• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Infinite Bronze War Thread
11 11

3,135 posts in this topic

This one rides the fence between Silver and Bronze. Very, very nice Kubert art inside. And the cover is just ridiculous.

Raw OAAW #198 in 8.5

The cover art just sold on Heritage for just over $7k.

815003038o.jpg

Weird (and all),

Like I said, I'll keep an eye out for a copy on your behalf. If you want, send me a PM with your contact info.

This could be the best thread in the Bronze age group - But WE MUST HAVE MORE SCANS!!!!!

I am especially interested in seeing high grade (9.4 and up) shots of the GI Combat giant size books from 144 to 153. I have nice, clean and flat copies of all of them, but they all range from 8.0 to 9.0, unlsabbed. Most hardcore DC war collectors that I know consider them the hardest gets from that period.

I'l try and bring up more scans. Other tough areas are the Sgt. Rock books from 302-325, DC implosion time. I wonder if there were distribution problems associated with the downturn in DC's business in 1978-79.

C'mon fellas, let's busy up this thread.

Shep

This could be the best thread in the Bronze age group - But WE MUST HAVE MORE SCANS!!!!!

C'mon fellas, let's busy up this thread.

Shep

Ask and ye shall receive.

When I get home from work that is. grin.gif

Greggy,

Those 52 pagers are wicked - did you have a tough time finding them?

I'll try and post 144 and 151 over the weekend. I have a line on a NM 145 that I'm hoping pans out - it has one of Kubert's best covers.

Loving these books

Shep

Greggy,

Those 52 pagers are wicked - did you have a tough time finding them?

I'll try and post 144 and 151 over the weekend. I have a line on a NM 145 that I'm hoping pans out - it has one of Kubert's best covers.

Loving these books

Shep

I may have lucked out on a bunch of them back in the day. As I collect all of the DC titles from this era, I can pinpoint if these were any tougher than the rest but I was kinda disappointed that not all of them were that sharp when I looked at them yesterday.

Greggy,

Don't feel bad - those are nice-looking copies.

The GI Combat 25 centers from that period seem to be particularly elusive. Wonder if it was a distribution issue, or plain old collector apathy?

Shep

Greggy,

Don't feel bad - those are nice-looking copies.

The GI Combat 25 centers from that period seem to be particularly elusive. Wonder if it was a distribution issue, or plain old collector apathy?

Shep

You're right, Shep,....these .25 cent books don't turn up often. I would put it toward collector apathy, as Big5 collectors don't turn loose their books very much. Christo_pull_hair.gif