• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Biggest difference between 9.0, 9.2, 9.4

3 posts in this topic

I have been watching copies of Amazing Spider-Man on eBay. I have a 6.0 and want to upgade. I have been watching 9.0, 9.2 and 9.4 copies. There is a HUGE difference between these. Are there any books (bronze or newer) that you notice this on??

Personally I think the difference in quality between the average 9.0, 9.2 and 9.4 does not warrant the spread in prices realized. PLus I have copies of the same issue where I believe the 9.2 looks better than the 9.4, so the variability in grading is another reason to not place so much emphasis on these small differences in CGC grade. If your only intent is resale, then I guess you need to weigh the label more.

Most CGC books I buy I tend to keep; I get a kick out of collecting books that look like severe undergrades, and don't mind keeping them as my sole copy of that issue. I have an X-Men #16 CGC 4.5 that looks like a 7.0 minimum. And it's an old label so if there's some gross defect I can't see it should be noted on the label- but none is. Great book for "guess the grade" game.