• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE BATMAN starring Robert Pattinson (2022)
13 13

3,099 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2022 at 1:50 PM, paperheart said:

top of my most excited list for 2022

Safdie, Nolan, Reeves, Bong Joon Ho - i'm beginning to wonder about the Pattinson angst from the internet warriors

Bong Joon Ho Eyes Next Film At Warner Bros With Robert Pattinson In Talks To Star

In a recent conversation with MovieMaker, Matt Reeves revealed the inspiration behind The Riddler in The Batman. He says that he wanted to base the character on the infamous Zodiac Killer, a real-life 1970s serial killer shrouded in mystery, who teased the detectives trying to uncover his identity and stop him. Reeves added that the idea for the movie was to portray the Riddler villain in that same image, and to indicate that his targets reveal that there is more of a conspiracy at play. Read Reeves' quote below:

"The premise of the movie is that the Riddler is kind of molded in an almost Zodiac Killer sort of mode, and is killing very prominent figures in Gotham, and they are the pillars of society. These are supposedly legitimate figures. It begins with the mayor, and then it escalates from there. And in the wake of the murders, he reveals the ways in which these people were not everything they said they were, and you start to realize there’s some kind of association. And so just like Woodward and Bernstein, you’ve got Gordon and Batman trying to follow the clues to try and make sense of this thing in a classic kind-of-detective story way."

On 1/19/2022 at 10:50 AM, paperheart said:

top of my most excited list for 2022

Safdie, Nolan, Reeves, Bong Joon Ho - i'm beginning to wonder about the Pattinson angst from the internet warriors

Bong Joon Ho Eyes Next Film At Warner Bros With Robert Pattinson In Talks To Star

3 hours

Louie Anderson Dies At 68 Meat Loaf Dies At 74 Godzilla TV Series In Development The Batman Movie Rating Revealed Microsoft Acquires Activision Blizzard

Robert Pattinson on the Psychology of The Batman and His No-Kill Code
By CAMERON BONOMOLO - January 23, 2022 10:55 pm EST

0 Comments

Robert Pattinson is vengeance in The Batman, and the Bat's bloodlust is curbed only by the Dark Knight's no-kill code. In his second year of stalking the crime-infested streets of Gotham City as a dark creature of the night, this reclusive and grungy Bruce Wayne "practically lives in the gutter," Pattinson says in the latest issue of French magazine Premiere. Explaining the psychology behind Batman, a vengeful vigilante out to brutalize the bad guys of the city that gunned down his parents, Pattinson says his caped crusader takes pleasure in punishment: venting his rage on the criminal element of Gotham.

"There is this rule with Batman: he must not kill. It can be interpreted in two ways. Either he only wants to inflict the appropriate punishment, or he wants to kill and his self-control prevents him from doing so," Pattinson told Premiere Magazine.

"I imagined it that way from the rehearsal of the first fight, I thought it was funnier: something in him just wanted to slit the guy's throat! I told myself that if he spends his nights chasing criminals, it is impossible that he does not take pleasure in it. He suffers and it is a desire that overwhelms him."