• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

This appears well-directed, but the latest trailer still has positives and negatives for me.

• Music for the trailer is excellent, hopefully reflecting how good the film's score will be.
  • Can't understand what Battinson is yelling at The Riddler.
  • The machine gun scene is visually cute, but Batman has no business tanking machine gun fire.
  • "Batman doesn't kill", but he uses the Batmobile to intentionally run another vehicle off the road? (Highlighting the stupidity of his 'no-kill rule'. Yes, do not kill intentionally, but attempted vehicular murder is definitely attempting to kill.)

Trying to be open-minded, but also trying to be level-headed regarding this property, especially since I have no cohesive film universe to look forward to.

On 10/25/2021 at 3:42 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This appears well-directed, but the latest trailer still has positives and negatives for me.

• Music for the trailer is excellent, hopefully reflecting how good the film's score will be.
  • Can't understand what Battinson is yelling at The Riddler.
  • The machine gun scene is visually cute, but Batman has no business tanking machine gun fire.
  • "Batman doesn't kill", but he uses the Batmobile to intentionally run another vehicle off the road? (Highlighting the stupidity of his 'no-kill rule'. Yes, do not kill intentionally, but attempted vehicular murder is definitely attempting to kill.)

Trying to be open-minded, but also trying to be level-headed regarding this property, especially since I have no cohesive film universe to look forward to.

Batman’s been killing since the 40’s like it was his job. And I believe he yells, “What have you done?” In the trailer.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Watch it at least 6X at the theater to determine your pleasure or not. It will come around.

(:

On 10/25/2021 at 9:51 AM, Oddball said:

Batman’s been killing since the 40’s like it was his job. And I believe he yells, “What have you done?” In the trailer.

Yeah, but Matt Reeves has claimed that his Batman "doesn't kill". The result doesn't mater; The intent does.

In the trailers, Batman electrocutes someone, beats the s^&* out of another and attempts vehicular homicide. I don't care if those characters don't die, but I care that "Year Two" Batman clearly tries to kill them.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, but Matt Reeves has claimed that his Batman "doesn't kill". The result doesn't mater; The intent does.

In the trailers, Batman electrocutes someone, beats the s^&* out of another and attempts vehicular homicide. I don't care if those characters don't die, but I care that "Year Two" Batman clearly tries to kill them.

He's not intending to kill them.  Just hurt them really, really, really, really bad.  :angel:

On 10/25/2021 at 5:06 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Nah, they are just sleepy.

50AEB109-412E-433F-85AC-E7316E518D8B.jpeg

On 10/25/2021 at 10:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

This is a very young and inexperienced Bruce Wayne lost in the role of Batman and all that anger that inspired him to take on the persona so as to fight crime. Supposedly he has not found his footing yet, but wants to exact vengeance on criminals so as to protect average Gotham citizens.

That's what I got from the first two trailers. And it has my full and undivided attention (and planned theatrical money).

On 10/25/2021 at 10:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

This is a very young and inexperienced Bruce Wayne lost in the role of Batman and all that anger that inspired him to take on the persona so as to fight crime. Supposedly he has not found his footing yet, but wants to exact vengeance on criminals so as to protect average Gotham citizens.

That's all fine and dandy, but the director need not pretend that his Batman doesn't have the mind of a murderer.

On 10/25/2021 at 11:09 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's all fine and dandy, but the director need not pretend that his Batman doesn't have the mind of a murderer.

We'll see. It sounds like Matt Reeves really wants to drive the detective elements for sure.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:54 AM, Oddball said:

Correction: First kill in 1939 - throws some poor b@stard into a vat of acid. In his first appearance even. I can hear Ledger saying, “even to a guy like me thats cold.”

Yeah. The golden age Batman killed *all* the time.

And people seem to forget how high his body count was in Batman (1989).

He killed more than 75 people in that film alone.