• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

In a recent sit-down for Entertainment Weekly, Affleck talked about how Damon (who was actually conducting the interview) helped him decide to leave his DCEU role behind, calling him "a principal influence on that decision." The Batman actor discussed how Justice League was a "nadir experience" for him and making The Last Duel with Damon unexpectedly renewed his love for the moviemaking process. Read what Affleck had to say below:

"I had a really nadir experience around Justice League for a lot of different reasons. Not blaming anybody, there's a lot of things that happened. But really what it was is that I wasn't happy. I didn't like being there. I didn't think it was interesting. And then some really s---ty things, awful things happened. But, that's when I was like, I'm not going to do that anymore."

"In fact, I talked to you about it and you were a principal influence on that decision. I want to do the things that would bring me joy. Then we went and did Last Duel and I had fun every day on this movie. I wasn't the star, I wasn't likable. I was a villain. I wasn't all the things I thought I was supposed to be when I started out and yet it was a wonderful experience. And it was all just stuff that came along that I wasn't chasing."

On 1/12/2022 at 6:59 AM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Funny considering he openly blamed Whedon for his decision to quit the role. 

And openly praised working with Snyder. I think he's trying to stay on good terms with WB while cutting ties with the mess that is the DCEU.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

Affleck actually tried to get his fellow lead actors to walk off the Justice League reshoot set in protest to get WB Studios' attention. Unfortunately, to avoid burning bridges, his cast mates didn't want to go along at the time.

On 1/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, D84 said:

The Batman runtime, according to IMDB, is 2 hours and 55 minutes.

For :censored: sake!

RELEASE THE SNYDER CUT! 

On 1/18/2022 at 7:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm open to it, but it better be damn good. I don't give a lick about Catwoman, so the story better make me care.

Catwoman gives a lick about Batman.

R (3).gif

For me, if a movie has a good story to tell which may require more than 2-2.5 hours then studios should allow for this. Like with Batman v Superman Ultimate Edition those 30 extra minutes kept the story flowing smoothly and logically.

I'm excited to see this, as Matt Reeves is an accomplished film creator and knows how to grab our attention. If this film length is true, and recognizing he is one of the producers with The Batman, this could be well worth the pee break wait.

Heck, folks sat through Avengers: Endgame for over 3 hours. What - because it had more characters?!