• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

It might turn into a Spiderman No Way Home sort of a deal, the hype of the retuning actor outshines the main character (only in certain scenes). However the main actor acts the heck out of their character (which is what Tom Holland did in NWH).  

I know there are problems with Ezra Miller, and I don't personally like him, but at least in the trailer his acting was spot on.  

On 2/14/2023 at 10:45 PM, Newkirk said:

It might turn into a Spiderman No Way Home sort of a deal, the hype of the retuning actor outshines the main character (only in certain scenes). However the main actor acts the heck out of their character (which is what Tom Holland did in NWH).  

I know there are problems with Ezra Miller, and I don't personally like him, but at least in the trailer his acting was spot on.  

My last couple of posts have been critical (because even though I'm a DC comics fan, I'm definitely not a fan of the Snyderverse at all), but like all of the other movies, I'll still see this one regardless of my pre-criticism. But they just really did a p*ss-poor casting job from the start with Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, despite whether he has the acting chops, and not to mention his ongoing controversies. That's not new for DC movies - most of their casting has been ridiculous across a majority of their cinematic properties. I'm hoping Gunn's DCU moving forward will find actors who can replicate the characters off the page like the MCU did with Iron Man, Nick Fury, Thor, Spider-man, Black Widow, etc.

If they are jettisoning the Henry Cavill Superman scene then hopefully they replace it with that wild rumor of bringing back Christian Bale as Batman.   

That.... that would be interesting.

I liked the trailer though.  I loved seeing Keaton as Batman again and I would have liked to have seen a bit more of him.  DC could easily incorporate Keaton in a Batman Beyond type setting for a movie and I would pay to see that rather than wait to stream it. 

On 2/16/2023 at 7:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

I get wanting/needing to stand by your "co-worker" and potentially friend, but come on Jason - Ezra is not a good person. I'm surprised just based off the press stuff that DC went ahead with this, although I can understand it from an investment standpoint. I'll still see it - I don't really base my viewing decisions on the transgressions of one person; a lot of people were employed in making this movie. But "Love you, Ezra?" That's a bit of a bridge too far in my opinion.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 2/16/2023 at 6:31 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

"Love you, Ezra?" That's a bit of a bridge too far in my opinion.

Yeah, that's a little much considered all the things Ezra Miller has done. In 2020 he choked a woman. In 2022 arrested for a variety of things like harassment, assaulting another woman, burglary as well as an order of protection against him for doing weird grooming stuff with a 12 year old.

Every person is free to stand by their dirtbag friends, but telegraphing that on social media is seriously questionable. I'd have expected Jason Momoa to be sharper than that.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, drotto said:

Ezra has had about the worst press you could have without killing someone. I truly doubt he will ever play Flash again

Alec Bladwin says he's going to finish the movie 'Rust' despite everything that happened. Those Hollywood types do not feel that the bad things they do really matter in the grand scheme of things. Imagine what kind of things you could do if you had absolutely no moral compass?

On 2/22/2023 at 2:31 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Did I stumble upon an anti Hollywood thread 

I wonder what it’s like to live in a glass house 

There's no grooming, pill-popping or violent assaults going on in my glass house. You may see my buttcheeks on the window if I catch you looking, however.