• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,135 posts in this topic

On 3/23/2023 at 2:04 PM, Black_Adam said:

You've been cheating on CGC? (tsk)

:tonofbricks:

The plan (oh CGC Gods I Love Thee), was to crack it out quick so as not to stain my cred. Now it will just become a sweet raw copy for my hoard. 

Hey Guys, I'm brand new here and I'm looking for some info. Back in the Bronze Age, I remember having a war comic book- one of the anthology type issues where there were multiple short stories, cannot remember who printed it except that I'm 99% sure it was NOT a Marvel issue.

Anyway, one of the short stories focuses on a new replacement joining a veteran company. Kid still has ALL his original gear. He's very surprised that the veterans in the unit have scarecely any gear at all. As the story progresses, the kid gradually loses most of his gear and he ends up equipped like the veterans- just the bare minimum, He loses an overcoat, gas mask, backpack, etc. 

Anybody enough of an expert to provide some guidance?? 

On 3/29/2024 at 3:09 PM, KennyP21 said:

Hey Guys, I'm brand new here and I'm looking for some info. Back in the Bronze Age, I remember having a war comic book- one of the anthology type issues where there were multiple short stories, cannot remember who printed it except that I'm 99% sure it was NOT a Marvel issue.

Anyway, one of the short stories focuses on a new replacement joining a veteran company. Kid still has ALL his original gear. He's very surprised that the veterans in the unit have scarecely any gear at all. As the story progresses, the kid gradually loses most of his gear and he ends up equipped like the veterans- just the bare minimum, He loses an overcoat, gas mask, backpack, etc. 

Anybody enough of an expert to provide some guidance?? 

You should post this question in the Silver Age War comics thread too. Most of the serious war comic collectors go there. I'll bet one of them can help you with this!