• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

Huge Flash fan, but don't like how he's portrayed thus far on the big screen. Neither the writing nor the actor benefits the Character.   As for TV right from the first appearance on Arrow I knew Barry/Flash portrayal was being done right.

I just don't see what many (most?) consider a lesser Flash portray having any success in Film with the writers and actor currently attached.  "I've just pushed some people and run away" seriously is that camp drivel people want to spend their hard earned money on to see in in a Superhero Motion Picture?  Doubtful that it is. IMHO Warner should have cut bait years ago!

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/14/2022 at 10:35 AM, MAR1979 said:

Huge Flash fan, but don't like how he's portrayed thus far on the big screen. Neither the writing nor the actor benefits the Character.   As for TV right from the first appearance on Arrow I knew Barry/Flash portrayal was pretty much spot on. 

I just don't see what many (most?) consider a lesser Flash having any success in Film with the writers and actor currently attached.  "I've just pushed some people and run away" seriously is that camp drivel what any people want in a Flash Motion Picture?  IMHO Warner should have cut bait years ago. 

Is that in Josstice League?

Seriously that type of banal shtick normally reserved for a loser minor character is going to carry a Superhero Motion Picture??? Especially given there is an excellent portrayal of the Character on TV....

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/14/2022 at 10:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It is. While Batman's response is great, it basically s**ts on The Flash to make Batman look good, which I don't like.

That line was completely avoided in Zack Snyder's Justice League as he was never meant to state it. But I agree with you - Batman acting as his mentor giving him a goal to get started.

But it was a Josstice League insert to bring 'MCU humor' like that fine Scarlett Johansson joke.

caitlinburles08.thumb.PNG.227640e546f9f7233f2805d5d4c002b2.PNG

On 3/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, MAR1979 said:

Seriously that type of banal shtick normally reserved for minor characters is going to carry a Superhero Motion Picture??? Especially given there is an excellent portrayal of the Character on TV....

Welcome to Josstice League (2017). Did you get a chance to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League?

On 3/14/2022 at 10:45 AM, MAR1979 said:

Seriously that type of banal shtick normally reserved for a loser minor character is going to carry a Superhero Motion Picture??? Especially given there is an excellent portrayal of the Character on TV....

That scene is not in ZSJL, FYI. ZSJL is the definitive film.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Bosco685 said:

Welcome to Josstice League (2017). Did you get a chance to watch Zack Snyder's Justice League?

Not as of yet.  The character on film with those currently attached is seen as a loser by gen pop and not in Peter Parker type of way.  At this point not even Tom Holland could save The Flash on film as he's currently written.  Again Warner should have cut bait half a decade ago.

Edited by MAR1979

On 3/14/2022 at 10:51 AM, MAR1979 said:

No as of yet.  The character on film with those currently attached is seen a loser by gen pop.  At this point not even Tom Holland could save the character on film as he's currently written.  Again Warner should have cut bait half a decade ago.

Unfortunately you are missing out then on great Cyborg and The Flash portrayals due to WB tampering. Give it a try.

On 3/14/2022 at 10:53 AM, Bosco685 said:

Unfortunately you are missing out then on great Cyborg and The Flash portrayals due to WB tampering. Give it a try.

Will do.  I already have the UHD "set", finding the hours to watch it is not so simple...

Edited by MAR1979

well, now thew couple who Miller was staying with in Hawai'i (they met there and offered him a place to stay apparently) have kicked him out and filed a restraining order against him after he was threatening them in their home

I am much more a Marvel guy but I like him as Flash very much. I hope he gets his act together, assuming it is in fact not together.

recent comic movies i "just said no" to:  dark phoenix, new mutants, birds of prey, venom 2 and the suicide squad.   neither theater nor t.v. viewing.

morbius and flash likely to join their ranks, unless the reviews really surprise me.