• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 1:03 PM, Larryw7 said:

Hopefully they put that on Blu-ray. The 1943 Batman serial is in pretty shoddy condition, they need to remaster that one.

As much as I wish they would, it's unlikely to happen. Pretty sure the way the Japanese were portrayed would cause a Twitter :censored: fest, and they would pull the release.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm good with them keeping this story as secret as possible. Tired of the excessive trailer releases that at times give away far too much.

True, they need to find a good middle ground on trailers. I wanted to share the trailer for Upgrade with my brother today after I posted about it and I watched that trailer for the first time and it reveals nearly the entire kitchen fight. I wanted him to go in cold on this movie so I nixed it. Man of Steel did it right with a great teaser followed by trailers that didn’t give away too much. At least the first few that I remember. I didn’t watch all the tv spots.

On 9/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm good with them keeping this story as secret as possible. Tired of the excessive trailer releases that at times give away far too much.

Did it look like there might have been a shot of a "bat-plane", at the .56 mark, to anyone else??

I am also very interested in this.  One of the comic series I thoroughly enjoyed years ago was Batman Black and White.  I do believe that you can have many tales of Batman that do not have to fit into a proper movie continuity. 

I had one thought though and I could not place my finger on it until I just sat down to watch the latest episode of "What If?"

I do not think that Jeffery Wright was miscast as Commissioner Gordon.  What I do believe is if he is going to speak in the movie the way his voice overs for the trailers are indicating is that he was misdirected.  Wright has a very unique voice and it serves him very well when he wants to use the "God" side of his voice such as The Watcher in What If.  Wright also has a more 'civilian' voice that he has used in films like Syriana and the Bond among others.  If he is using the "God" voice in The Batman, I wonder how that will affect the tone in his scenes and exactly what they are going for here.

It looks like a crime noir film but there are other segments that don't seem to fit. 

I actually want this film to succeed so there are more standalone Batman movies with a variety of actors. 

Thoughts?  Or am I losing my mind from the constant barrage of trying to post between 500 errors.  I am learning to copy and past my response to a thread each time before I submit in case I have to write it again.  :(

On 9/25/2021 at 11:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

One of the comic series I thoroughly enjoyed years ago was Batman Black and White.

This was gifted to me from the X-Mas exchange. Enjoyable, indeed.

The Batman will allegedly be narrated a lot. If that includes Gordon narrating his own story, it could be well done.

On 9/27/2021 at 8:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This was gifted to me from the X-Mas exchange. Enjoyable, indeed.

The Batman will allegedly be narrated a lot. If that includes Gordon narrating his own story, it could be well done.

That would make sense then.  If Gordon is narrating a Batman story then that voice fits well reminiscent of #300 and serves the noir narrative.  

If not...