• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Joe Manganiello Reveals That THE BATMAN Will Begin Shooting As Soon As Next Spring

During the promotional tour for The Accountant, Ben Affleck attempted to dial back expectations for the current status of The Batman, making it clear that the movie isn't as far along as most of us assumed. However, it now appears as if the actor and director may have just been trying to surprise fans as new comments from Joe Manganiello point to production starting way sooner than expected.

Asked during an Entertainment Tonight interview how he's getting on after a recent health scare, the Deathstroke actor replied: "Great, man, just getting ready to go shoot Batman in the spring."

:o

'The Batman' Rumor: Is Jared Leto Changing His Joker Performance From The 'Suicide Squad' Vision?

tumblr_obgf49cFkM1r5rk9to7_r2_250.gif

Mark Hughes with Forbes magazine recently gave us an in-depth evaluation of the future of the DCEU, specifically regarding rumors surrounding The Batman.

In addition to stating that a -script has been completed (and undergoing re-writes as we speak), Hughes also states that Warner Bros. is tentatively planning to start production in 2017. This backs up the information that Joe Manganiello sort of implied when he said he was preparing to start filming The Batman in Spring 2017.

Speaking of Manganiello, who is the DCEU's Deathstroke, Hughes also touches on the subject of what other villains we might see. And yes, Jared Leto's version of the Joker is on the list.

Hughes suggests a possibility of the direction that Warner Bros. might be going with not only The Batman as a whole, but with the fate of what Jared Leto's Joker will be. In other words, we might see the tattooed, gangster "King of Gotham City" become something a bit more familiar, and appear alongside several other DC Comics villains:

"Deathstroke is not the only villain in the film, and I believe the Joker is going to appear (I heard for many months that story points were planned taking some loose influence from the Joker chapter of Frank Miller's iconic comic book story The Dark Knight Returns, but it remains to be seen whether that pans out now that the -script has been written)."

Interesting. I would've thought we were too far down the timeline for Joker to evolve. After all, this is a seasoned Batman and Joker's already offed Robin.

If Deathstroke is to be the main villain, does this mean Leto gets the back seat again...? lol;):devil:

Interesting. I would've thought we were too far down the timeline for Joker to evolve. After all, this is a seasoned Batman and Joker's already offed Robin.

If Deathstroke is to be the main villain, does this mean Leto gets the back seat again...? lol;):devil:

it could be like Synder run on batman that every time Joker came back he look different.

Bret Easton Ellis: Ben Affleck’s Batman -script is a mess and Warner Bros. doesn’t care

The Ringer published a big piece today titled “Movies Aren’t Dead, but They’ll Never Be the Same” about the state of the movie industry, and one of the people they spoke to was Bret Easton Ellis. Ellis is best known as the author of the book “American Pyscho” (Christian Bale stared in the movie), and apparently he has some big Hollywood friends.

“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,” Ellis told The Ringer.

“And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the -script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the -script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the -script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

Ben-Affleck-Nooooo-Reaction-Gif-To-Being-The-New-Batman.gif

:cry:

That just doesn't even sound real.

What studio executives after all that Warner Bros. flack are going to say 'We don't care - we're going to make a bunch of money'? Geoff Johns now has his name on this.

hm

The Ringer??

This is the site that published the article about movies in general. Could this be they were just trying to keep the tone of their piece the same throughout - movies are bland nowadays?

Playing Dead

Quality has not necessarily ever been the hallmark of Hollywood studio films, but the all-or-nothing proposition of many tentpole movies prizes some things above others. Timing and tactics trump art in nearly every case.

“I was having dinner with a couple of executives who know other executives who are working on the [forthcoming] Batman movie, The Batman,” Ellis tells me. “And they were just telling me that there are serious problems with the -script. And that the executives I was having dinner with were complaining about people who work on the Batman movie. And they just said they went to the studio and they said, ‘Look, the -script is … Here’s 30 things that are wrong with it that we can fix.’ And [the executives] said, ‘We don’t care. We don’t really care. The amount of money we’re going to make globally, I mean 70 percent of our audience is not going to be seeing this in English. And it doesn’t really matter, these things that you’re bringing up about the flaws of the -script.’ So I do think global concerns play a big part in how movies, and what movies, are being made, obviously.”

In lieu of a sophisticated superhero movie, Ellis laments the lack of innovative filmmakers working the limits of the studio dollar, pushing for bigger and more personal visions.

I didn't see that coming.

doh!

Bret Easton Ellis Walks Back On THE BATMAN Comments; "I Have No Idea What The -script Is Like"

Despite making some pretty inflammatory comments about the state of Ben Affleck's Batman, author Bret Easton Ellis has backtracked by claiming the studio execs he spoke too AREN'T involved with the film.

Given the fact that he's well known in Hollywood, Ellis' comments received a lot of coverage, but he's now taken to Facebook to backtrack somewhat. Well, completely actually. You see, it seems like he may have been speaking out of turn and that he didn't expect some gossip he'd heard to be published.

"During a long interview with The Ringer’s Sean Fennessey we talked about reasons why studio movies are so bad now and touched on the global needs of the marketplace. I told him something I had heard about the new Batman movie as an example of what might be the problem: I was talking with two executives who have NOTHING to do with the Batman movie and who KNEW people who were involved with the production. The two executives I was having dinner with were relating the problems they had heard about the -script from people working on the Batman project–that’s all. I know no one involved with the Batman movie and I didn’t realize that my comments would make it into The Ringer piece or else I wouldn’t have cited that particular movie–I have no idea what the Batman -script is like and I regret that it came off as if I was disparaging the project. Another reason to be careful giving interviews."

Given Affleck's impressive track record as a filmmaker and the fact that he's collaborating with Geoff Johns on The Batman, this makes perfect sense, though there's no denying that those supposed rumblings Ellis heard are still interesting.

The joys of online publishing, where you can make the facts up about your topic.

Joe Manganiello Says The Batman Will Be a Different Kind of Batman Movie

joe-manganiello-talks-ben-afflecks-the-batman-movie-209961.jpg

One of the DCEU's recent new additions, True Blood star Joe Manganiello, will be joining The Batman after making his debut as Deathstroke the Terminator in Justice League. Manganiello recently did a podcast with Pittsburgh's Mark Madden (via Reddit), in which he talked about The Batman, and why should be excited by it.

In describing the film Affleck is making, Manganiello said, "His take is a fresh take but I think the audience is going to be surprised. Because it's a road that no one's really gone down that's completely integral to, you know, who Batman is. And I think it's gonna be refreshing but at the same time completely familiar. But it's going to take this franchise in a direction that I think A LOT of people are going to be really happy about."

That's a big claim, given the mass exposure that Batman has gotten in modern culture. Still, hearing that fans are going pleased with the results of Affleck's Batman movie is a bit of a vague promise. Manganiello followed up his initial description with more specific descriptions, adding that, "It's going to be gritty and action packed and cerebral and all of those elements that people love about Batman...everything is lined up for a really really really great movie. Not only a superhero movie but just a great great movie."

Joe Manganiello Discusses When Ben Affleck's Batman Starts Filming

The actor just appeared on The Rich Eisen Show to talk about the football team, but he also took a moment to address his upcoming role as Deathstroke. And, in doing so, he also reiterated when production would kick off on Affleck’s flick.

When Manganiello was asked whether the film had already wrapped, the actor had this to say: “Uh, no. We will start at some point this year, it looks like.”

For some, the wording might be a bit confusing; After all, there is only one month left of 2016. However, it is much more likely that Manganiello was referring to 2017 since this year is nearly at its end. In the past, Manganiello said plans were shaping up for Affleck’s Batman to undergo shooting in Spring 2017, so it appears like the film is still on track.

When Manganiello was asked to spill a few details about the superhero flick, the actor said he was not able to say much but that he “can speak cryptically about it.”

“It’s about Gotham,” he joked after being asked to describe the film’s plot, “and there’s this guy that dresses like a bat.”

However, the actor did sober up when it came to discussing Deathstroke. The actor gave a short description of his character who the hosts correctly called a badass. “I play a one-eyed - like, the world’s deadliest assassin who also has one eye.”

Justice League 2 Delayed to Make Room for Ben Affleck's The Batman

justice-league-2-delayed-the-batman-ben-affleck-217021.jpg

With Affleck having an even bigger presence (and influence) in the upcoming Justice League movie, the studio is intent on getting his solo movie, (tentatively referred to as The Batman) into theaters.

THR now confirms that Zack Snyder will be taking a break between production on Justice League and its follow-up Justice League 2, in order for the studio to get The Batman solo movie out the door. Snyder's next movie will be The Last Photograph, about an Afghanistan war correspondent who teams with a special ops soldier.