was very cool on his part, and demonstrates once again why he stands out in this role.

:whee:

One should've been Barry Allen, the other Wally West. Problem solved. Four Flashes and they have to pick the same one for both film and TV... ;)

Or a modern interpretation of Jay Garrick! :cloud9:

One should've been Barry Allen, the other Wally West. Problem solved. Four Flashes and they have to pick the same one for both film and TV... ;)

Or a modern interpretation of Jay Garrick! :cloud9:

I like this idea. Cuts down on the confusion.

For better or worse, DC has already given themselves the ultimate out by establishing the Multiverse in the Flash the last two seasons. As they just showed in the Supergirl crossover, all these characters are part of the DC universe, just not the same Earth. So in my mind BvS can be considered all part of the family. Not saying I like it, but that is what you have.

RUMOR: Are These The 5 Supporting Characters Currently Being Cast For THE FLASH Movie?

Heroic Hollywood reckons a casting call they've got a look at reveals who we'll see backing up/taking down Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) in the Scarlet Speedster's 2018 solo outing.

IRIS WEST: Iris West is described in the breakdown as having Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at The Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part.

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

FRED CHYRE: Fred Chyre is described in the breakdown as a gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories

LEN SNART: Len Snart is described in the breakdown as being ex-military and turns out to be working for Thawne. Have a feeling he is the muscle the way Anatoli Knyazev (aka the KGBEAST) was the muscle for Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

JAY GARRICK: Jay Garrick is described in the breakdown as being a former Central University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the speed force program. Supposedly his role is just a cameo.

No way. Would they go with the very same characters from the CW show? Though it is tough to deviate when The Flash has a certain legend and lore to him.

Hmm, I don't know...seems kind of moot to try to get people to care about different versions of the same characters they were just recently introduced to. Why didn't they use Wally instead of Barry? Would've at least given a different perspective (shrug)

RUMOR: Are These The 5 Supporting Characters Currently Being Cast For THE FLASH Movie?

Heroic Hollywood reckons a casting call they've got a look at reveals who we'll see backing up/taking down Barry Allen (Ezra Miller) in the Scarlet Speedster's 2018 solo outing.

IRIS WEST: Iris West is described in the breakdown as having Christiane Amanpour’s brains and Carrie Bradshaw’s style. An overcaffinated doe. A reporter at The Central City Citizen. Actresses are currently testing for this part.

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

FRED CHYRE: Fred Chyre is described in the breakdown as a gruff detective who first meets Barry at the scene of a crime. Now they’re colleagues and the closest thing Barry has to a friend. Chryre is investigating the unusual death of someone at Thawne Laboratories

LEN SNART: Len Snart is described in the breakdown as being ex-military and turns out to be working for Thawne. Have a feeling he is the muscle the way Anatoli Knyazev (aka the KGBEAST) was the muscle for Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

JAY GARRICK: Jay Garrick is described in the breakdown as being a former Central University professor who was fired for fringe science, and was working on the speed force program. Supposedly his role is just a cameo.

No way. Would they go with the very same characters from the CW show? Though it is tough to deviate when The Flash has a certain legend and lore to him.

I'm hoping they won't use the same villains from the show. That way it would give us some variation and introduce some new characters.

Hmm, I don't know...seems kind of moot to try to get people to care about different versions of the same characters they were just recently introduced to. Why didn't they use Wally instead of Barry? Would've at least given a different perspective (shrug)

This is exactly why I'm not even sure I'll watch this movie, and why I don't watch any of the DC shows anymore. I think Marvel has spoiled me, which might be my fault, but it's the truth.

I think it'll be fine.

After all, we saw two versions of Quicksilver come out in movies in back-to-back years; not to mention Kitty Pryde played by three different actresses in X-Men, X2, and X3.

That said, I'd be pissed right now if Marvel decided to recast Daredevil for a movie instead of using Charlie Cox.

I think it'll be fine.

After all, we saw two versions of Quicksilver come out in movies in back-to-back years; not to mention Kitty Pryde played by three different actresses in X-Men, X2, and X3.

That said, I'd be pissed right now if Marvel decided to recast Daredevil for a movie instead of using Charlie Cox.

I think the last part is the key.

Right now they have a pretty popular Barry Allen Flash doing very well on TV. To do the same character (when they have other options) on the big screen with a different actor, and when his BvS debut wasn't exactly stellar.... and many very real fans don't trust DC movies now while simultaneously loving most DC tv....

I think we can see why many many people might have some questions.