• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

double cover pressing

8 posts in this topic

Got a double cover witching hour 23 at my own yard sale (bought a bunch of comics from a guy who was looking at my stuff). Outer is about a 7.0, but inside is pristine. A few of the internal pages were creased though.

Will a press fix those internal creased pages?

Is a press a problem on a double cover?

Not sure if it is worth it on this generic book, but the inside cover may be a 9.8, so...

i still need to deal with the internal creased pages

and no, i would never do that. having owned 20-30K comics over my lifetime I have only gotten a few double covers just randomly like this. it's pretty exciting.

Yes, a good press should if it's done right.

Not sure if it is worth it on this generic book, but the inside cover may be a 9.8, so...

No, there is no issue pressing a double cover... if it's done right.

My gut instinct would be to NOT press it unless you're just dying to spend money.

Yes, a good press should if it's done right.

No, there is no issue pressing a double cover... if it's done right.

My gut instinct would be to NOT press it unless you're just dying to spend money.

because the book is a non-notable DC horror?

Yeah, pretty much. To get the interior page creases out it would take a bit more work than just a quick press. You'd likely spend $30 or more I suppose (I'm not really up on what people charge for pressing).

Yeah, pretty much. To get the interior page creases out it would take a bit more work than just a quick press. You'd likely spend $30 or more I suppose (I'm not really up on what people charge for pressing).

I'm sure joeyP would view it as a challenge to show his supreme mastery of the press and do it cheap for me... ;-)

Anyway, I need to take some pics of it, just been backed up with a million other things.

I'm sure joeyP would view it as a challenge to show his supreme mastery of the press and do it cheap for me... ;-)

Anyway, I need to take some pics of it, just been backed up with a million other things.

It wouldn't be hard to do; just make sure whoever you send it to knows their stuff. Joey is definitely your man. :thumbsup: