• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,098 posts in this topic

Ledger's Joker wasn't "the Joker" either and he made it a great character.

I'm not a huge fan of the look of this Joker either, but Leto is a really good actor. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until I see for myself that (if) he sucks.

Yeah, I am totally judging it on appearance, I am also judging it on the rest of the cast and the atmosphere of the movie.

I already know I do not like the Suicide Squad movie. I am also biased towards Will Smith. His ability in the past decade has totally degraded any positive thoughts I had before. He is unfunny and has no range. He pulls this movie down even more

I'm not really a fan of Leto if we get right down to it. I have seen a handful of movies he's been in, the one that sticks out the most is Lord of War, he was decent in that. Everything else is completely forgettable.

With all that being said, Ledger's Joker was the most non cartoonish, entertaining Joker.

I liked Nicholson's for it's mix of serious and comic, however if the tone of the movie was more geared towards the Nolan era, I feel he could have outdone Ledger. His performance in The Shining is a prime example of how he could have perfected Joker

Yeah, I am totally judging it on appearance, I am also judging it on the rest of the cast and the atmosphere of the movie.

I already know I do not like the Suicide Squad movie. I am also biased towards Will Smith. His ability in the past decade has totally degraded any positive thoughts I had before. He is unfunny and has no range. He pulls this movie down even more

I'm not really a fan of Leto if we get right down to it. I have seen a handful of movies he's been in, the one that sticks out the most is Lord of War, he was decent in that. Everything else is completely forgettable.

I hear you. I don't think the movie looks particularly good. And, I also have Will Smith "fatigue" (have had it for awhile now). The only reason I am interested in this movie is to see how Leto's Joker stands-up to the other on-screen portrayals.

I had that by season 2 of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air :eek:

My concern is he'll write and sing the theme song to Suicide Squad...

Yeah, I know, I'm like a stuck record...

But so's he ;)

But so's he ;)

lol

Just you wait until 22 Jump Street Men In Black comes out, and Will Smith releases a theme song for it.

:ohnoez:

But so's he ;)

lol

Just you wait until 22 Jump Street Men In Black comes out, and Will Smith releases a theme song for it.

:ohnoez:

UUHHH

:grin:

Deathstroke Will Reportedly Be The Main Villain In Ben Affleck's Solo BATMAN Movie

144879.jpg

The report comes from The Wrap, who claims the highly skilled mercenary will actually be the main baddie in the movie. So, those hoping to see Jared Leto's Joker assume that position may be disappointed - though that doesn't mean he won't feature at all, of course.

If Deathstroke is in Justice League that means someone has already been cast in the role, and speculation currently points to former True Blood alum, Joe Manganiello. Nothing too solid, but the actor has been up for a couple of DC roles in the past, is currently in London where the movie is shooting, and he did follow director Zack Snyder very soon after Affleck posted that video.

If this is true, I think it's a great choice for a villain. Someone that can actually match Batman's skill and fighting abilities instead of just grabbing someone from the typical "rogues gallery".

If this is true, I think it's a great choice for a villain. Someone that can actually match Batman's skill and fighting abilities instead of just grabbing someone from the typical "rogues gallery".

I agree. Not another retread.

Awesome news! I agree with the posts above - he will be a great villain for Batman.

Too bad I sold off so many of my 9.4 and 9.6 NTT #2 undercopies the past year and a half years. :cry: