• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS tracking info delays?

12 posts in this topic

I mailed 10 packages... 1 box and 9 envelopes... wed afternoon. All first class. The box shows tracking in North carolina, but I have nothing yet on the others. Buyers are getting antsy. Anyone else having delays on tracking info getting uploaded? I usually have a couple with delays, but not 9 out of 10 ( and that only showed today).

There have been delays in the system all year on books I have bought. Nothing major though should correct soon I would imagine. Buyers should chill if books have only been in the mail a couple days.

This has been my experience as well. Buyers just need to be patient.

Based on the long line of people sending in their taxes yesterday at the post office, I think that could be one explanation for the delay on your First Class shipments. Not sure how it works exactly, but it would seem to me that boxed packages would be flowing like normal, but envelope shipments might be experiencing some backlog with all the tax-related mailings at this time of year.

Last package I received tracking showed it was in guangzu China when it was on my doorstep.

It is occasionally sporadic in terms of inputting each handling step. I sent two packages on the same day a few weeks ago-- identical in size shape and materials. One got tracked door to door and arrived in three days. The other had the only tracking be "picked up" and "received at XXX" for almost a week. I keep an eye on things I send to make sure they keep moving along.

So when I saw this one sort of in limbo for that long, I went through the USPS website and requested e-mail updates for future tracking events. Suddenly a day later, a new entry got made and then it was delivered a couple of days later with several more tracking events. I call this a nudge maneuver-- just a method to alert the USPS that something might be up with the package without calling up the customer service help line-- though that is also a useful tactic to get your item moving again.