• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

I really don't want to get involved but it's here every time I check to see if there's any recent updates. You're just giving him the attention that he wants. From what I've read, he's upset a lot of people already. The best thing boardies can do is just ignore him.

The fact that he called me a child rapist after I posted about his failed sobriety means that one struck home. That kind of attention he does not want believe me.

sometimes it would be useful have board members be more open minded to these kind of things. Unlike Foley who remain sore and unforgiving.

Jonathan, I'm just curious as to why you feel you deserve to be forgiven.

Firstly, besides posting the word "Sorry" one time, you haven't even apologized. You have yet to admit any wrongdoing or comprehension that your actions were dishonest and unethical.

Then to top it off you make disgusting comments about pederasty directed at Kav (who, if I remember correctly was the one board member who initially expressed the willingness to give you a second chance.)

I'm all for forgiveness when someone shows remorse, understands why their actions were wrong, and demonstrates the desire to change. I've seen none of that with you.

What chezmtghut said is true as well, so this will be the last I have to say on the matter.

I would stop going off track ChiSoxFan, and focus on the main topic which is the new Batman film coming out in 2018. If you want to ruin for everyone, that's a judgement you have made which I have no power over. You should probably be pointing your finger at yourself and take care of that emotional baggage you've built up from the other thread we've spoken in before.

You're an embarrassment. You've provided nothing to this board since you arrived, and the sooner you're kicked off of here, the better. Anyone who posts garbage like this

Kav it looks like your Avatar has become your true self as I suspected from the start. You are of no use to this thread unless you are looking to rape 8 years old boys.

has issues that go beyond anything I can imagine. I have no emotional baggage, and I rarely interject myself into the disputes that go on around here, but saying something like you did is reprehensible -- and on Christmas, no less -- and says way more about you as a human being than I ever could. :facepalm:

GNC, it is my strongest straight advise to you. Take your leave from here for good, take whatever remaining baggage with you. This is for your own good. Man up on that. When you have made your last comment towards Kav with the "rape" remark ... you have crossed the line. Finished!

If you cannot digest this one, then you have serious issues. We do not want that here.

GNC, I was right when I see what kind of person you are by your posts. You confirmed by yourself. I am not judging you, ok? I could forgive you but since you have no understanding or have mortal reasoning ... then forgiving you would be empty meaningless.

Until you truly do understand your issues fully. Then forgiveness will work. For now it is unworkable at the point.

Now, please everyone go back with BATMAN movie on topic. We need to love BATMAN as our superhero. Not the villain above, he is worse than Joker! :sumo:

If you make enemies like crazy, it's time to consider something may be wrong with you. Unfortunately, the kind of person who makes enemies like crazy is unable to do this.

Fox 5 of Philadelphia's Kevin McCarthy was finishing his interview with Affleck at the Live By Night press junket, when he took a chance to speak for so many fans, pleading with Affleck to 'please direct Batman.' Affleck's response? "We're good and going!"

Even though the response seems genuine in the video, there are no real details, still, on where "good and going" puts things. The current rumor is that Affleck won't have to start as soon as spring 2017 (possibly allowing more pre-production time, like nailing down a -script) - however, the film is still expected to start filming in the latter half of the year. That would likely put it at a holiday season 2018 or March 2019 (same month as Batman v Superman) release.

Reading that Bats just got pushed back......and that Affleck MIGHT NOT go forward as either director or actor....

Reason: Justice League Movie sucks.

I hope that's not the case. You'd think that with all the hoopla concerning BvS and SS...they'd learn what the FANS WANT....

http://movieweb.com/the-batman-delayed-justice-league-mess/

Not going to place much credence in someone generically calling the Justice League movie a "mess" with no details. But I suppose I won't be surprised if it is since keeping Zack Snyder on it after BvS seemed most unwise. :eek:

Justice League will be the first DC film with the Geoff Johns fingerprints all over it, which in Marvel's case with Kevin Feige resulted in the huge success that was the first Avengers film. If Justice League bombs with critics, DC's future will look dimmer than ever. :( And the odds of Affleck continuing on with the train wrecks that he doesn't seem capable of seeing coming until they're already off the rails seems slim to none.

Not going to place much credence in someone generically calling the Justice League movie a "mess" with no details. But I suppose I won't be surprised if it is since keeping Zack Snyder on it after BvS seemed most unwise. :eek:

Justice League will be the first DC film with the Geoff Johns fingerprints all over it, which in Marvel's case with Kevin Feige resulted in the huge success that was the first Avengers film. If Justice League bombs with critics, DC's future will look dimmer than ever. :( And the odds of Affleck continuing on with the train wrecks that he doesn't seem capable of seeing coming until they're already off the rails seems slim to none.

well Snyder wasn't capbale of putting 2.5 superheroes in the same movie without it being a muddled mess. Fitting in five or six in a natural way into one movie...I'd say a lot of us don't have faith. Though Geoff Johns will probably be able to help out a fair bit.

I'm excited about Wonder Woman, have little faith in Justice League, have some interest in Flash, a little bit more in Aquaman, and ZERO interest in Cyborg.

I'd actually be fine if they scrapped this set of DCEU after JL bombs. Just give us a wonder woman sequel and move the whole DCEU to space with a bunch of Green Lantern movies (that ideally don't suck or involve blake lively).

Movie 1: Hal Jordan Reboot

Movie 2: Hal Jordan vs Sinestro

Movie 3: Hal Jordan vs the GL Corps and Guardians after the destruction of coast city. Install Kyle Rayner

Movie 4: Kyle Rayner and John Stewart

Movie 5: Green Lantern Corps: Sinestro Corps War

Do a random Guy Gardner prequel one-off movie at some point.

well Snyder wasn't capbale of putting 2.5 superheroes in the same movie without it being a muddled mess. Fitting in five or six in a natural way into one movie...I'd say a lot of us don't have faith. Though Geoff Johns will probably be able to help out a fair bit.

I'm excited about Wonder Woman, have little faith in Justice League, have some interest in Flash, a little bit more in Aquaman, and ZERO interest in Cyborg.

I'd actually be fine if they scrapped this set of DCEU after JL bombs. Just give us a wonder woman sequel and move the whole DCEU to space with a bunch of Green Lantern movies (that ideally don't suck or involve blake lively).

Movie 1: Hal Jordan Reboot

Movie 2: Hal Jordan vs Sinestro

Movie 3: Hal Jordan vs the GL Corps and Guardians after the destruction of coast city. Install Kyle Rayner

Movie 4: Kyle Rayner and John Stewart

Movie 5: Green Lantern Corps: Sinestro Corps War

Do a random Guy Gardner prequel one-off movie at some point.

I still have high hopes for Justice League. BUT would definitely watch that GL movie road map you laid out :applause:

There are those that felt BvS was a mess. There are those that think it was entertaining - but lacking. And then there are those that felt like it was a home run. Each is right, depending on how you see things.

The Ultimate Cut was not a muddled mess, for me. It was very well structured - but overloaded with content where I could see your average movie-goer would get lost in the 'Darkseid-Injustice Gods-Death of Superman-Death In The Family' mashup. I found it to be fun once I was clear on some of the details.

I agree Geoff Johns will make sure they don't sacrifice a well-told story going forward by rushing the larger DCEU in the same movie.

I agree Geoff Johns will make sure they don't sacrifice a well-told story going forward by rushing the larger DCEU in the same movie.

Except they've already done so. The reports (credible or not) from the last 48 hours were:

a) Justice League is basically done already -- and a mess; and

b) there's no -script for Batman, which has put not only its 2018 release date and Affleck's entire involvement in question.

I have faith in Johns, but not that he was involved early involve _and_ had enough sway to save Justice League.

The bigger issue is that (according to Affleck himself) Batman doesn't have a -script.

Now, Affleck's also in a considerably weaker position than he was a week ago, given Live By Night's middling reception in its super-limited release and its Golden Globes shut-out, so I think he needs Batman & will ultimately do it.

But they should have had a -script locked for Batman months ago.

Points to a lack of any real plan for the DCEU -- this news, and the indefinite hiatus for Flash -- reinforces the narrative that DC's just making it up as they go along.

Finally, I'd still bet my eye teeth we're getting Hal Jordan in Justice League. Remember -- it's "Unite the Seven." We have yet to see Superman or GL, but they'll be there.

If I were DC, I'd do whatever it took to hire Drew Goddard away from Disney and give him full creative control.

Except they've already done so. The reports (credible or not) from the last 48 hours were:

a) Justice League is basically done already -- and a mess; and

b) there's no -script for Batman, which has put not only its 2018 release date and Affleck's entire involvement in question.

What has folks worried about the JL being a mess is this article.

Source: THE BATMAN Has Been Pushed Back

Apparently, the brakes on the Batmobile have been tapped.

According to a longtime BOF source, THE BATMAN has been “pushed back.” How long? “A couple of months” I was told. If this is indeed the case, it means that THE BATMAN won’t start filming until mid-Summer at the earlier. Thus, a July 2018 release now will be in question as will a release in 2018 period.

So, why the delay? I really don’t know, but I’ll speculate…

Perhaps the -script really isn’t ready as Ben Affleck has been saying and the studio is giving director/screenwriter Affleck the proper amount of time to get it right.

Maybe Ben doesn’t want to direct it, but will still write, produce and star in it. As a result, they need time to hire a new director.

Or – and this would be the worst case scenario – perhaps Affleck knows that JUSTICE LEAGUE is going to suck (I'm hearing it's a mess -- I hope it's not!) and is ready to bail on the DCEU before he gets GIGLY’ed (again) by it.

But it is sounding like Affleck is in - just covering a lot of projects.

He has a process to how he approaches his projects. And he won't be forced to move sooner just because fans are excited to see it now versus later. He confirmed last night on Jimmy Kimmel he will direct the movie.

But I heard from a studio night guard who knows the executive wing janitor who is friends with the executive admin for the fellow that is friends with the CEO's brother-in-law Affleck is out. Guaranteed!

(:

Well, it's not like we DON'T have a reason to be concerned. I liked some aspects of BvS, liked SS a bit more.....but neither blew me away.

I've been waiting most of my life for these characters to be realized on screen in the way that DC and Marvel have attempted to do. So far, Marvel has faired better.....and I'm not really one of those Marvel fanboys.

DC has been floundering and has had many birth pains regarding these movies IMO.

I know that's the case, because I'm a huge fan of practically everything they produce for television and straight to DVD. They really knock it right out of the park. With the exception of the Killing Joke (which was controversial to say the least), they really know what they're doing.

Supergirl, Flash, LoT, Green Arrow, Constantine, Lucifer, etc....all well done. Not all direct translations of the source material either, but nonetheless, well done.

What DC/WB really should do is evaluate who the fans respect and who has produced what the fans have wanted. Then they should put those folks in charge of everything else.

Geoff is a good first pick, but there are definitely others that should be in the loop (Dini and Timm are two for certain).