• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
11 11

2,178 posts in this topic

I'm not real familiar with the modern DC books, was the choice to go with a brunette Supergirl just a style choice, or is there a brunette Supergirl in the DC universe now?

I have nothing against brunettes, I was just curious.

I don't understand how the "Kang" dude (Jonathan Majors) is getting cancelled left and right and dropped from projects for "allegedly" smacking his G/F (which she has recanted from what I can tell), yet this guy who is on film numerous times assaulting women, and holding a family hostage is getting a free pass from Hollywood and the media.  Is it because he wears a dress?

On 4/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, media_junkie said:

I don't understand how the "Kang" dude (Jonathan Majors) is getting cancelled left and right and dropped from projects for "allegedly" smacking his G/F (which she has recanted from what I can tell), yet this guy who is on film numerous times assaulting women, and holding a family hostage is getting a free pass from Hollywood and the media.  Is it because he wears a dress?

They hold higher expectations for Marvel  (aka Disney) than they do with DC. 

On 4/19/2023 at 4:05 PM, media_junkie said:

I firmly believe that this is just a PR stunt until The Flash has run its course in theaters, then we'll be told that he's going to be recast. Of those who will see this movie, I think the people who care about his history are a great minority. And even though I care that Miller has personal problems, this movie also looks great (as of the last trailer) and I'm still going to see it if the next trailer holds up. Gotta remember that he's just the title character. If the art is good enough, it has value even if the artist does not.

On 4/19/2023 at 4:05 PM, media_junkie said:

Check your pronouns he goes by crazy right now. Seriously no way DC keeps him after this movie, bring me Wally please....

On 4/19/2023 at 3:05 PM, media_junkie said:

if i had to guess why one is being treated different than the other, it's probably has more to do with how he's treated other people in the industry and not so much what crimes he or the other actor have been accused of

look back at over the years on who gets cancelled and who doesn't

usually it's because they acted like a holes on the set and when they did something public, they now had the excuse to refuse to work with him/her