• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

The Flash's TV Dad Congratulates Billy Crudup On Being Cast As The Flash's Movie Dad

John Wesley Shipp, who portrayed Henry Allen and plays his Earth-3 doppelganger (known as Jay Garrick) on The CW's The Flash, gave his support to Billy Crudup (Watchmen), who was recently cast as Barry Allen's ill-fated father in The Flash feature film.

bosh7lc.png

The Flash movie will be directed by Dope-helmer, Rick Famuyiwa, and star Ezra Miller (Justice League) as The Scarlet Speedster and Kiersey Clemons as his longtime love interest Iris West. It'll run into theaters on March 23rd, 2018.

Billy Crudup Cast as Barry Allen's Dad in The Flash Movie

billycruduptheflash-199075.jpg

Billy Crudup has been cast as Henry Allen, father of Barry Allen (played by Ezra Miller) in The Flash movie, Variety reports. The actor has a history with Warner Bros, Zack Snyder, and DC Comics, of course, as the blue-skinned and pantsless Doctor Manhattan in Watchmen. In that movie, he was the one doing the flashing.

Warner Bros. frequently dips into their own past for new films; once they've worked with - and like - and actor, they tend to show their loyalty, so Crudup getting another shot in a superhero world isn't too surprising. The casting for The Flash should be speeding up right about now, as the film is expected to go into active production directly after Justice League, also starring Miller as The Flash, finishes principal photography.

Rick Famuyiwa is directing the film, with Kiersey Clemons also signed to star as Iris West in the film. Seth Grahame-Smith wrote the -script off a Chris Miller and Phil Lord treatment.

That costume is just horrid. Armor on a speedster? And all the lines and seams? Not very aerodynamic.

it is barry's first costume he made out parts from NASA, 3D printer and god knows what else. Edited by kagenish

Is Director Rick Famuyiwa Hinting At Cyborg Joining THE FLASH In This Latest Image?

3b11Pen.png

It's been rumored for a few weeks now that Cyborg (Ray Fisher) will be making an appearance in Rick Famuyiwa's The Flash in 2018. According to Deborah Snyder, the two youngest members of the Justice League will hit it off when they meet in 2017, which will lead to the heroes appearing in each other's standalone films. So far, nothing has been officially confirmed, but it looks like director Rick Famuyiwa may be teasing Cyborg and The Flash's (Ezra Miller) inevitable team-up.

Earlier this afternoon, Famuyiwa took to his Twitter account to update fans on The Flash's current -script. In the image released by the director, two Funko Pop! collectible figures can be seen. One is clearly the Scarlet Speedster, while the other is positioned to be almost unidentifiable - however, some eagle-eyed fans were able to discern that the second Funko Pop! figure is in fact, Cyborg.

hor9Cmt.png

:wishluck:

THE FLASH Loses DOPE Director Rick Famuyiwa; Release Likely Delayed

The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Warner Bros.' upcoming The Flash solo feature, which stars Ezra Miller (Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), has lost its director Rick Famuyiwa (Dope) over creative differences.

This news should undoubtedly come as a shocker, as Famuyiwa, who has been attached since June, was actively involved in the pre-production process and played an integral part in casting both Kiersey Clemons (Justice League) as Iris West and Billy Crudup (Watchmen) as Henry Allen. He now becomes the second director to exit the project after Seth Grahame-Smith, who left in late April.

According to THR's report, Famuyiwa hoped to make a movie with a much edgier take on the Scarlet Speedster, but was met with considerable resistance from the studio, which probably shouldn't come as a huge surprise considering they had already been burned twice by edgier superhero movies just this year.

Following the announcement, Famuyiwa released a statement:

"When I was approached by Warner Bros and DC about the possibility of directing The Flash, I was excited about the opportunity to enter this amazing world of characters that I loved growing up, and still do to this day.

I was also excited to work with Ezra Miller, who is a phenomenal young actor. I pitched a version of the film in line with my voice, humor, and heart. While it’s disappointing that we couldn’t come together creatively on the project, I remain grateful for the opportunity. I will continue to look for opportunities to tell stories that speak to a fresh generational, topical, and multicultural point of view. I wish Warner Brothers, DC, Jon Berg, Geoff Johns, and Ezra Miller all the best as they continue their journey into the speed force."

Edited by kagenish

a) Sucks to be Ezra Miller. He's probably on some ridiculous workout routine that he's now got to keep up for another 2-3 months or so, to say nothing of delaying his ability to start another project.

b) Man the DCEU needs help...

a) Sucks to be Ezra Miller. He's probably on some ridiculous workout routine that he's now got to keep up for another 2-3 months or so, to say nothing of delaying his ability to start another project.

b) Man the DCEU needs help...

lol

You're always so full of joy, Gats ;)

I like Ezra Miller - had no idea who he was until he I saw his performance in Perks of Being a Wallflower. The man deserves a few more high-profile roles.

But this film losing two directors in six months, and one of them this late in the process? Not good.

Still not as troubled as Gambit, but not good.

I like Ezra Miller - had no idea who he was until he I saw his performance in Perks of Being a Wallflower. The man deserves a few more high-profile roles.

But this film losing two directors in six months, and one of them this late in the process? Not good.

Still not as troubled as Gambit, but not good.

I'm not a huge follower of directors however Famuyiwa always seemed like an interesting choice. Maybe "it was for the best", as they say...

this thread needs a new title almost as much as the film needs a new director

hm

i won't be able to hit that release date. tied up on SS re-shoots for the Lithuanian VHS release

I coulda sworn it was Betamax in Lithuania...

I don't get how the differences in approach between the studio and directors were not caught ahead of time. And for it to happen twice, something is not being vetted in advance of any contract signing.

Unless it was the Geoff Johns shift in thinking, which then in the end could be a good thing versus bad. That was the most major shift by Warner that wasn't in place months ago.

And then there's this, in which Scott Mendelson argues DC doesn't need to make a solo Flash film.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/11/02/the-flash-warner-bros-does-not-have-to-give-the-scarlet-speedster-his-own-movie/#325aa9516cda

His points are basically:

- We've already got a near-perfect live-action Flash in the TV show already.

- DC doesn't lose anything with having him simply guest-star in other DCEU films (a la Mark Ruffalo's Hulk).

- With two directors leaving within six months, something's probably wrong with the current iteration of the project, and better to wait and have no solo Flash film in the immediate future than needlessly rush it and give us a bad one.

On a different note, I don't get what's so hard about making a Flash movie -- one could do a lot worse than just adapt the 1987 Flash # 1 -- have a framing story of him racing cross-country in a blizzard, intercut with flashbacks to his origin, clashes with 1-2 of his rogue's gallery & love story with Iris. Then add in a post-credits sequence introducing Gorilla Grodd for the sequel.

Ezra Miller Breaks Silence On The Flash Director Departure

Last week, Rick Famuyiwa exited the film, citing "creative differences" as his reasoning for parting ways with the project. Famuyiwa's exit follows the departure of Seth Grahame-Smith from the director's chair months prior.

Now, star of the film and the upcoming Justice League movie Ezra Miller has weighed in on the subject, revealing what he thinks a director will need to helm the Speedster's movie.

"I think that the most important quality is the open heart," Miller said. "I think that The Flash has to be a story that is heartfelt. Because I think that's where the lightning really is."

The Justice League trailer and set visit revealed a drastically different approach to the characters of DC Comics as they have been injected with humor and levity following Batman v. Superman which focused on a darker, grittier style of storytelling. At the forefront of the Justice League's efforts to make audiences smile is Miller's Barry Allen. On set, Miller breathed new life into the franchise by offering up witty one-liners and a childish sense of joy which was not present in Ben Affleck's portrayal of Bruce Wayne or Henry Cavill's take on Clark Kent.

Ezra Miller has been reading throughout Flash history to do his research.

:banana:

Ezra Miller Reveals What Research He's Been Doing For The Flash

In an interview with Collider, Miller spoke about his work on The Flash and revealed how he created his iteration of Barry Allen. “I’ve been investigating and composing the character since the moment I started considering doing the screen test,” he said.

“Fortunately, a lot of that research is extremely fun and involves reading Flash Comics and other comics from the world of DC, The Brave and the Bold, and I’m really interested in the early history and some of my favorite stuff is Silver Age. Even the Golden Age and the Jay Garrick stuff, the original Flash. It’s just so fascinating, so endlessly compelling. It’s such an incredible set-up for exploration, all these fascinating concepts in physics, in mysticism, in fantasy...he can go anywhere. He’s that figure of the DC pantheon who transcends the realms, sort of like Hermes or Mercury before him in the respective Greek and Roman mythologies that the character’s (creator) Gardner Fox clearly very much based (him on).”

While much of Miller’s research on The Flash has been firsthand, the actor is not afraid to seek advice from outside experts. So, it is a good thing that DC Films CCO and famed comic writer Geoff Johns is around to help him out.

“He’s a good guy to have around,” Miller said. “He keeps us full of information and he keeps us from making ignorant mistakes that would upset the fans across the world because you pretty much can’t get someone with a deeper knowledge of this universe than Geoff Johns.”