• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EDGE OF TOMORROW 2 starring Tom Cruise (2018)
1 1

72 posts in this topic

As far as Rita Vrataski and Edge of T(w)omorrow, Doug Liman said that a -script was finished late last year. Have you read anything yet?

"Yes, it’s really promising and really, really cool. I just don’t know when everything’s going to sort of align, you know what I mean? Between all of our schedules, it would just have to be the right time. But there is something in the works, for sure, that’s a great idea. A great idea."

:wishluck:

34 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Not trying to go off topic, but what did you make of her in Sicario?

her character in that film was the weakest part, fairly annoying, but that was just bad writing, not acting, imho. i thought she was fine in the role, even though i was torn because i love her and wanted to love that character more than i could. otherwise i enjoyed that film. benecio was amazing in it-

2 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

her character in that film was the weakest part, fairly annoying, but that was just bad writing, not acting, imho. i thought she was fine in the role, even though i was torn because i love her and wanted to love that character more than i could. otherwise i enjoyed that film. benecio was amazing in it-

I don't think it was bad writing at all. It goes to show the strength of her acting to make you feel that way about her

I think the writing was designed to show that she wasn't the protagonist but rather the antagonist (always a thorn in Del Toro and Brolin's side) as we can see by the latter two being in the sequel.

What an awesome movie. I hope they make a third

In the years since Edge of Tomorrow landed in theaters, star Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt have only grown in popularity, with director of the film Doug Liman noting that one reason why the planned sequel has yet to move forward is based on just how busy they are and the time commitment of making the movie. In this regard, the implication is that if Liman could get Cruise and Blunt to commit to the project and find the time in their schedules, the project would likely move forward quite quickly, but until then, there's little that can be done to make it happen as quickly as fans want it.

“It’s one of these things where if Tom, Emily, and I were to say, ‘We’re ready to pull the trigger on this -script,’ it’s Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt, the film gets made,” Liman confirmed with Collider. “That’s pretty much how Hollywood works. The stars are the gatekeepers. If you can get Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt to commit to the movie, it’s going to happen.”

The filmmaker did go on to admit that, despite his passion for the project, he doesn't have a sequel -script entirely completed, yet this obstacle wasn't something that hindered the filming of the original movie.

“For [the first movie], the -script wasn’t there when we started shooting. Tom and I often laugh about this, that during prep on that movie we’d say to ourselves, ‘There’s nothing like a looming start date for the shoot to put pressure down to get the -script right,’" the filmmaker admitted. "And then while we were shooting the movie, we’d say to ourselves, ‘There’s nothing like a looming wrap date to really put pressure down to getting the -script done.’ Then when while we’re editing the movie, we’re like, ‘There’s nothing like a looming release date to force you to get the -script right.’ These are really big, imaginative movies.”

Edge Of Tomorrow Ending Explained: Ready Player Tom Cruise

Interestingly, McQuarrie has said "Edge of Tomorrow 2" will clear up all the questions about the first movie's ending ... if it ever happens. The sequel has been in the pipeline since 2015, based on an idea Cruise pitched to McQuarrie. Several rewrites later, the -script is now apparently done, with Cruise, Blunt, and Liman all ready to return as soon as Warner Bros. says "Yes."

Therein lies the problem: "Edge of Tomorrow" grossed $370.5 million at the box office against a $178 million budget, which was enough to make it profitable (going by the old rule that a movie needs to gross double its budget in theaters to break even), but nowhere near enough to guarantee a sequel will happen. Not helping matters, Cruise and McQuarrie will be busy working on the seventh and eighth "Mission: Impossible" movies for the foreseeable future, with Cruise and Liman planning to shoot a movie in outer space (you read that right) as their next collaboration.

Blunt, who only recently signed on for Christopher Nolan's "Oppenheimer," has admitted that scheduling is a big reason "Edge of Tomorrow 2" keeps getting postponed. The other factor, as Blunt noted, is the budget. In the Covid era, studios only spend $150-$200 million on surefire bets, as far as their theatrical releases go. And unless everyone involved agrees to take a hefty pay cut, the odds are against Warner Bros. greenlighting "Edge of Tomorrow 2" as an HBO Max exclusive.

:wishluck::wishluck:

EOT01.PNG.e58db535e08688fad0e8958d101dbcfc.PNG

Edge of Tomorrow Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special features:

• Operation Downfall – Adrenaline Cut 
  • Storming The Beach 
  • Weapons Of The Future 
  • Creatures Not Of This World 
  • On The Edge With Doug Liman 
  • Deleted Scenes

Blunt recently opened up about filming the sci-fi film and having to wear an 85-pound costume that not only caused her frustration on the set but also permanently injured her ribs and collarbone.

“We had to wear these enormous suits, which I think would’ve been great if we had CGI’d them, but we wanted to do it in a tactile way,” she explained during an interview with Jason Bateman, Sean Hayes and Will Arnett in their SmartLess podcast (via IndieWire).

The Devil Wears Prada star continued, “When you hear the word ‘tactile,’ you think that sounds nice and cozy. There was nothing cozy about these suits. It was like 85 pounds. It was so heavy. The first time I put it on I started to cry, and [Cruise] didn’t know what to do.”

Blunt explained to Cruise that she didn’t know how she was going to get through the shoot and started to cry and that’s when her costar gave her the blunt advice.

“I said, ‘I’m feeling a bit panicky about the whole shoot.’ He just stared at me for a long time, not knowing what to do, and he goes, ‘Come on, stop being such a p*&@y, OK?'” Blunt said.

Cruise’s words caught Blunt off guard but soon they began laughing about the situation.

'Emily Blunt'  SmartLess Podcast