• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 CGC Registry Awards - the countdown begins!

106 posts in this topic

Who's excited for the 2016 CGC Registry Awards?!?

This guy sure is! :)

Does anyone know when the awards deadline will be for this year? Would I be correct in assuming it is on Friday, June 3rd at 5:00PM EST???

If so, only 52 days till the deadline!

If it is on Friday, June 10th at 5;00 PM EST then it is only 59 days till the deadline!

Either way, the clock is ticking!!! :preach:

Been working hard on this one for quite some time:

Shameless plug for WE ARE THE WALKING DEAD!

Looking forward to seeing that countdown clock appear back on the CGC registry home page!!! We should be getting close to seeing it again!!! :cool:

Sensei Ryan, you definitely have my vote for the top Modern Set. The whole competition is a sham if you don't win.

I've tried hard to build the best Modern Set, but I'm not quite there yet. Close though. :)

I wish you the best and give you nothin' but love for that amazing, over-the-top, Walking Dead set! Legendary! :applause:

Sensei Ryan, you definitely have my vote for the top Modern Set. The whole competition is a sham if you don't win.

I've tried hard to build the best Modern Set, but I'm not quite there yet. Close though. :)

I wish you the best and give you nothin' but love for that amazing, over-the-top, Walking Dead set! Legendary! :applause:

That's some awesomely kind words, my friend! Thank you so much! (worship) But your Spawn set is amazing, too! I recognized your username because I remember seeing it win a few years ago (I can only imagine how long it's taken to get that many ultra rare and hard to find books in that set). I grew up reading Spawn and loved the early issues (Image rocks)! Congrats, to you, too on an absolutely rockin' set! :applause: I definitely appreciate the encouragement! :)

What the Registry Awards really needs is a new category... a Forumite Lifetime Achievement Award. A sort of early Hall-of-Fame for the boardies who made a difference on here through multiple posts past 60k.

Let's honor the forum veterans. (thumbs u

Oh and good luck with your Registry Set Sensei Ryan.

What the Registry Awards really needs is a new category... a Forumite Lifetime Achievement Award. A sort of early Hall-of-Fame for the boardies who made a difference on here through multiple posts past 60k.

Thank you! Good luck to you as well :)

Wasn't last years deadline in early July? Can't wait either way :)

Jerome

July is when they announce the winners. June is the deadline for the sets to be entered and finished for scoring (they allocate a few weeks to figure out the winners). I just look forward to seeing the official date/time announced so we can await the outcomes...

Thank you, but I've been out of the CGC awards circuit for a little while now.

I imagine I won't be winning another major one again, so I always root for others to pick up one instead. :)

DSC04574Large.jpg

Thank you, but I've been out of the CGC awards circuit for a little while now.

I imagine I won't be winning another major one again, so I always root for others to pick up one instead. :)

DSC04574Large.jpg

:applause: Awesome award!!! Congratulations :)

Only 50 days (or 57 days) till the deadline - can't wait to see that countdown clock! :headbang:

i hope this years winning sets are better than last years- some of the winning sets were not very stellar,- no pics, descriptions- im not sure what the judges look at, but my sets ("shameless plug") crush 99% of last years winners- i was shocked that some of the peoples sets i browse werent winners, and other sets that were very bare received recognition- i hope the fix isnt it- how do i get in good with the "super-delegates" :wishluck:

Sensei Ryan has a pretty nice display- good pictures and descriptions- ive taught him a lot on how to best display his set- i hope he doesnt knock me out of the running!- :banana:

Jerome

July is when they announce the winners. June is the deadline for the sets to be entered and finished for scoring (they allocate a few weeks to figure out the winners). I just look forward to seeing the official date/time announced so we can await the outcomes...

Ah ha, makes sense, thanks for clarifying that buddy.

Jerome

Jerome

Ah ha, makes sense, thanks for clarifying that buddy.

Jerome

You're very welcome :)

Only 46 (or 53) days, 3 hours, and 25 minutes remain! Get those registry sets updated, peoples!!! :preach:

Only four weeks, one hour, and 27 minutes till we will meet the deadline! :o

Let's get this conversation started - who's with me?!? :sumo:

I, for one, am super excited for it...surely there are other forum members out there who are just as anxious! :shy: