• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day 2016

106 posts in this topic

Of course most of you will be taking a break from buying your comics from an online discounter & heading to a brick & mortar shop on Free Comic Book Day...

You'll enter with a scowl...

And leave with a scowl...

Then you'll most likely come here & argue print runs.

Still have a subscription through my brick and mortar. :foryou:

Of course most of you will be taking a break from buying your comics from an online discounter & heading to a brick & mortar shop on Free Comic Book Day...

Still have a subscription through my brick and mortar. :foryou:

+1 $50 a weeks worth

I love LCSs. :cloud9:

Nothing better than actually seeing and touching the product.

I love LCSs. :cloud9:

Nothing better than actually seeing and touching the product.

I agree, and supporting LCS's is far more important to me than saving a few dollars now. I enjoy getting to see the new books on the shelves that I may have missed if I were just browsing online. I also really appreciate all the awesome things my LCS does on days like FCBD, Kids Day, Halloween, and Black Friday that are so family and community oriented.

It is also wise for collectors to support LCS's to protect the books they feel are investments, because when shops start disappearing, so does a large amount of interest.

Hmmm... Maybe that's just in your shop.

hm

My LCS is all :banana:

It's great that some of you support your LCS.

My opinion, the 2,000 brick & mortar shops are the reason that this paper business is bucking the digital trend. They're outposts for fans, entry points for newbies & the petri dish for pop culture development.

Anyway...

This is how it usually goes down on the CGC forum.

You guys will identify one book as the "it" item of FCBD 2016.

You'll complain about availability, limits, condition ect.

You will then savage the retailers that could not provide you enough free items...

Then you'll come here & argue print runs.

:)

Happens every year.

i'm surprised Divergence 1 never really caught fire...Justice League 40 has blown up I would think Divergence would follow suit.

Well, JL40 came out before Divergence FCBD......

Are you sure? That's not what I recall.

Either way, Divergence is just a shadow appearance.

i'm surprised Divergence 1 never really caught fire...Justice League 40 has blown up I would think Divergence would follow suit.

Well, JL40 came out before Divergence FCBD......

Are you sure? That's not what I recall.

Either way, Divergence is just a shadow appearance.

I have a few FCBD Divergence and I also remember getting them before JL40 came out. I have long since flipped my JL40 variants and piles of regulars though.

My opinion, the 2,000 brick & mortar shops are the reason that this paper business is bucking the digital trend. They're outposts for fans, entry points for newbies & the petri dish for pop culture development.

Anyway...

You will then savage the retailers that could not provide you enough free items...

Happens every year.

:hi:

:foryou:

Anyway...

Happens every year.

:hi:

:foryou:

So get a bunch of the one we want.....and make sure they are all mint... , that should cover all the other issues :devil:

Picked up the OA for the ROM #0 cover a couple months ago. Looking forward to seeing it in print (if there's any left by the time I get there...).

ROM #0 cover (Zach Howard)

Bob

(thumbs u That's a cool cover!

Too bad the art inside doesn't match. I had very high hopes for this revival. Hopefully the story is good:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/19/reading-rom-and-action-man-for-fcbd2015-a-blast-to-two-very-different-pasts/

Picked up the OA for the ROM #0 cover a couple months ago. Looking forward to seeing it in print (if there's any left by the time I get there...).

ROM #0 cover (Zach Howard)

Bob

Awesome pick! Congrats. I think the fact that this will be on FCBD will make it even a greater investment choice.

I'm primarily a sucker for anything Zach Howard does, and secondly a ROM fan. Pity he didn't do the interiors too, but the cover does look fantastic, and any ROM reboot is better than no reboot at all!