• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, RickSp said:

An uncanny resemblance!

It's quite funny when actual comic writers/creators call out stuff like this. It would seem almost courteous to let them know if a film is going to be using their ideas, particularly as they all work for the same company...

I'm sure they'll get paid by Warner Bros., however.

Even if you take the Bleeding Cool article from last month with a massive grain of salt, it seems Warner Bros. pays creators orders of magnitude more than Disney for using their characters.

The article cites Todd McFarlane stating he got paid "twice as much" for the appearance of Artemis Crock (a minor character from his Infinity. Inc. run) in the Stargirl TV show than he did for Venom appearing in his own titular film.

Ditto with Jim Starlin saying he got paid more for the KGBeast's cameo appearance in BvS than he did for all of Thanos's appearances in the MCU.

18 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Even if you take the Bleeding Cool article from last month with a massive grain of salt, it seems Warner Bros. pays creators orders of magnitude more than Disney for using their characters.

The article cites Todd McFarlane stating he got paid "twice as much" for the appearance of Artemis Crock (a minor character from his Infinity. Inc. run) in the Stargirl TV show than he did for Venom appearing in his own titular film.

Ditto with Jim Starlin saying he got paid more for the KGBeast's cameo appearance in BvS than he did for all of Thanos's appearances in the MCU.

Sorry. Could you say that a little louder for the fanatical deaf in the back with fingers jammed in their ears?

finger_in-ears.gif.acfcf7a2f3b4d873adb062071605d177.gif

Edited by Bosco685

More specifically, here's Starlin's 2017 Facebook post on the subject, in which he notes he was paid "more" for KGBeast's minor role in BvS than he was for his creating Thanos, Drax and Gamora combined (at least to that point). https://www.facebook.com/jim.starlin.94/posts/1558674220814277?pnref=story

I spoke to him at a convention in late 2018 and he mentioned the lack of (financial) appreciation re. Thanos in particular.

56 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

More specifically, here's Starlin's 2017 Facebook post on the subject, in which he notes he was paid "more" for KGBeast's minor role in BvS than he was for his creating Thanos, Drax and Gamora combined (at least to that point). https://www.facebook.com/jim.starlin.94/posts/1558674220814277?pnref=story

I spoke to him at a convention in late 2018 and he mentioned the lack of (financial) appreciation re. Thanos in particular.

As big as that character became for the MCU, you would think that would be the one as a chalice on the mount how Disney/Marvel Studios shows financial appreciation to their creators.

But at least they can inserted in the credits. That will get them a cup of coffee or two.

16 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Yeah, I read about this kinda stuff more recently. Couldn't believe it.

More royalties from Alexander Luthor's goon than from the ultimate bad of the Infinity Saga.