• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
11 11

2,178 posts in this topic

I like the TV cast from the Flash with the exception of Iris. I'm sure why they went with Ezra...

I must admit I've been on the Iris hate train since the beginning but she's come along way since then and I can stand her in episodes now. Maybe Eddie being gone has helped.

I like the TV cast from the Flash with the exception of Iris. I'm sure why they went with Ezra...

I must admit I've been on the Iris hate train since the beginning but she's come along way since then and I can stand her in episodes now. Maybe Eddie being gone has helped.

Hasn't she appeared less as well?

hm

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

So the plot to the movie is going to be directly copied pretty much from the TV show. Thawne pretending he is in a wheelchair.

doh!

EOBARD THAWNE: Eobard Thawne is described in the breakdown as Central City’s Bill Gates. The smartest man in the room and he suffers from advanced degenerative disease like Stephen Hawking. Thawne is confined to a chair.

So the plot to the movie is going to be directly copied pretty much from the TV show. Thawne pretending he is in a wheelchair.

doh!

:facepalm:

Uhhh-ohhhhh.

Director Seth Grahame-Smith Exits The Flash Movie

The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Seth Grahame-Smith is no longer make his directorial debut with Warner Brothers' feature film adaptation of The Flash, which will star Ezra Miller (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) as the Scarlet Speedster.

THR has learned that Grahame-Smith, the author and screenwriter of Pride & Prejudice & Zombies and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, is walking away from the project due to "creative differences."

Differences = This thing has major suckage written all over it, i'm OUT

Now that Will Ferrell backed out of the comedy movie where they make fun of Alzheimer's stricken RR, maybe he's available to direct.

Edited by krighton

Well, the article did note they liked his -script but likely wanted a more experienced director:

"Warner Bros. isn’t eager to take a big risk in the wake of fan backlash to Zack Snyder‘s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Well, the article did note they liked his -script but likely wanted a more experienced director:

"Warner Bros. isn’t eager to take a big risk in the wake of fan backlash to Zack Snyder‘s “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"

Umm..

WB "will retain" the -script Grahame-Smith penned, which is based on a treatment written by Phil Lord and Christopher Miller (The Lego Movie, 21 Jump Street).

They will retain what he provided which was an edit of someone else's draft. And there was no mention of Warner Bros. not wanting to take a risk after BvS.

Umm..

:baiting:

I'm starting to get a Trank FF vibe over this.

I'm not getting that feeling. Not yet anyway. It would require a director assigned to the movie for that feeling.

:insane:

But I do think DC/Warner is tripping itself up with a popular TV show character that is now going to be in the movies - but it is the same exact character with a different actor.

As has been pointed out a few times, they could have gone with Wally West. But then again, the TV show has that covered as well.

:ohnoez:

No, It's the same as FF as with both movies you have a director and studio with apparently large creative differences. In this case the director left, but both instances show a directors hands likely tied.

Very good point. Sorry - I missed that.

:foryou:

Ezra Miller Batman Vs. Superman Flash Revealed

sFJSuuD.jpg

Images revealing a close look at Ezra Miller as The Flash from Batman Vs. Superman have hit the net. A user on reddit posted pics.

The scene featured what is thought to have been either an alternate universe Flash or a Flash from the future (or both) reaching out to Bruce Wayne to warn and tell him to form the Justice League.

"Bruce! Listen to me now! It's Lois! Lois Lane! She's the key! Am I too soon?! I'm too soon! You were right about him! You've always been right about him! Fear him! Find us bruce! You have to find us!"

The Flash costume used in the scene seems to resemble The Flash from Injustice: Gods Among Us. Maybe Elseworlds, as well.

Differences = This thing has major suckage written all over it, i'm OUT.

This. With the Scarlett letter Trank has wrapped around his neck following FF, no up-and-coming director wants to direct any project that can stunt his career. I get the sense that these JLA spin-off films are all revisionist histories of the characters. maybe Wonder Woman will prove me wrong.

Is DOPE Director Rick Famuyiwa Interested In Helming A DCEU Film?

Rick.jpg

Dope took Sundance by a storm last year. The crime dramedy, following the adventures of Inglewood high schoolers, put Shameik Moore and director Rick Famuyiwa in the limelight. Not long after, it was rumored that Famuyiwa was meeting with Marvel Studios to discuss helming Black Panther. Now, it seems the director has his sights set on DC Films.

Late last year, Famuyiwa was set to write and direct a Greatest American Hero remake for Phil Lord and Chris Miller at FOX, where the pair are building an budding television empire (The Last Man on Earth, Son of Zorn). Lord and Miller are still producers on The Flash and wrote the story from which Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the screenplay. Many were puzzled when Grahame-Smith, a first time filmmaker, was initially selected for the project. It's not much of a stretch to suggest that Lord and Miller made the choice after their collaboration on the The Lego Batman Movie. It is unclear what the status of the Greatest American Hero pilot is, but maybe this collaboration has opened the Flash door for Famuyiwa.

In any case, Famuyiwa's energetic direction and pop sensibilities could be just what the Flash needs. Of the announced DC projects, this one will likely feature the youngest cast, led by Ezra Miller and perhaps will include an appearance from Ray Fisher (Cyborg).

DOPE Director Rick Famuyiwa To Helm The Flash Movie

Warner Bros. has chosen Rick Famuyiwa to direct The Flash movie, starring Ezra Miller (Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice) as The Fastest Man Alive.

"Warner Bros is looking for the right chemical mix on its superhero picture line based on the DC Comics heroes, and the feeling internally was that Famuyiwa provided a vision that would resonate with young viewers and that vision was very compatible with the -script that the studio is moving toward the start gate with," reports Deadline. "That vision was executed to strong reviews in Dope, the 2015 film about a young geek trying to survive in a tough Los Angeles neighborhood."