• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 starring Tom Cruise (2018)
1 1

72 posts in this topic

Liman's best movie to date has been "Go," but I really enjoyed Edge of Tomorrow. If they don't get Blunt, they're pretty much sunk. Her performances have been the heart of a lot of these sy-fy opuses (Looper.) Picture what "Oblivion" would have been like if she was the main actress. My 2c

EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 Title Revealed

The sequel to Edge of Tomorrow is one step closer to reality as director Dough Liman has revealed the film’s title.

Liman revealed that the title of the film will be a play on Edge of Tomorrow’s re-branded title Live Die Repeat, which was used for the home media release.

“We have an amazing story! It’s incredible!,” Liman told Collider. “Way better than the first film, and I obviously loved the first film. It will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat.”

Star Tom Cruise was already known to be returning for the project, but Liman has now also confirmed that co-star Emily Blunt is looking to return as well.

“Tom [Cruise] is excited about it, and Emily Blunt is excited about it,” Liman said. “The big question is just when we’ll do it. But it’s not an 'if,' it’s a 'when'.”

EDGE OF TOMORROW Sequel Now Has An Official Title As Emily Blunt Is Confirmed To Reprise Her Role

150935.jpg

While speaking to We Got This Covered about his new film, The Wall, Liman revealed that the follow-up to Edge of Tomorrow will be called Live Die Repeat and Repeat, and that Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt have both signed on to reprise their roles. The title doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but it does make sense considering the first film was actually marketed as "Live Die Repeat" in the buildup to its home release.

Why Edge of Tomorrow’s Sequel Is Titled Live Die Repeat & Repeat

edge-tomorrow-tom-cruise-doug-liman.jpg?

The studio believed that part of the reason the first movie didn’t catch on domestically was because people were confused by its name, and that’s why they opted to change the title to Live Die Repeat when the film hit home video. It turns out, that title was what Liman wanted all along, and when it came time for them to title the sequel, he told Den of Geek that he put his foot down and was allowed to title the upcoming second installment, Live Die Repeat and Repeat.

“So the book was called All You Need Is Kill. Japanese. I was making a comedy – an action comedy, and All You Need Is Kill didn’t feel like it was the tone of the movie I had made. The studio wanted to call it Edge Of Tomorrow, and I wanted to call it Live Die Repeat. I fought vehemently and lost. And then when the film came out and people loved it but the box-office wasn’t as good as it should have been, I really railed into the executive at Warner Bros who’d insisted that Edge Of Tomorrow was the better title."

“I was like, ‘It clearly is not. You were wrong.’ I committed the cardinal sin of telling somebody in Hollywood when they’re wrong, like, literally – I ended up having to call the person and apologize for pointing out that they were wrong. And they started titling it the title I always thought it should have, which is Live Die Repeat. But they tiptoed around it, and when we make the sequel, it’ll be permanently titled Live Die Repeat. The sequel will be Live Die Repeat and Repeat.”

Liman stated that the sequel is more original than Edge of Tomorrow and that it’s so “outrageous,” they needed an even crazier title this time around.

“…We came up with an idea that we loved so much and that is so original – it’s why the sequel’s gotta have an even crazier title, because the idea’s so outrageous, and so smart and clever. It feels more original even than the first movie. Tom and I and Emily are talking about going back into the trenches.”

On 4/9/2016 at 0:03 AM, Action252Kid said:
bronze_rules said:
  Bosco685 said:
  Bane said:
Really liked the first one.

+ 1

I think I've watched it more than 4 times now. Easily.

+2

:lol: I've watched it multiple times too! Looking forward to the sequel!

+1

Great movie.

This sound very positive.

Doug Liman spills 'Edge of Tomorrow' sequel details: 'I love it way more than the story of the original film'

34627d50805e4fd14ddf6cf18d679fd8

As announced last year, Liman and his American Made star, Tom Cruise, are looking to revisit their first collaboration, 2014’s time-traveling alien-invasion movie, Edge of Tomorrow.

Furthermore, the planned sequel — tentatively titled Live Die Repeat and Repeat — would be in line with Liman’s desired goal of rebranding the nascent franchise by its original name: Live Die Repeat. “That was an epic war between me and Warner Bros. that I lost,” Liman tells Yahoo Entertainment about the behind-the-scenes fight over the first film’s title. The director may have lost that particular battle, but he appears poised to win the war. When Edge of Tomorrow arrived on Blu-ray, the words “Live,” “Die,” and “Repeat” were emblazoned more prominently on the cover than the actual title.

“I’m hoping to rebrand it fully as Live Die Repeat, and the sequel will be inspired from that, whether it’s Live Die Repeat and Repeat or something else. Tom and I make movies for the long term, and I really think about getting the title settled for posterity.”

“Normally there are financial decisions behind making a sequel, but with this, it was just about us coming up with a story. Really, it’s not a world I was eager to go back to, because dealing with time travel can make your head hurt. But there was so much affection from fans of the movie — more than any of my other movies! — that Tom and I felt that we owed it to ourselves to at least think about what a sequel could be.”

Liman Says What It Would Take To Get EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 Made, And It’s Beautiful

Though Edge of Tomorrow 2 is not a sure thing, it is promising to know that the director of the first film, Doug Liman, has been working on putting together a -script that will finally get the sequel on the screen. He expressed his enthusiasm with Collider:

“We’re just working on the -script… [We’re no longer working on scheduling issues], now it’s down to we have a window where we could go do it, and we’re frantically working on the -script. It’s one of those movies that we’ll only go make if we love the -script. It’s not one of those things where the studio is pushing us to make it and they don’t really care if it’s good or not. If the movie happens, it will be because Emily Blunt, Tom Cruise and myself are passionate about making it, which is a great place to be. She doesn’t need this movie, he doesn’t need this movie, and I don’t need it. We’re gonna make it if we really believe in it. We have story that the three of us love, so we’re working hard on the -script.”

That’s kind of a beautiful thing, isn’t it? No one is forcing them to make this sequel. While the first film was beloved by those who saw it, the fact of the matter is: Very few people saw it. So there’s not a big studio breathing down their neck to crank out a sequel. If it gets made, it’s because they feel they’ve got something great for us. That stands in stark contrast to most sequels, I’d say.

Liman takes the hype even further by pointing out that, should everything fall into place the way he hopes, “It has the possibility of being my next film.”

Finally!

Warner Bros Wants Repeat Of Tom Cruise-Emily Blunt Sci-Fi Hit ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’

EXCLUSIVE: Taking seriously the film’s one-sheet catch phrase Live Die Repeat, Warner Bros is developing a sequel to the crowd pleasing summer 2014 hit Edge Of Tomorrow. Matthew Robinson (The Invention Of Lying) pitched a take and has been brought on to write the sequel. The intention is to bring back director Doug Limanand stars Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, who played warriors fighting vicious alien invaders in Europe.

The film will be produced by Erwin Stoff, Tom Lassally, and Masi Oka, with Hisashi Sasaki exec producing. The stars won’t make deals until they see a -script to their liking, but they are all in the loop and Liman will develop it with the writer. The studio has been toying with a sequel for several years and back in 2016 set the writers Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse. It stalled but there are high hopes now with Robinson’s new take.

Doug Liman has allegedly pegged down a good story with the help of Matt Robinson (THE INVENTION OF LYING). While speaking with "IndieWire", Blunt hoped that now that they feel like they've nailed a good story for a sequel, things can get rolling on make it all happen:

"I think there’s an idea, that he says is great, and he says this guy came in and cracked the case. How the stars will all align for us to be able to do it. I don’t know. I hope they do."

Getting to play bad- Sergeant Rita Vrataski again would be pretty exciting for Blunt who went on to express how much fun she had doing it the first time around:

"I absolutely adored it. It broke my body in half, but I’d be willing to do it again to work with those boys who I love. So let’s see."

While attending the premiere for A QUIET PLACE: PART II, Blunt joked that if the sequel didn't happen soon, Cruise & herself may be a bit too old to take it on and might need a little digital assistance to make the action believable:

"Tom and I are going to be 70 before we make another one It’s going to look a bit weird. We’ll have to do a real flashforward one…We’ll go full Irishman, it’ll be the Irishman version of Edge of Tomorrow. Who knows? I hope, I’m going to talk to Doug about it."