• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 1/5/2023 at 6:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is the DCU a reboot, or not? How is Miller "amenable", but not Cavill?

My guess is Miller has compromising photos of somebody. 

On 1/5/2023 at 12:23 PM, eastriver400 said:

It must be REALLY good for them to even consider moving on with Ezra.    

If it doesn't make enough money, because of all the backlash WBD has set themselves up for, how does the studio defend this? I suppose they'll just change their minds for the thirteenth-dozen time over the past few years...

On 1/5/2023 at 12:46 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

If it doesn't make enough money, because of all the backlash WBD has set themselves up for, how does the studio defend this? I suppose they'll just change their minds for the thirteenth-dozen time over the past few years...

Oh absolutely.   If it doesn't do exceptionally well, there is no way on earth he is coming back.  I believe if Shazam FOTG or Blue Beetle do well, we will be seeing them in the future too. 

On 1/4/2023 at 4:21 PM, Bosco685 said:

Recent news makes me wonder if James Gunn isn't DC's Trojan horse. He destroyed Suicide Squad 2 in my opinion, scraps the best of the DCEU, but they're still open to keeping the worst part of it for some reason!!! I'm seeing lots of red flags.

On 1/5/2023 at 5:30 PM, chezmtghut said:

Recent news makes me wonder if James Gunn isn't DC's Trojan horse. He destroyed Suicide Squad 2 in my opinion, scraps the best of the DCEU, but they're still open to keeping the worst part of it for some reason!!! I'm seeing lots of red flags.

It really is causing a great divide before any real roadmap has been clearly announced.

On 1/5/2023 at 7:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is the DCU a reboot, or not? How is Miller "amenable", but not Cavill?

The only thing that makes any sense here is what would be considered ageism in any other context:

Gunn must have some idea for a "youthful, edgy take" on Superman that he thinks he can build a franchise around.  And he thought Cavill was too old to pull it off for the kids.  :frown:

On 1/6/2023 at 7:51 AM, Zonker said:

The only thing that makes any sense here is what would be considered ageism in any other context:

Gunn must have some idea for a "youthful, edgy take" on Superman that he thinks he can build a franchise around.  And he thought Cavill was too old to pull it off for the kids.  :frown:

Which is crazy as Henry Cavill is all of 39 yet Zachary 'I'm safe' Levi is 42.

What a goofy move after the excitement that came from Cavill's return.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

Which is crazy as Henry Cavill is all of 39 yet Zachary 'I'm safe' Levi is 42.

What a goofy move after the excitement that came from Cavill's return.

Yeah, I understand, but Shazam isn't the foundation for his new platform, and part of that particular joke is seeing a forty-something actor behaving like a kid.  

Don't shoot... I'm not defending, just trying to analyze something that on its surface does indeed look goofy.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:15 AM, Zonker said:

Yeah, I understand, but Shazam isn't the foundation for his new platform, and part of that particular joke is seeing a forty-something actor behaving like a kid.  

Don't shoot... I'm not defending, just trying to analyze something that on its surface does indeed look goofy.

Much of the industry reporting sites are hinted to Zaslav trying to achieve his cost reductions didn't want to fund the current recognizable stars, as their salary requirements would now be superstar level.

So we could have Gunn and Safran behind the scenes having to appease the CEO mandates. But it is still nuts when you have established characters and stars like Affleck, Cavill and Gadot.

The Flash Confirmed To Reset The Entire DC Universe

It's a new era in the DC Universe. This past fall, Warner Bros. branded its superhero division under one specific umbrella, DC Studios, led by The Suicide Squad director James Gunn and Shazam! producer Peter Safran. While things remained relatively abstract in the subsequent months, it was clear that in order for the DC Universe to progress further, some of its past must be retired. That began with Henry Cavill's Superman, as the British actor confirmed that despite his cameo in Black Adam, he would not be part of the DC Universe going forward.

The decision to recast Cavill led many to question what would become of the already-shot upcoming DC releases. Some bit the dust, as Batgirl was scrapped entirely, while others are actively in marketing campaigns, as evident by Shazam! Fury of the Gods's most recent trailer.

Amidst the studio changes and off-screen controversy, one film that has remained up in the air is The Flash. The Andy Muschietti-directed project was once due in November 2022 but was ultimately delayed to this June. While Ezra Miller's long-term future in the DC Universe is still to be determined, The Flash is confirmed to be crucial to the future of the bigger picture.

"A fantastic movie that I really love, that resets the entire DC Universe," Gunn said of The Flash in his DC Universe: Chapter 1 announcement video.

Gunn went on to note that other 2023 releases, specifically Blue Beetle, are "totally disconnected." That said, the upcoming Superman: Legacy will officially kick off what will be the DC Universe moving forward.

"The one thing that we can promise is that everything from Superman forward, from our first project forward, will be canon and will be connected," Gunn said. "We're using some actors from the past. We're not using other actors from the past, but everything from that moment forward will be connected and consistent."