• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Oddball said:

Pattinson is not my first choice or even my 32nd choice but I hope he pulls it off. I think he has really grown as an actor and proven his range. And Batman is a franchise where I don’t want the same portrayal over and over. Loved Burtons Batman as he created the best Gotham City ever put to film. Loved Nolans Batman as he brought our hero into the real world and gave us what is arguably the best comic book movie ever made in The Dark Knight. Snyder hasn’t given us a solo Batman movie unfortunately but if that warehouse fight scene in BVS is any indicator of what could be on the table, sign me up. As much as I tried to appreciate BVS, I only end up appreciating parts of it but never the whole. ZS Justice League made me a believer again. Snyder almost gave me Frank Millers Dark Knight. Not quite as old or jaded. So now we go from these huge spectacles to something new. I say bring this down to earth on a small scale within Gotham City and give us a crime noir detective thriller. I’m on board with that. I wish the execs had enough faith in this new iteration to green-light a trilogy because the only negative I’m seeing (besides Pattisons heavy makeup) is introducing too many characters at once. The Riddler should be fleshed out solo here while the Penguin takes the sequel. I want to see Paul Dano flex his ability here. Any actor playing a Batman villain should be thinking they better own it like Ledger did. And I don’t want to see a great actor like Jeffrey Wright not play a significant role in this. I want Gordon on the trail. Okay, I’ve said enough. This is why I can’t be on Twitter.

Robert Pattinson was definitely nowhere on my Bruce Wayne/Batman list. But I am trusting in Matt Reeves for now, recognizing he is in the drivers seat more than your average WB/DC director.

With the amount of characters hinted to, this is no greater than other superhero films. And we may just get a small glimpse of certain characters (e.g. Penguin) that doesn't go full super-villain until the next film. Time will tell how this plays out.

Someone on social media pulled a list of the posts Doomcock has made about his insider proclamations now that he is so focused on knowing all that is going on with The Batman.

For those on there that note he/she is more right than wrong with their pieces...

Doomcock01.thumb.jpg.7110e65e3ffad5e95316470a0c9d0530.jpg

I'm thinking he may not be worth listening to. :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Someone on social media pulled a list of the posts Doomcock has made about his insider proclamations now that he is so focused on knowing all that is going on with The Batman.

For those on there that note he/she is more right than wrong with their pieces...

Doomcock01.thumb.jpg.7110e65e3ffad5e95316470a0c9d0530.jpg

I'm thinking he may not be worth listening to. :facepalm:

Does he write for WeGotThisCovered...?

Warner Bros. debuted a new look at Matt Reeves’ “The Batman” at CinemaCon on Tuesday.

The featurette, followed by the DC Fandome trailer released last year, opened with what looks like chaos, with Robert Pattinson’s Bruce Wayne walking through Gotham. From there, he rises, and we hear Reeves promise an “emotional Batman movie” that we’ve never seen before. He also said it’s going to be “radically different” from any other Batman movie we’ve seen before.

Pattison also talked about how so many people have connected to the Batman character, and about how the film is a passion project for Reeves. Reeves also said the film is “grounded the way Year One is,’ referring to “Batman: Year One,” the groundbreaking 1987 miniseries written by Frank Miller that, in case you forgot, also served as the primary basis for Christopher Nolan’s “Batman Begins.”

On 8/3/2021 at 8:42 AM, Sauce Dog said:

While we wait for this new Batman, how about some old.

Just posted today online is the final video of the complete remaster of the 1949 Batman & Robin movie. Footage is looking pretty good having been cleaned up for 1080p by a single fan.

:golfclap: