• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

Can they just reboot this?

Drop Ezra and bring Grant

I support this wholeheartedly.

I really don't know how clean a break they can make it between the TV show and movie having two Barry Allens across the DC Multiverse. Even if they are played different (one more basic in costume and skills; the other more hi-tech).

As a TV Flash fan, I have to say this disappoints me so much. While Grant could be a bit bigger to be the Flash, he is a great match for the character.

I just can't see this new guy capturing the role of Barry Allen.

And the suit is horrendous. Please do not screw this movie up DC.

NVRXUoB.jpg

lol, I'll concede it MAY be a helmet. :)

But nobody doubts that's a moustache, with accompanying soul patch AND long flowy hair behind his head.....unless that's all supposed to be some sort of hipster time technology.

Don't forget the man-bun in the leaked Luthor-file convenience store footage. Maybe he uses the man-bun to accelerate fast enough to break the dimensional barrier....it could be a tachyon-bun....and the moustache helps steer or navigate like a rudder.

Looks like Ax is leaving the team...

Hey now! My frustration is born out of love for these characters. I can't imagine you want Ezra to take a huge dump on all our childhoods (to quote those irritated folks that are hating on the all-female Ghostbusters reboot).

I'm DC until I push up dirt.....but I can have a reaction to what I perceive as a baaaaaaaad move on their direction, design and vision for these iconic characters.

I still can't see how they can get it sooooooo right in television land....(not 1x, but 2x if you include JWS) and then slap the collective faces of every Flash fan on the planet with their horrendous choice for the cinematic universe.

How come practically everyone they have to choose for a role in these flicks is a shock or surprise that causes tremendous controversy? I liked Gadot in BvS, and I actually liked Affleck......but how much did they stir up the pot when announced? Why not go with the obvious choice so folks are PUMPED instead of outraged? Look at Eisenberg.....what a disaster.

So still on team DC, but a bit gun shy and intellectually injured by their constant pistol whipping of fans.

Looks like Ax is leaving the team...

Hey now! My frustration is born out of love for these characters. I can't imagine you want Ezra to take a huge dump on all our childhoods (to quote those irritated folks that are hating on the all-female Ghostbusters reboot).

I'm DC until I push up dirt.....but I can have a reaction to what I perceive as a baaaaaaaad move on their direction, design and vision for these iconic characters.

I still can't see how they can get it sooooooo right in television land....(not 1x, but 2x if you include JWS) and then slap the collective faces of every Flash fan on the planet with their horrendous choice for the cinematic universe.

How come practically everyone they have to choose for a role in these flicks is a shock or surprise that causes tremendous controversy? I liked Gadot in BvS, and I actually liked Affleck......but how much did they stir up the pot when announced? Why not go with the obvious choice so folks are PUMPED instead of outraged? Look at Eisenberg.....what a disaster.

So still on team DC, but a bit gun shy and intellectually injured by their constant pistol whipping of fans.

Just joshing with you :)

You make a very good point and to some degree, I'd agree with you. DC have a popular TV Flash, based on the much-loved "regular" Barry Allen... and they've chosen an "alternative" version for the movies. Curious 11.gif Thinking logically, DC must have realised from an early stage how difficult - and expensive - it would be to tie in their TV series with the movies. Hence Barry Alternative. We may not like him, but in the same way we gave Batfleck a chance, we should give this guy a chance. If he sucks, then so be it... and I'll kiss goodbye to ever seeing that Shazam movie ;)

Going back to Batfleck, at the time, that was a surprising choice and polarised many. Gal Gadot however, I never could see the surprise. To me, she was a good choice. We were never going to get a 6ft, robust looking, stereotypical Amazonian. C'mon, Xena is SO 90s :/

...I can't imagine you want Ezra to take a huge dump on all our childhoods...

I can't imagine I would lol

That did make me laugh (thumbs u

But you never know, he might be an ok Flash (even if not quite as good as the TV Flash) ... ;)

NVRXUoB.jpg

lol, I'll concede it MAY be a helmet. :)

That is definitely a helmet. And I'm surprised no one's made a joke about Ezra's helmet yet. You guys are slacking (tsk)

Y'all remember the Michael Keaton Batman hate, right?

Or the Heath Ledger Joker hate?

Or, you know...the Batfleck hate?

Why don't we give DC the benefit of the doubt before pre-judging a movie that hasn't even started shooting yet?

If anything, the success of the TV version of The Flash should instill confidence that the Powers That Be understand the character and why the TV show works -- so they can make a worthy cinema version.

Why don't we give DC the benefit of the doubt before pre-judging a movie that hasn't even started shooting yet?

If anything, the success of the TV version of The Flash should instill confidence that the Powers That Be understand the character and why the TV show works -- so they can make a worthy cinema version.

that's not how it works here. Plenty of DC bashers no matter what is done. Nothing DC will do will succeed based on the standard that Marvel has set.

I can separate the two but it seems the rest cannot.

I can hear them now

ALL HAIL MARVEL!

Sound advice.

that's not how it works here. Plenty of DC bashers no matter what is done. Nothing DC will do will succeed based on the standard that Marvel has set.

I can separate the two but it seems the rest cannot.

I can hear them now

ALL HAIL MARVEL!

A very good point.

hm

There's something here... Can't. Quite. Put. Finger. On. It. ;)

Nice little warmup before the film.

Rick Famuyiwa Just Directed The Fastest Man Alive And It Wasn't THE FLASH

In a new Gatorade commercial for the upcoming 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio, the sports drink company hired Rick Famuyiwa to direct the likes of Paul George, Serena Williams and Usain Bolt - universally recognized as the fastest man alive for a new spot promoting the gold medal hopefuls ahead of the start of the competition.

HBsk9ay.png

‘The Flash’ director Rick Famuyiwa has his top pick for the female lead

The Flash director Rick Famuyiwa is looking to reunite with an actress he worked with on his critically acclaimed movie, Dope.

According to Variety, Kiersey Clemons is Famuyiwa’s top pick to play Iris West, the tough-as-nails journalist and friend of Barry Allen, the alter ego of the Flash.

Clemons got her big break working with Famuyiwa on Dope, and recently appeared in Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising as well.

Who's laughing now?

:baiting:

DOPE Star Kiersey Clemons Joins THE FLASH As Iris West

dope-zoe.jpg

Even though the release date may be in flux, Rick Famuyiwa's next directorial venture The Flash is starting to come together and they've just added a major piece to star opposite Ezra Miller's Scarlet Speedster in the high-speed DC feature.

Following their earlier report, Variety has now confirmed that Kiersey Clemons (Dope) has officially joined the film as the female lead, Iris West, who's currently being described as a tough-as-nails journalist and friend of Barry Allen's. As fans of the comics know, West is also the primary love interest and eventual wife of Mr. Allen, so it's more probable than not that the movie will follow that same route.

Production is expected to kick off late this year, probably not long after Miller completes his work on the Zack Snyder-directed Justice League.