• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 5/18/2022 at 7:48 PM, Pitboss said:

this is about the old arrest, not sure why it is a story today but it is not a new arrest

The way the studio sees it, “The Flash” is more than a standard superhero origin story. The movie, which begins as Barry Allen travels back in time to prevent his mother’s murder, cracks open the DC multiverse, paving way for Batmans from alternate realities (namely, Keaton and Affleck) to overlap with Miller’s Spandex-clad hero. Just think of the potential sequels, spinoffs and team-ups that could inspire.

I still don't like the new suit. I don't really have an attachment to the JL one, but this is not an improvement, cowl and texture-wise. Might not even be prime-Earth Flash's suit, might not even be his final suit, but it's the one being advertised.

If JDM is not a Batman, I will be somewhat unsatisfied. That was a central part of Flashpoint, and I think it's in bad taste to adapt that story without that particular element. It's also one of the most popular elements of that event, based on my discussions with people on the series.

You know what I can get totally on-board with? Supergirl being the one who was captured and mistreated by the government on alternate-reality Earth, rather than Kal-El. That could be a fun twist on the story while keeping the message that was in Flashpoint. I think that it would be a decent intro for her too, rather than another Kryptonian origin story movie, to have her show up in the main universe (alongside Superman). It would take some finesse to write her in rather than dealing with a malnourished character Allen recognizes, but it's a change that I could enjoy.

It would be a missed opportunity to not have the Themyscira vs Atlantis war plot fleshed out just a bit in his travels. It was mentioned in ZSJL and I would like just a hint more of it boiling over to modern times on another Earth.

I would like to see a cameo by Green Lantern(s) or Martian Manhunter (was rumored to be in, haven't followed closely enough to see if it's confirmed) since Cyborg won't appear. I won't be disappointed if this doesn't happen, though.

I know that might seem like a long wish list, but there's a lot of room for The Flash to impress me otherwise.