• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 2/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, jsilverjanet said:

And this is where I think Gunn is making a mistake. Instead of trying to tie the existing movies, he's decided to start all over again. I really don't think it's going to work. I just think it's a bad path with the properties he's bring on.

As someone noted in the Black Panther thread. Focus on your A list properties. He's not.

Amen to that!

Gunn gravitates to the oddballs first (Creature Commandos, Weasel, Booster Gold). It's his thing. The traditional is then forced into that roadmap (Superman, Batman).

On 2/7/2023 at 6:48 PM, jsilverjanet said:

And this is where I think Gunn is making a mistake. Instead of trying to tie the existing movies, he's decided to start all over again. I really don't think it's going to work. I just think it's a bad path with the properties he's bring on.

As someone noted in the Black Panther thread. Focus on your A list properties. He's not.

We should have 2 Batman family movies.  It's crazy we haven't had a proper Robin origin film and a Under the Red Hood film yet.  

On 2/10/2023 at 8:08 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You would need a writer and director that want to work on Robin films. Don't see that being common.

There was a Nightwing movie in the works by Chris McKay. But then it dragged on due to ever-changing WB tides.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:12 AM, Bosco685 said:

There was a Nightwing movie in the works by Chris McKay. But then it dragged on due to ever-changing WB tides.

I'm a big Nightwing fan, so I would like to see Robin evolve into that, but Robin himself is just... We're talking about Batman using a child to fight crime. lol So, you're either going to have a neutered Batman or a mature Robin. It'll be incredibly difficult to pull that off in live-action.

On 2/10/2023 at 8:17 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm a big Nightwing fan, so I would like to see Robin evolve into that, but Robin himself is just... We're talking about Batman using a child to fight crime. lol So, you're either going to have a neutered Batman or a mature Robin. It'll be incredibly difficult to pull that off in live-action.

I agree. I don't get how you could take Dck Grayson and do a standalone show or movie without Bruce Wayne.