• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Farlaine the Goblin Original Art

10 posts in this topic

Howdy gang!

I write and draw an amazing little comic called Farlaine the Goblin.

I've never parted with any original pages of art - until today. Today I launched a Kickstarter that includes 10 pages of art for sale. These are the only 10 pages ever released from the series. My mom doesn't even have a page.

http://kck.st/1qBQfJC

These are fun originals. 500 plate Strathmore, a lacquered Sumi ink, all nib work. These pages have texture and art you can feel.

Kickstarter also has some other cool things like alternate covers by Skottie Young & Charles Paul Wilson III, stuffed Farlaines, first prints, drawings, etc.

-j

page7.jpg

page7b.jpg

page16.jpg

page29.jpg

page40.jpg

Howdy gang!

We sold out of the 10 original pages in the Kickstarter in the first 5 days! Thanks to anyone who got a page! You folks are gonna enjoy em:)

I wasn't expecting that though, figuring maybe we'd sell a handful, so after much hemming and hawing I decided I should add a couple of new pages(since the Kickstarter has 20+ days to go still).

A new reward tier was added with 3 spots for picks 11-13 at $400.

http://kck.st/1qBQfJC

For the 10 people already backing, you will now have 13 pages to choose from instead of 10!

Here are the pages I'm adding:

2/3 of Page 1 - Most of page 1 of Book 4. I was trying a new Eon paper and some new ink while drawing my first new page in months. The blacks came out lighter than I liked and the ink was spidering some of the lines. I finished the top panel and the first panel of the second row, but then realized I needed more pages to start the book, so I threw out two panels and rewrote part of the beginning.

01.jpg

Page 9 (originally Page 10) - This is a great page. The first full page appearance of the Twistcatchers. Much TC silliness with a great panel 5 Farlaine. What's interesting here is that you'll notice the printed comic moved the panels around:) Only two panels stayed in their original position!

10.jpg

Page 10 (originally Page 11) - This page has a lot going for it. You get this fun little silhouette first panel with the foreground twister. A wonderful second panel with the twistcatcher picking up the little twist. A fun panel of Farlaine holding the twist, and then using it on the tink. It's one of the fun land-power pages where I try to come up with unexpected uses for objects.

11.jpg

Final 48 hours of the Kickstarter! Last chance to get in on the awesome!

First and only time any original pages from Farlaine have left my hands! Original pages from Book 4:The Twistlands and finished 5"x7" nib drawings available as Rewards!

"In all honesty, and without any exaggeration, the best comic I’ve read all week." - Graphic Policy