• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Donald Duck's Atom Bomb CGC9.0 white - a bargain?!

7 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=68&item=2162380533&rd=1

This was in my watching list and I still forgot to bid..damn.

It's highest in census. This was about 4th time it was relisted (lowest BIN I remember was$1,399), but it never met reserve. Once last bid was over $1000.

Also pgcmint has sold two VF+ 8.5 copies ( $1100 and $1155). But you all know what kind of pricing policy pgcmint has.

But is it a really rare book? There are copies regularly on Ebay and I'm sure there are a lot of better copies than this, still unslabbed?

(This looks great for example )

What do you guys think? Missed opportunity?

It's pretty rare CGC graded. I think there have been only 3 or 4 CGC copies (8.5 and 9.0) that got bids in the last year. The 9.0 got a high bid of $810 a month ago without meeting reserve. I think the 9.0 copy might have got listed a couple of other times with a very high start (over a thousand dollars) and didn't catch a bid. I didn't notice this one until too late either or I might have bid on it.

$490 is probably a little on the lower side of just about right. This book is not that rare and, I think, somewhat overvalued right now. You can get a lot more Duck for your money elsewhere. As far as I am concerned, there ought to be a different price spread for pulp giveaways as these are never going to have as much eye appeal as books with higher quality covers. The NM/FN ratio between Four Colors, WDCS, and Firestones ought to be higher than that of MOCs and Cheerios. Kites (since we discussed this the other day) is an excellent example of a book that ought to have a factor of no more than 2.0 between NM and FN.

I'm not a big fan of cut signatures.

I still have the autogrpahed photo that Diamond gave out at one of

their seminars years back. Then at the awards banquet, my wife and

I took photos with him, which she rushed out and got developed and we got him

to sign the photos themselves the next day. Keep one of them on my desk.