• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

Anyone else feel, more now than ever, that Robert Pattinson is a big miss when it comes to Batman casting?

I was a bit unsure with the 1st trailer, but this really confirms my suspicions. Black Adam is going to blow this out of the water.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:38 PM, D2 said:

Anyone else feel, more now than ever, that Robert Pattinson is a big miss when it comes to Batman casting?

I was a bit unsure with the 1st trailer, but this really confirms my suspicions. Black Adam is going to blow this out of the water.

I got the exact opposite impression...I had been looking forward to BA but the fandome footage didn't get me going but I enjoyed the Batman footage for sure.

On 10/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, Bird said:

I got the exact opposite impression...I had been looking forward to BA but the fandome footage didn't get me going but I enjoyed the Batman footage for sure.

wow. interesting!

huh. I'm more excited for catwoman. she felt more believable for some reason

On 10/18/2021 at 2:38 AM, D2 said:

Actually just the opposite. I was hating on Pattinson when first announced. Then I had mixed feelings from the first trailer. It was cool but I was still torn on Pattinson. After this full trailer, I’m completely sold on the movie and his portrayal. I don’t want a copy of Tim Burtons Batman or Nolans Batman or Snyder’s FM Dark Knight. All three of those versions worked for their time and were drastically different Batmen in tone. You could argue that Tim Burton was the only one that succeeded in making Gotham City the main character over Batman. And now this latest version may be giving us something that we have been missing in all those prior iterations. A true detective story. Which is funny since its something that has been lacking from a character considered the worlds greatest detective. And then you put him in a setting of what looks like a horror movie taking place on the set of Dark City. Oh yeah, I’m all in. I’m throwing money at this like Charlie Sheen at a strip club.

Edited by Oddball

Just you, I guess.  I didn’t like the casting when I heard it.  Now that I’ve seen some clips/trailers, I’m all in.  Looks like he got jacked for the role.  

I originally said that I would take a wait and see approach when it comes to Pattinson as Batman.

I waited.

I have seen.

I am sold and look forward to seeing this. 

Pattinson  has the 'look' down  as far as I am concerned.   The moves seem to fit.  The tone looks like it will work.

Yeah, the "tone" looks very Nolan-esque. 

Was talking to someone the other day about the trailer who said, it looks like it combines the tone of Nolan's Batman with the brutality of Snyder's Bat-fleck.  I thought that was an apt description.     

I liked it a lot.  Not sold on Riddler, but I'm not turned off either, just can't tell yet.

I didn't think much of Batman Begins from the trailers, and even from a first viewing.  I enjoyed it, but didn't see just how great it was until after several viewings.  Begins came out in 2005, and by 2007 I realized Begins was a top ten superhero film and I was all in on The Dark Knight which proved to be transcendent.  I may have to see this more than once to know what to think, but not fully appreciating everything in a film is the mark of a great film anyway.

Edited by fantastic_four

Much like they did with Tesla's R/C Cybertruck, Mattel is offering a 1:10 scale vehicle for collectors that's loaded with features. This includes movie accurate details (including a full interior), a working suspension, light and sound effects, a removable 6-inch Batman figure, a diorama plinth of the Batcave with a Bat-Signal light-show switch, and more. Here's the full breakdown:

• Specs: 5.3in (H) x 19.5in (L) x 9.6in (D)
  • Charge Time: 3 hours
  • Play Time: 20-25 minutes
  • Top Speed: 13-15 mph
  • Remote-control replica of the hero vehicle of The Batman franchise, features a true-to-movie sculpt and deco that's both sleek and stealth just like the Caped Crusader himself
  • This replica features rear-wheel drive with a real, working suspension
  • Full-function remote control has a pistol-grip and wheel steering for maximum precision when driving
  • Water vapor and color-change LEDs provide an authentic rear-jet glow as The Batman Batmobile speeds into the darkness
  • Interior features three-dimensional lighted instrumentation, a steering wheel and shifter that moves as appropriate and full detailed seats for ultimate collectability
  • Removable 6" Batman action figure comes seated in the driver's seat and can be positioned to "drive" the vehicle as if moving the steering wheel and shifting gears
  • Comes with a plinth that's straight out of the Batcave - push the Bat-Signal to illuminate the monitors and initiate a fully scripted light show with additional visual and audio effects

Pre-orders for The Hot Wheels Ultimate Edition R/C The Batman Batmobile will be available here at Mattel Creations starting tomorrow, October 20th at 9am PT / 12pm ET. Afterwards, expect many of the pre-orders to be available here on eBay. 

hcd18-c-22-0001-1500px.thumb.jpg.f666c8b2601d6a1bc23a13b1e68414d3.jpg

For those that get lost in the more toxic studio competitions... Kevin Feige looks beyond such things.

Serkis will move to yet another comic book universe in March, when he will be seen as Alfred in The Batman for Warner Bros. and DC. A new trailer dropped Saturday, and Feige was among those who checked it out.

“I thought it was great, and I thought he [Serkis] was great and everybody was great. And Jeffrey Wright, our Watcher, is great,” said Feige, referencing Wright’s roles of Commissioner Gordon in DC’s The Batman and the narrator in the Marvel series What If…? “I am beginning to think it’s Jeffrey Wright’s world and we live in it.”

:applause: